You can re-make one movie.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can re-make one movie- any changes you want.
Plot, end, actors, special effects.... anything can be made to your desires. Which movie do you do and why?

Me, I am doing The Dark Knight Begins.
Taking out Bale, because I hate his nasaly voice and overall demeanor. I am putting in Affleck, with the Affleck costume and fighting style.
Bale made Bats fight like a bruiser- literally trading punches with bane in the last movie.
Affleck was crafty, fast and agile, just as bats is portrayed in the comics.

I am taking out Neeson. I never bought him as a tough guy. I am bringing in The Rock, or perhaps Dolph Lundgren to play Ra's al Ghul. Bigger than the comic iterations, but terrifying to fight and I think both could manage to pull off the intellect.

The final fight wouldnt be that stupid train brawl either. It would be a rooftop fight between bats and and a bunch of the league of shadows working their way up the building and R'as on top for all the marbles.

(although if I got to control the entire universe of movies like the Marvel universe, The Rock would be my Lex Luthor. He would be perfect in that part)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would re-make the Assassin's Creed movie, but do it as a TV series.

It was pretty awful, and I love the game series.

I swear every video game to movie adaptation they take the least compatible parts of the game and try to shovel them into the movie.

Imagine if instead of adapting the 3 books of LOTR into movies, they adapted the video games.

So while telling fundamentally the same story, it was all from this odd (video game) perspective and it was 90% action with little to zero narration or character development.

Idk why the idea is so hard.... take the story and adapt it into a movie.... don't take the actual video game and try to adapt it into a movie.

Also IMO video game stories adapt far better to a TV format... video games have missions... they are already sort of episodic.

The Witcher, while not based off the games, but rather off the book material, is pretty well done.

I think Assassin's Creed could be done well as a TV series with hour long episodes.... one season to cover one game/time period.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
250px-American_Ninja.jpg

While Hollywood focused too heavily on remaking movies everyone already thought were good...I always wanted them to focus on bad movies that could have been good.

Take apart the bare bones story and American Ninja could have been a great movie. It suffered most when Chuck Norris declined the role during Pre Production to do Delta Force and a very modest budget.

Polish the script with a legit cast and a summer blockbuster budget...this movie becomes a Martial Arts Classic. Only to be compared to the sequel everyone will demand......

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You can re-make one movie- any changes you want.
Plot, end, actors, special effects.... anything can be made to your desires. Which movie do you do and why?

Me, I am doing The Dark Knight Begins.
Taking out Bale, because I hate his nasaly voice and overall demeanor. I am putting in Affleck, with the Affleck costume and fighting style.
Bale made Bats fight like a bruiser- literally trading punches with bane in the last movie.
Affleck was crafty, fast and agile, just as bats is portrayed in the comics.

I am taking out Neeson. I never bought him as a tough guy. I am bringing in The Rock, or perhaps Dolph Lundgren to play Ra's al Ghul. Bigger than the comic iterations, but terrifying to fight and I think both could manage to pull off the intellect.

The final fight wouldnt be that stupid train brawl either. It would be a rooftop fight between bats and and a bunch of the league of shadows working their way up the building and R'as on top for all the marbles.

(although if I got to control the entire universe of movies like the Marvel universe, The Rock would be my Lex Luthor. He would be perfect in that part)

I am remaking Star Wars Episode one.

Here is how I am doing it. I am going to use old school technology and grit. It will not look polished, digital, new, or shiny.

I am getting rid of all the big name actors and Jar Jar, rewriting all of the dialog, but keeping the same intense light saber fight scenes and the same intense racing/action scenes. In the re-shooting of the movie I do not want that digital look at all. Save that for a new movie that is telling a new story, I want the story to line up with the original movie, but the action to be modernized. I am also keeping the soundtrack.

I would take it back and try to make it look like it was done in the style of the original three movies but with some better tech in the modeling, explosions, and action.

And for the love of everything get rid of Jar Jar.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here is how I am doing it. I am going to use old school technology and grit. It will not look polished, digital, new, or shiny.

I am getting rid of all the big name actors and Jar Jar, rewriting all of the dialog, but keeping the same intense light saber fight scenes and the same intense racing/action scenes. In the re-shooting of the movie I do not want that digital look at all. Save that for a new movie that is telling a new story, I want the story to line up with the original movie, but the action to be modernized. I am also keeping the soundtrack.

I would take it back and try to make it look like it was done in the style of the original three movies but with some better tech in the modeling, explosions, and action.

Okay boomer ???

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I like it- dirty up the ships, match the technology levels...
As for Jar jar- You gotta make him a background kill with extreme prejudice. no words, just a satisfying execution.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
250px-American_Ninja.jpg

While Hollywood focused too heavily on remaking movies everyone already thought were good...I always wanted them to focus on bad movies that could have been good.

Take apart the bare bones story and American Ninja could have been a great movie. It suffered most when Chuck Norris declined the role during Pre Production to do Delta Force and a very modest budget.

Polish the script with a legit cast and a summer blockbuster budget...this movie becomes a Martial Arts Classic. Only to be compared to the sequel everyone will demand......

It is funny you bring up bad movies... I think Street fighter could have been an awesome movie with better casting and a bigger budget.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Does that force you to remake the rest of the trilogy for continuity?

I would choose that as a movie to just delete. I never needed too see Darth Vader as a bright eyed eight year old and the best character in the movie gets cut in half once they finally give him some real screen time.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I would choose that as a movie to just delete. I never needed too see Darth Vader as a bright eyed eight year old and the best character in the movie gets cut in half once they finally give him some real screen time.

Maul was a huge let down. Would have been cool to see him have more screen time.
Then- when you compare his screen time to Jar-Jars.... it is just infuriating.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jar-Jar Binks is an American hero you fucking assholes.

I will meet you both 2 on 1 in Logan Square.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jar-Jar Binks is an American hero you fucking assholes.

I was fine with Jar-Jar. The Ewoks were pretty cheesy too, but everyone ate that up in the last go around.

How does C3PO survive that entire ****ing Saga?

I would have shoved that thing off the Millennium Falcon halfway through the first flick.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was fine with Jar-Jar. The Ewoks were pretty cheesy too, but everyone ate that up in the last go around.

I would have shoved that thing off the Millennium Falcon halfway through the first flick.

I always found the Jar-Jar hate hilarious.... as if the series wasn't built on weird settings/characters.

In general the prequel hate from the original Star Wars fans always puzzled me.

The main complaints are things like:

"I don't want to see kid Darth Vader, I liked Darth Vader!"

or

"I didn't want to see some stupid story about how things were before A New Hope"

The main complaint, of people watching the Star Wars prequels was that the prequels were prequels lol.

"I don't like that these movies are the 3 movies before the 3 movies I like!"

It is like saying "I am mad the numbers 1, 2, and 3 come before the numbers 4, 5, and 6."

I love Patton Oswalt but he has a whole rant about how mad he was about how the prequels were all about how the characters and storylines began... in his words "I don't care about where the things I like came from, I just like the things I like!"

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
There would probably be no interest now but I always wanted a proper Doom movie.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There would probably be no interest now but I always wanted a proper Doom movie.

Doom TV series would also be cool.

I mean even if they just took the concept of "Zombie Daemons invade Mars colony"

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Doom TV series would also be cool.

I mean even if they just took the concept of "Zombie Daemons invade Mars colony"

I'd watch that!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Yes, I think the prequels were basically all trash. Outside the action scenes they weren't good movies in my opinion.

I give praise to the action being very good I just think they should've looked like prequels instead of shiny digital movies. Also the soundtracks were good, especially in the first, but those actors.

The acting was really stiff. I don't know why, but they failed very massively at the dialog and acting. Almost nobody was likeable or funny or remotely that interesting.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I was at the age where the ewoks didnt register. Never saw them.
I was utterly consumed and blinded by slave Leia.

My favorite fan theory about the star wars universe is that 4 and 5 happened, and everything that followed AND the indiana Jones movies were solos dreams as he was frozen in carbonite.

A militant and well structured rebellion puts a criminal in command because he has a rad ship and can fly fast?
His love interest all of a sudden is the sister of his rival?
His best buddy who double crossed him all of a sudden puts on his clothes(seriously...Landon is wearing solos clothes at the end of empire) and comes to save him?

The prequels were a fever dream of a smuggler with limited historical knowledge entwined with current events from his perspective.

The indiana Jones movies were littered with star wars names and references, up to and including hyroglyphs of c-3po and r2d2....and culminated in surviving a nuke in a fridge and aliens.
One can only assume the last indiana jones movie was so disjointed because his brain was finally crapping out from lack of oxygen.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

C3PO is the worst - or at least most annoying - character in movie history.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Maul was a huge let down. Would have been cool to see him have more screen time.
Then- when you compare his screen time to Jar-Jars.... it is just infuriating.
Maul is very much alive in the animated shows (which are great by the way). Not the same as movies obviously but it’s some of the best Star Wars made since the OTs