Your Expectations for Trubisky this season....

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
3500-4000 yards 30 tds 13 pics.

I think the biggest improvement we see, is he doesn't miss the lay up throws that pestered him all year (though they did get less frequent as the the season went on)

I expect timing to be better as well with everyone good to go to start OTAs and Training camp (Miller will miss OTAs but should be Full go for TC) and his reads and progressions a tick faster.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok....I gotta' step in here. That pass play call had zero to do with Wilson. Pete Carroll
call that awful play. After the game Carroll took the blame for it.

Carroll foolishly thought the Pats were in goal line "D" and the 'hawks could get away with a pass. One of the most questionable calls I'd ever seen in a SB. That call is not going on Wilson "airing it out"....it was on Carroll.

Dumb play call and dumb execution. Wilson could have simply threw the ball away and lived for another down. Or are you saying a QB has no decision making role once a play is called?

At 2 seconds it is obvious Butler has the WR and is breaking on the ball. So you throw that ball before the WR clears the natural pick and you dont lead him as much as Wilson does as that is what allows Butler to beat him to ball. You either throw it quick towards the back should or not at all.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dumb play call and dumb execution. Wilson could have simply threw the ball away and lived for another down. Or are you saying a QB has no decision making role once a play is called?

At 2 seconds it is obvious Butler has the WR and is breaking on the ball. So you throw that ball before the WR clears the natural pick and you dont lead him as much as Wilson does as that is what allows Butler to beat him to ball. You either throw it quick towards the back should or not at all.

It's so easy to say what he should of done after the fact and when you're not actually in the game though.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

No offense.
I don't need to see the footage. I don't need ur play by play on it. I was there....seen it a million x's. It's disturbing. He did what he was told.

I've played ball. And sometimes u just trust the play and what coaches think they see. Do u recall what I mentioned earlier about what they saw? This is important bcuz
of what happened later ( see the analysis below)
-----
So you throw that ball before the WR clears the natural pick and you dont lead him as much as Wilson does as that is what allows Butler to beat him to ball. You either throw it quick towards the back should or not at all.

Ok...so as Qb u are suppose to get the out in front. It was a slant play. You didn't know that, I can tell. Therefore, no you wouldn't, as u say.... "throw it quick towards the back".

No u can't just "not throw it" nor could he have just thrown it away.
This was a timing play (bam, bam). The big thing that happened was that the route was jumped by the defender.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No offense.
I don't need to see the footage. I don't need ur play by play on it. I've was there....seen it a million x's. It disturbing. He did what he was told.
I've played ball. And sometimes u just trust the play and what coaches think the see
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's so easy to say what he should of done after the fact and when you're not actually in the game though.

Exactly!

Remy is hellbent on being right i.e. Wilson, "game manager".....tried to step outta' that so-called role and "air it out".

remydat said:
They won on D and ball control not Wilson airing it out.
The next year when they tried to air it out with Wilson he threw a pick that cost them the Super Bowl where if they had just stuck to running they probably win it.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yes, people don't do that here about players, ever

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
or other QBs, for that matter. gimme a BREAK

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No offense.
I don't need to see the footage. I don't need ur play by play on it. I've was there....seen it a million x's. It disturbing. He did what he was told.
I've played ball. And sometimes u just trust the play and what coaches think the see
-----
Have u played American football? If so, what position? What was the play call here?

Lol, so you don't need my play by play on it yet you asking me what the play call was?

