Young Bears We Need to Take a Step

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Obviously the Bears have some holes on the roster and they are not stacked with resources this year or next.

What are your power rankings of younger/unheralded Bears that would be a huge boost if they turned into legit players.

1. Ifedi/Borom

Obviously, Justin Fields is the priority. Getting solid consistent, maybe even above average, OT play from one of these guys at RT would benefit Fields and allow the Bears to focus next offseason on other areas of need.

2. Kindle Vildor

If he could become a solid CB2 that would be a massive win for the Bears for 2021, and allow them some flexibility in 2022. As of right now CB2 is probably the short term and long term position I am most concerned about.

3. Cole Kmet

It would be a big boost if he could take a step as a receiver and give the Bears a complete TE for the first time in a decade. It would also give them a long term player at a difficult position to fill.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Something would have to seriously go wrong if KMet doesn’t develop into at least an average nfl tight end.

his catch radius is massive and fields is pinpoint accurate.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Biggest is Jenkins at LT. You miss there and Fields is DOA.
I really hope we do something in FA as a stop gap. I'm pretty high on Jenkins, but I'm not completely comfortable with him coming in at LT right out of the gate. I'm good w/ RT though.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
JJ

Kmet

Any number of young O linemen

Anthony Miller - I'm not banking on anything but he does have talent and this could make the passing game dynamic.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
The Bears really needed somebody on defense from this draft. Wish they traded for another 2nd for Moehrig, Holland or Samuel Jr. this was a loaded draft. This defense will probably be in the 15-20 range this year, same with the offense, to the tune of 6-10 (if Fields gets red shirted, which he should)

My fear is the Bears throw Fields out there just to save face and prevent the Giants from cashing in on a top 10 pick. Really who cares. Let him sit and learn. This year is really about Jenkins, Herbert, etc

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The Bears really needed somebody on defense from this draft. Wish they traded for another 2nd for Moehrig, Holland or Samuel Jr. this was a loaded draft. This defense will probably be in the 15-20 range this year, same with the offense, to the tune of 6-10 (if Fields gets red shirted, which he should)

My fear is the Bears throw Fields out there just to save face and prevent the Giants from cashing in on a top 10 pick. Really who cares. Let him sit and learn. This year is really about Jenkins, Herbert, etc
I think Pace knows he’s safe for a few years after trading up for Fields. Nagy I don’t know about. I also don’t think the Bears care where the Giants pick next year. Fields will play when he’s capable of running this offense successfully.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1. Mooney - With the AR situation, Bears need Mooney to really showcase his shit this year. I feel like the relationship with AR is not repairable at this point. Good chance he leaves next season leaving the Bears with a massive hole at WR1 and no first rounder. Mooney and Kmet are huge for this offense.

2. Jenkins - If he is the LT of the future that means the Bears have knocked out QB and LT in one draft. Massive building blocks.

3. Kmet - Pace likes to give up draft capital so it's really important he hits on guys like Kmet (and JJ). Bears need Kmet to be a staple in this offense.

4. Vildor - lack of quality depth at this position is concerning. If he turned out to be a solid CB2 - that's huge.
4b. - JJ - showed a ton of promise, but with the Fuller departure he's just as vital as Vildor stepping up to a bigger role.

5. Interior OL (Mustipher/Daniels/Borom/Bars) - Mustipher and Daniels have shown they can play, but they need to continue ascending. Ifedi is a fine stop gap at RT, but it would be awesome if Bars/Borom can step into that RT position down the road.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really if either Vildor or Graham could step into a roll at CB that would be a huge gift. That is such a razor thin position.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'm not counting on this. In fact, I'm like 80% sure it's not going to happen.

Why did this guy not play LT in college?
Then who are you counting on to play LT? Why would the Bears release Leno if they didn’t have confidence in Jenkins to fill that spot?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He was going to play LT in 2020. Practiced there all offseason, started week 1 at LT, then their starting RT got hurt and the 3rd OT had only played LT, so they moved Jenkins back to RT and let the young guy play the spot he knew.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This was my initial reaction as well, but then they cut Leno and that tells you where the Bears plan to play Jenkins imo.

Ifedi was also given money to start at RT. $4M is not back up money.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This was my initial reaction as well, but then they cut Leno and that tells you where the Bears plan to play Jenkins imo.

I am currently watching some Ifedi from the last half of the season and he was solid. The play action and short setting helped him, but he has a formula that he can win with.

If Jenkins is good that would be huge, as help could more often be directed to Ifedi.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Let Jenkins learn and get through his growing pains at LT with Dalton as his QB. Ifedi looked to be playing better at RT later in the season. He was horrible at OG in pass pro.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

I should rephrase my comments.

They may very well be planning on playing him at LT (yikes). And he might have to. Whether it works out or not is another story, which is more to my point.

Nothing like getting your 1st real QB prospect killed like Joe Burrow.