You guys think Rodgers retires? Traded?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I think the most likely scenario is that he'll come back for another year. All the stuff about him retiring or getting traded seems like a bunch of nonsense. But, stranger things have happened.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
His ego can’t let him retire without another SB. He knows he isn’t the Goat QB of all time. That is Brady. Heck he can’t say he is better than Favre because Favre made it to 2 SBs. Rodgers likes the attention.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Rodgers will be back dont fall for his bs. He is a master manipulator and going to retirement after another annual choke loss is his go to so he doesn’t get hammered by the media in the press conference.

He is all about the money, or as he calls it energy lol. He insisted on that guaranteed money for a reason. Follow what’s on paper not what’s blown out into hot air.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should trade him for a can of Dinty Moore Stew if they can find someone to take his salary. Last year Packer fans would have complained but I doubt they would now they are feeling what it's like to miss the playoffs.

They could have had two firsts and two seconds from Denver but I doubt they get that from anyone now, even if his shit season is attributed to nagging injuries that are expected to fully heal.

If they can't unload Rodgers they have to exercise Love's fifth year option in '24 to even see if he's worth keeping.

I am so looking forward to watching them circle the drain while the Lions and Bears improve and the Vikings keep failing to get over the hump.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I think he's playing for another team next year, not retiring. I speculated the Raiders, but I could also see the Titans as a possible landing spot.

The Packers seem ready to be done with him. Now that he's shown noticeable signs of decline, it'll be much more palatable to move off him, give Love his chance, and get whatever pick you can to rebuild their team as they head into the dark ages of an impending rebuild, whether that's now or in another year or two. It's coming.
Who would want him being a headcase and all of his salaries when he's in decline, nobody's trading for his ass

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah I am with ya, Rodgers is probably one of the five best QBs during the span that accounts for his career, but for being so great his reputation should suffer after his career is done should he never make it to another Superbowl.

Great? Sure. But his charmed career includes running a weak division and choking in the playoffs. Peyton Manning had the same reputation but has more hardware to show for it.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever hurts the Packers financially the worst is what I am hoping for.

Cutting him would be the worst case, but even trading him at this point would still have to cripple them. His base salary is next to nothing, it's all bonuses & options.

His own declining play and GMs seeing what happened in Denver is going to give Green Bay a shit return in draft picks too.

It's going to be a financial disaster, but I'd eat the signing bonuses and trade him to the Jets for Zack Wilson & a third round pick.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Don't think Rodgers will retire, he has too much left to prove. I also don't believe that the Packers want him back with all that drama, I think the Packers brass believes Love is a starting caliber NFL quarterback.

Packers finally cut the cord with Rodgers much like they did with Brett.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I hope he stays in GB at this point because he is starting to look like he is done. His passes and release just are not elite anymore. You can really see it because defenders are catching up to a lot of his balls. He doesn't have anywhere near the longevity of Brady. He will be 40 next year and that was the year Manning lost his arm as well.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I hope he stays in GB at this point because he is starting to look like he is done. His passes and release just are not elite anymore. You can really see it because defenders are catching up to a lot of his balls. He doesn't have anywhere near the longevity of Brady. He will be 40 next year and that was the year Manning lost his arm as well.
That is one of the reasons I believe the Packers move on.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the first time in many years I don't care what happens with Aaron Rodgers. They get rid of him we don't have to see him much more, they keep him he's starting to suck anyway.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't get where people say Rodgers is fun to watch. Brees, Manning, Brady, Prescott, Mahomes are way better, and that's just a short list. Favre it was at least somewhat enjoyable watching the Bears get creamed, and even more gratifying when Lovie Smith's defenses when they were elite stuck it in his arse. I think Favre is still the only quarterback to win league MVP 3 times in a row. while Rodgers is fooling around with witches, Favre was texting pictures of his cock and scamming starving people foundations. the moral of the story is they're both shit humans for different reasons.

fuck the Packers. Rodgers' greed and over-inflated self worth I hope fucks them for many years to come. the only reason this clown is a Super Bowl champion is because dickless Lovie Smith didn't eliminate them the last week of 2010 when they had the chance.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else remember how excited we were when Brett Favre retired? Up until the later part of his career he used to pick the Bears apart. Then the first time I saw Rodgers start vs the Bears, I thought, "Holy fuck- he's better than the guy he replaced!"

Two Hall-of-Fame QBs in a row by the division rival is hopefully an anomaly.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I mean after the year he had, who is trading that contract? I doubt his ego allows him to retire.

He played like crap this year and he will be a year older. Hope he keeps playing tbh. Watching him fall from grace is hilarious.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might be a big trade to Vegas which reunites Rodgers with Adams.