Your thoughts on this draft prediction

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
9. Chicago Bears (projected trade w/ Denver): Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
"The Broncos are in a fascinating spot. If they feel that Drew Lock is not their QB of the future, they may look to stay in this spot and draft a new QB. However, if there is a team willing to come up and offer them future picks for the 10th pick, they should consider it. Dropping back 10 spots will not significantly reduce the talent available to them defensively.

In this first-round 2021 NFL Mock Draft, that is exactly what they do. In the process, they pick up the Bears’ first-round pick in 2022 and a late-round pick in 2021.

The Bears are in no-mans land with their quarterback situation. Realistically, they cannot cut Nick Foles without adding $3.7 million in dead money to their 2021 salary cap. Therefore, why not keep Nick Foles around and have him be the veteran presence for your rookie QB? After playing just one season at North Dakota State, Trey Lance is somewhat of an unknown. However, the upside is there, and the Bears could immediately replace Mitchell Trubisky, who is set to leave as a free agent."

Some writer named Ben Rolfe. Not giving any actual weight to this but the scenario is interesting nonetheless. My issue with it is if Lance is there then why wouldnt Denver take him? If this happened i wouldnt hate it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The Bears are going to have to jump Denver and Carolina if they're dead serious about getting the 4th QB off the board, 3rd at best. Not to mention you have teams like the Giants and 9ers at 11&12 that could very well be in the QB market who could be better potential trade partners for those in the top 10.

Lance would have to come in and show fairly significant promise his rookie year in order to save jobs. That's a total wild card move. As far as I'm concerned, fuck it. Would be entertaining at the very least.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Bears are going to have to jump Denver and Carolina if they're dead serious about getting the 4th QB off the board, 3rd at best. Not to mention you have teams like the Giants and 9ers at 11&12 that could very well be in the QB market who could be better potential trade partners for those in the top 10.

Lance would have to come in and show fairly significant promise his rookie year in order to save jobs. That's a total wild card move. As far as I'm concerned, fuck it. Would be entertaining at the very least.

Fuckin right. They have to try something and it's gonna take a bold move.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Nope. I don't believe this coaching staff to develop him.
I think we're beyond that point. Riding into the season with Foles as the savior is a death sentence. And I'm fairly certain Pace and Nagy know it.

Unless of course they were giving "assurances" behind closed doors about job security if they draft another QB but it wreaks of a shit or get off the pot season to me.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think we're beyond that point. Riding into the season with Foles as the savior is a death sentence. And I'm fairly certain Pace and Nagy know it.

Unless of course they were giving "assurances" behind closed doors about job security if they draft another QB but it wreaks of a shit or get off the pot season to me.
I agree with you. I would take Wilson, then Jones ahead of Lance. This coaching staff needs a highly polished college QB to come in and play. This coaching staff will ruin Lance because how long of a leash they gave Trubisky. The Bear should've drafted guy like Hurts if they knew Mitch can't play. It didn't stop the Eagles even though they gave a big contract to Wentz.

They don't have the time nor ability to wait and develop Lance properly. Fox fucked Mitch by playing him early because of his job security. Same with Pace and Nagy.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I forgot about Carolina they need a QB, yeah it will be Mac Jones. Bears would need to jump Carolina and I don't think that will happen. Hell are we even sure Patriots won't draft a QB? Maybe they trade for a washed up veteran.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I forgot about Carolina they need a QB, yeah it will be Mac Jones. Bears would need to jump Carolina and I don't think that will happen. Hell are we even sure Patriots won't draft a QB? Maybe they trade for a washed up veteran.
Pats are certainly in the mix.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I agree with you. I would take Wilson, then Jones ahead of Lance. This coaching staff needs a highly polished college QB to come in and play. This coaching staff will ruin Lance because how long of a leash they gave Trubisky. The Bear should've drafted guy like Hurts if they knew Mitch can't play. It didn't stop the Eagles even though they gave a big contract to Wentz.

They don't have the time nor ability to wait and develop Lance properly. Fox fucked Mitch by playing him early because of his job security. Same with Pace and Nagy.

Mitch fucked Mitch by being shitty at most things important to being an NFL QB.

Just remember, the loser couldn't beat out Marquise Williams at UNC.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

didn't management push Fox to play mitch

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Drafting a QB could buy both Pace and Nagy a year or two, so I wouldn't rule it out.

After meeting with George M it appears Ryan Pace came to the revelation that the QB he drafted and the one he traded for were the sole reason for the teams letdown....

I'm still in shock that those other guys did that to Pace, Nagy and all the Bears fans!

This is Jerry Angelo v2.0. No accountability and publicly throwing others under the bus while disregarding their involvement of the situation.

I think as a GM grows within the Bears organization as opposed to getting better at their job they get better at navigating the family.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
9. Chicago Bears (projected trade w/ Denver): Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
"The Broncos are in a fascinating spot. If they feel that Drew Lock is not their QB of the future, they may look to stay in this spot and draft a new QB. However, if there is a team willing to come up and offer them future picks for the 10th pick, they should consider it. Dropping back 10 spots will not significantly reduce the talent available to them defensively.

In this first-round 2021 NFL Mock Draft, that is exactly what they do. In the process, they pick up the Bears’ first-round pick in 2022 and a late-round pick in 2021.

The Bears are in no-mans land with their quarterback situation. Realistically, they cannot cut Nick Foles without adding $3.7 million in dead money to their 2021 salary cap. Therefore, why not keep Nick Foles around and have him be the veteran presence for your rookie QB? After playing just one season at North Dakota State, Trey Lance is somewhat of an unknown. However, the upside is there, and the Bears could immediately replace Mitchell Trubisky, who is set to leave as a free agent."

Some writer named Ben Rolfe. Not giving any actual weight to this but the scenario is interesting nonetheless. My issue with it is if Lance is there then why wouldnt Denver take him? If this happened i wouldnt hate it.
Fantasy

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Drafting a QB could buy both Pace and Nagy a year or two, so I wouldn't rule it out.

After meeting with George M it appears Ryan Pace came to the revelation that the QB he drafted and the one he traded for were the sole reason for the teams letdown....

I'm still in shock that those other guys did that to Pace, Nagy and all the Bears fans!

This is Jerry Angelo v2.0. No accountability and publicly throwing others under the bus while disregarding their involvement of the situation.

I think as a GM grows within the Bears organization as opposed to getting better at their job they get better at navigating the family.
I don’t see this team winning more than 8 games with a rookie that has a limited supporting cast. A porous offensive line, a offensive coordinator that won’t change to fit his quarterback. A GM that is clue less.
I could go on.
An aging defense and a pretty tough schedule.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Pace is the biggest coddled bitch of a GM in the NFL, that’s for sure.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mitch fucked Mitch by being shitty at most things important to being an NFL QB.

Just remember, the loser couldn't beat out Marquise Williams at UNC.
And Marquise Williams couldn’t make it on anNFL practice squad.....that’s all you need to know.

Now does anybody want Trey Lance if that is who Pace wants?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Seriously?

YES just because the Bears coaches couldn't fix Pace's mistake that was made before they got here doesn't mean they can develop a QB.

Lazor, Defillipo ,and Nagy are all QB COACHES and I just dont see any merit to holding MITCH TRUBISKY against them especially when you have the guy saying he never paid attention to the details until this year.