Your boy Leno doing his thing last night…

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
ATTENTION: Leno nut huggers

Am I doing this right?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hopefully so. But that’s a dangerous game to play with a position as important as LT
I agree. But can’t think of any other reason why they haven’t signed anyone yet with all the injuries

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure some people understand how hard it would be to find a player WORSE than Leno at LT. The guy was horrible, and getting worse…

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure some people understand how hard it would be to find a player WORSE than Leno at LT. The guy was horrible, and getting worse…
Wouldn't be too hard. We had worse LTs on our roster like spriggs and the hamburglar

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It’s just unfortunate events with injuries that keep bums like Leno still on people’s minds. If Jenkins isn’t a go this season I’m sure some of the bums we have for depth will step in and give us the same crap we’ve seen from Leno over the years
I find it hilarious that people are crying about not having Leno still on the Bears. Reality tells you that Leno's play had dropped quite a bit. His level of play can be compared to Mike Glennon level of play at the QB position.

How many people on CCS cried about losing Glennon?

Well, that should be the same amount of people crying about Leno being cut now.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be too hard. We had worse LTs on our roster like spriggs and the hamburglar
Hamburler is an unknown because he was a 7th (?) round pick and hasn't played, the same place that Leno came from.

I would not say that he is worse ... yet.

Spriggs is worse than Leno was a few years ago, but then Leno's play fell off a cliff.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hamburler is an unknown because he was a 7th (?) round pick and hasn't played, the same place that Leno came from.

I would not say that he is worse ... yet.

Spriggs is worse than Leno was a few years ago, but then Leno's play fell off a cliff.
Guys I really dislike Leno and think he's bad, but I don't think multiple nfl teams are making the mistake of starting him if he's the worst LT in football. Nagy is an idiot with poor player evaluation skills but Rivera isn't

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Honestly there are idiots on both sides here. Leno is not some irreplaceable player. However the above logic is really just football stupid. I am sorry. If it was easy to find guys to replace Leno, he wouldn't currently be starting for the Skins.

In the end, I am fine with rolling with what we have but there is clearly a risk that Jenkins/Borom/Wilkinson collectively will be worse given the health issues and the fact that Wilkinson is the only one with NFL experience and he was about 20 points worse than Leno grading wise last year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I find it hilarious that people are crying about not having Leno still on the Bears. Reality tells you that Leno's play had dropped quite a bit. His level of play can be compared to Mike Glennon level of play at the QB position.

How many people on CCS cried about losing Glennon?

Well, that should be the same amount of people crying about Leno being cut now.

Jesus, can you guys please stop being stupid. Glennon has never gotten another starting gig in the NFL. By all accounts, Leno will start for the Skins. The comparison is stupid.

Look I am with you guys that Leno's time was up. But these stupid arguments overstating how bad Leno was just makes me feel dirty aligning myself with you guys.

Both sides need to step back into reality. Leno was a replacement level LT but there are certainly guys out there that may end up worse especially if they can't actually get on the field.

Jenkins/Borom are like being stranded 10 miles from shore. I can see a way to safety but there is no guarantee I reach land before drowning or being eaten.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Guys I really dislike Leno and think he's bad, but I don't think multiple nfl teams are making the mistake of starting him if he's the worst LT in football. Nagy is an idiot with poor player evaluation skills but Rivera isn't
Teams do it all the time. That is why Leno and Coward are starters or at least on rosters.

No multiple teams are doing it. One team is which had to release its own expensive tackle for financial reasons.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Jesus, can you guys please stop being stupid. Glennon has never gotten another starting gig in the NFL. By all accounts, Leno will start for the Skins. The comparison is stupid.

Look I am with you guys that Leno's time was up. But these stupid arguments overstating how bad Leno was just makes me feel dirty aligning myself with you guys.

Both sides need to step back into reality. Leno was a replacement level LT but there are certainly guys out there that may end up worse especially if they can't actually get on the field.

Jenkins/Borom are like being stranded 10 miles from sure. I can see a way to safety but there is no guarantee I reach land before drowning or being eaten.
Just because you cannot climb the little hill to understand the point doesn't make the point not valid.

Glennon was easily replaceable with just about any QB, just as Leno is with any tackle.

Leno was certainly one of the worst LT starters in 2020. His only good point was that he was healthy.

Here is a joke to show what I think of Leno's availability.

"The food is terrible. And such small portions"

Get it? That is a better situation than Leno being available.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Jenkins/Borom are like being stranded 10 miles from shore. I can see a way to safety but there is no guarantee I reach land before drowning or being eaten.
Yes, Jenkins and Borom are stranded 10 miles from being a Shore Thing.

Leno is solidly in Suckapolis.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just because you cannot climb the little hill to understand the point doesn't make the point not valid.

Glennon was easily replaceable with just about any QB, just as Leno is with any tackle.

Leno was certainly one of the worst LT starters in 2020. His only good point was that he was healthy.

Here is a joke to show what I think of Leno's availability.

"The food is terrible. And such small portions"

Get it? That is a better situation than Leno being available.

Glennon was not merely easily replaceable. He was never a serious starter in the first place. There is a world of difference between a guy with 94 starts vs a guy with 27 most of which occurred by default not because he was considered a long term starter.

Further, what is the basis upon which you have determined Leno was one of the worst LTs last year? Please let me know how many LTs you saw and how many of their games you watched?

Again let's be honest. I will bet 1k you have not actually watched half the games of the other 32 starting LT's in the NFL so again you are making shit up. You have no idea how he compares to the others as you don't watch enough of them play.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would venture to guess that Leno was one of the worst LTs in football based on how often he was flat on his back in the middle of a play.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did not like the Leno signing at the time but still feel his suckiness is overrated by Bears fans. Showing one rep of him getting beat doesn't tell us anything at all. At best he was a slightly above average tackle and at worst he was a slightly below average tackle. His best attribute was that he was durable.

The question isn't whether Leno was better than Jenkins or Borom at this point. The question is how far down the roster we may have to go at LT. The value of Leno is you didn't have to worry about Alex Bars potentially have to start at LT.

Having said all of that, it is what it is now. No point beating the dead horse. Pace will be judged on this based on whether Jenkins, Borom or someone else can hold down LT when the games matter.
This. It isn’t about how good Leno is or was but the fact we have no plan at LT now

Liked Posts:
I'am not familiar with how everyone's contract breaks down like many of you, but what starters are they losing out on if Leno isn't cut? No one that good. Give me Leno at LT and put the 2nd round rookie in his natural position at RT and give your OL more stability over playing backup swing tackles or 2nd year 7th round draft picks. I'll be ok not being able to sign a injured scrub like Desmond Trufant or a guy like Jeremiah Attaochu, who will probably give you just as much as every rotational defensive player has in recent years because at the end of the day, it all comes down to the health and production of their big money players.

Leno isn't good but releasing him didn't improve your roster with whatever money you saved. What is @Pegger saying here, its actually 6M?
Fixed it . Damn! I thought you knew everything!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You still don't get it.

Ok, it wasn't 11M, but it was 6M. That 6M saved does not come from a low level player. It comes from getting rid of someone like Hicks.

Who is harder to replace? Leno or Hicks?

Leno is not very good anymore, neither here nor in Washington and is easily replaced by some UDFA or 6th or 7th round pick tackle. I am not saying that the LT position is easily replaceable. It is the Leno version of the LT position that is replaceable. Borom our 5th round pick's floor is probably Leno level. Anything else that he shows is already an improvement over Leno. Even at Leno level, Borom has a chance at getting better because he is young. Leno's best is long past.

Now Hicks. Do you think that Hicks level of play is easily replaceable? Most people Hicks' size are extremely slow and are just a brick wall. Hicks creates havoc at his size. Yes, he is older, but he can still provide some play that is above almost everyone else from the interior not called Donald.
I don't get it. You're talking about numbers that apparently weren't even accurate. So they save 6M. Last i saw someone talk about signing a tackle, they had around $5M. That's the difference of Trufant. They also can restructure someone. They can work on an extension with someone else and create room. This doesn't have to be a Leno vs Hicks argument.

The bold is based on absolutely nothing. Just a completely wild guess on your part. No one thought Borom would do a damn thing until there was a report of him having a good practice and magically Pace found another "gem". That's where this all started. This feels oddly like you just doubling down on the OL will be better(with completely unknown and inexperienced players) just because you've been so anti- @Black Rainbow and his criticism of Pace's mismanagement is right.

We don't need to talk about Hicks. We all know he does more for his position than Leno ever has. I don't even know the point of talking about all of this when my original point was simple vvv
1628893112036.png
Leno is not good but nobody who has taken a single rep at LT for the Bears have yet to show that they are any better. Everyone has been getting beat like a drum in camp. Again, it leads to the same thing.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Glennon was not merely easily replaceable. He was never a serious starter in the first place. There is a world of difference between a guy with 94 starts vs a guy with 27 most of which occurred by default not because he was considered a long term starter.

Further, what is the basis upon which you have determined Leno was one of the worst LTs last year? Please let me know how many LTs you saw and how many of their games you watched?

Again let's be honest. I will bet 1k you have not actually watched half the games of the other 32 starting LT's in the NFL so again you are making shit up. You have no idea how he compares to the others as you don't watch enough of them play.
Leno will be easily replaceable with equal or better play.

If Leno were this everybody-wants-him-super-LT, he would not be in Washington with a 4 million one-year contract. He would have gotten a multi-year contract at least making 12 million per year.

Simple. Can't argue with that.

If he had changed his contract to the same one year 4 million dollar contract with the Bears, I guess he could have been in the running for a spot on the Bears. However; that was never going to happen.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don't get it. You're talking about numbers that apparently weren't even accurate. So they save 6M. Last i saw someone talk about signing a tackle, they had around $5M. That's the difference of Trufant. They also can restructure someone. They can work on an extension with someone else and create room. This doesn't have to be a Leno vs Hicks argument.

The bold is based on absolutely nothing. Just a completely wild guess on your part. No one thought Borom would do a damn thing until there was a report of him having a good practice and magically Pace found another "gem". That's where this all started. This feels oddly like you just doubling down on the OL will be better(with completely unknown and inexperienced players) just because you've been so anti- @Black Rainbow and his criticism of Pace's mismanagement is right.

We don't need to talk about Hicks. We all know he does more for his position than Leno ever has. I don't even know the point of talking about all of this when my original point was simple vvv
View attachment 13066
Leno is not good but nobody who has taken a single rep at LT for the Bears have yet to show that they are any better. Everyone has been getting beat like a drum in camp. Again, it leads to the same thing.
So you finally admit that having Leno which would cost 11M in 2021 (a savings of 8 million in 2021 if he is cut, not 6. Read Peggers post above), "leads to the same thing" or the QBs getting killed.

Why pay anything at all to keep that type of results if his best is crap? Replace him for cheap, save the money and have a floor of Leno results, with a chance of getting a cheap and GOOD replacement?