It’s up to the quarterback and the receiver to make sure the defender has to go through the back of the receiver in order to make a play on the slant. While this is not the exact same situation (since they are at the 11-yard line, not the goal line), look where Tom Brady puts this ball on the slant to Brandon LaFell for a touchdown earlier in the game. Also, look at how LaFell has positioned himself between the ball and the corner. v

https://www.si.com/2015/02/04/russell-wilson-super-bowl-49-interception-statistical-analysis

The bold is the problem. If you watch the below at 5:10, you lead the WR when the CB runs behind the pick. That was why Butler kept losing on that play in practice. So the minute Wilson sees that Butler has not run behind the pick but has jumped out in front of it that should be his queue to throw the ball on the WR's body or behind him. You don't throw ahead of him if the CB has jumped over the pick.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Meh idc if Eli makes the HOF but if he does it will open the door for more above average players to make it imo. I mean what is he going in for? Longevity? Shattering Giants records? Like you mentioned his superbowl wins over the pats?
ELI is no HOF, he'll get in because of popularity. New Yorkers will cry about it till it happens.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol, so you don't need my play by play on it yet you asking me what the play call was?

It’s up to the quarterback and the receiver to make sure the defender has to go through the back of the receiver in order to make a play on the slant. While this is not the exact same situation (since they are at the 11-yard line, not the goal line), look where Tom Brady puts this ball on the slant to Brandon LaFell for a touchdown earlier in the game. Also, look at how LaFell has positioned himself between the ball and the corner. v

https://www.si.com/2015/02/04/russell-wilson-super-bowl-49-interception-statistical-analysis

The bold is the problem. If you watch the below at 5:10, you lead the WR when the CB runs behind the pick. That was why Butler kept losing on that play in practice. So the minute Wilson sees that Butler has not run behind the pick but has jumped out in front of it that should be his queue to throw the ball on the WR's body or behind him. You don't throw ahead of him if the CB has jumped over the pick.

I edited the post ( below) cuz I knew u wouldn't get the point of the question. I wanted to see if u knew the route. ( I already knew the route)
Click the updated link

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@run and shoot , curious your opinion of a QB doing like Wilson doing what the coach told him to do vs a (Bears) QB like Brain Griese or Cutler calling his own play. Thoughts?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sure ppl. wanna be right. But one has to be open to other views. No?

Do you excuse yourself?
Here's another approach: since you've played, you can't consider a QB's decision a bad decision? Have you NOT done that with Bears QBs? Isn't that why you, and, we, are here, discussing football in April?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
@run and shoot , curious your opinion of a QB doing like Wilson doing what the coach told him to do vs a (Bears) QB like Brain Griese or Cutler calling his own play. Thoughts?
Brain Griese or Cutler calling his own play.

Cutler never called his own plays. Are you referring to BOB Griese or his son Brian?

Well today Qb's do not call their own plays ( the last one was Steve Grogan, Pats).
When I was kid....Qb's call their own plays i.e. Bradshaw, with Pit and many others.

Today Qb's can change the play at the LOS ( Ditka use to hate when McMahon did it).

Wilson has the authority to change plays. I think Wilson on that unfortunate play call, he went with the coaches. Wilson probably figured they saw something in the Pats "D". Later Pete Carroll claimed the Pats were in goal line "D" to stop the run. Hence, he called the slant

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
run and shoot said:

Sure ppl. wanna be right. But one has to be open to other views. No?

Do you excuse yourself?
Here's another approach: since you've played, you can't consider a QB's decision a bad decision? Have you NOT done that with Bears QBs? Isn't that why you, and, we, are here, discussing football in April?

If I'm wrong I have admitted it. And will continue to always do so.

Yes a Qb can make bad decisions. Yes I've done it with Bear Qb's ( see my last sentence)

Though ,On certain timing plays the "decision" is made b4 one passes the ball i.e. slants specifically quick slants. That play of Wilson's was a one read all the way. ( like mentioned earlier it was a " bam bam" type play.)

When I think "bad Qb decisions.", I associate it with going through reads properly and hitting the right wr. If the options aren't there, check down. When these things don't happen it's a bad decision which might result in a pick.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ok CCS,

Let's do it. What are you expectations for Trubisky this year. Stats/performance, fundamentals, "look", etc.

Passing:
Yards; 4200 & 33 TDs
Rushing:
Yards 830 (thanks to no starting RB) & 9 Rushing TDs
Receiving:
Yards; 24 & 1 TD

INT; 19
Fumbles; 7
sacks; 24

Last edited: