You're the GM -- CCS Mock Draft (PICKS ONLY)

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do we continue to pick or wait for X to make the selection for DR MANHATTEN?

He made his pick...? I am up now.

Edit: With the 20th pick the Arizona Cardinals select:

Cyrus Kouandjio - OT - Alabama

The Cardinals have one of, if not the worst OL in the league and Kouandjio is the highest rated Tackle/player on the board.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the 21st pick in the NFL draft, the GB Packers select Calvin Pryor - FS - Louisville

Pryor's size, strength and speed make him an immediate impact in an already porous secondary. Some may view him as a reach considering how deep the Safety position is in the mid rounds but he's starting to rise up a number of boards due to his intangibles. Other options considered were CJ Mosely (ILB), Zack Martin (G) , Cyril Richardson (G) and Jason Verrett (CB).

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the 22nd pick the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Justin Gilbert-- CB-- Oklahoma State

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
With the 23rd pick in the draft Chris Sojka GM of the KC Chiefs and arguably the smartest man to ever live selects Jace Amaro Tight End from Texas Tech...

Amaro produces in both the passing and blocking game... at 6'5'' 260 lbs Amaro fits the description of the typical NFL TE, but his skill set is anything but typical he has explosive acceleration, exceptional hands, solid route running and great speed for a man of his size... uses his hands to catch the ball and uses his explosive acceleration to rack up yards after the catch... Has the Ideal body type you want in a guy who can develop into a solid run blocker or pass protector if needed... He gives the Chiefs more versatility in their offense and will help Jamaal Charles explode in both the running game and out of the backfield...

[video=youtube;TuS747XxHE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuS747XxHE4[/video]

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
With the 24th pick in the NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select....

QB Derek Carr from Fresno State University.

The NFL is a QB driven league, and Andy Dalton has shown that he is not dynamic enough to lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl. Carr has elite arm strength with great fundamentals and intangibles that new offensive coordinator Hue Jackson can help develop into a star. He has occasional accuracy issues, but with the weapons that the team already has, Carr will be in an ideal situation for his skill set. We are drafting our Franchise QB that will lead us to bigger and better things in Cincinnati.

td.gif

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
With the 25th of the 2014 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select: C.J. Mosley ILB - Alabama.

While it is not a need for the San Diego Chargers, by any means, he was the best player available. He'll prove to be an upgrade over Teo from the start. I would have worked out a trade, but I thought it might be rude delaying this draft by trying to receive offers.

[video=youtube;vS7gJ1re93E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS7gJ1re93E[/video]

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
With 5 first round picks in two seasons, I don't feel the need to spend another pick on a weapon Sam Bradford desperately needs. I'll take Travis SWANSON as the Rams shore up the Oline.

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ravens seem to like the idea of moving Osemele to RT. They also are going to sign Monroe LT.
therefore they need to fill in the interior. With the best Center gone....Guard will be a good way to go, so I will take the guy who on most sites seems to be the highest rated at the position. Rice needs holes and Flacco needs to stay upright.

David Yankey G Stanford

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737649/david-yankey

[video=youtube;X4Rs5uG_3rU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Rs5uG_3rU[/video]

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Drafting too late to snag one of the top WR's was a foreseeable problem in a position of need. No reason to reach now. With the top rated 3-4 DE still on the board this pick is easy.

The San Fransisco 49ers select... Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame.

Notre Dame defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt is the latest underclassmen to declare for the 2014 NFL Draft, telling SI.com on Sunday that he will forego his senior season with the Irish.

Tuitt is the No. 2-rated defensive end and No. 20 overall prospect, according to NFLDraftScout.com ratings. The only end currently rated ahead of Tuitt is South Carolina pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney (No. 2 overall).

Tuitt, 6-feet-5 and between 305-330 pounds, is currently No. 21 on NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst Rob Rang's Big Board despite an underwhelming junior season.

Highly athletic with the frame to star as either a 4-3 defensive tackle or 3-4 defensive end, Tuitt's upside is just too tantalizing to ignore.

Rang projects Tuitt to go No. 14 overall to the Chicago Bears in his Mock Draft, while fellow analyst Dane Brugler sees Tuitt slipping to the New England Patriots with the 28th overall pick.

Stephon Tuitt*, DE, Notre Dame
Height: 6-6. Weight: 312.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2014): 1-2.
1/11/14: Tuitt gained a lot of weight over the offseason following surgery and wasn't as fast or quick-twitch in 2013. However, he still found a way to make some impact plays in most games. Tuitt has rare movement skills with great size. He fits every NFL defense in a variety of ways, so it seems very unlikely that he would fall out of the first round.

[video=youtube;z-yzvz3TFIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-yzvz3TFIQ[/video]
LOL. I'm so fresh you can suck my nuts.

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With the 31st pick of the 2014 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos are pleased to announce the selection of Jason Verrett - CB - Texas Christian.

Elway on the selection:
Rodgers-Cromartie is a free agent, and Champ's not getting any younger. We're pleased that Verrett, a player we've been high on since the conclusion of LAST season, was still on the board with our selection. Our offense is in-tact, and our defense has been good enough, considering we just won the Super Bowl a couple months back, but we can always improve. We feel we've done that with this selection.

Kiss the rings.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With the 32nd pick the Falcons select DT Aaron Donald--Pittsburgh.
With a defensive line completely devoid of talent, and with Babineaux leaving as a FA, Falcons need to rebuild their defense from the line
Acquiring a pass rushing DT will help on the edges.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With the 33rd pick, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Xavier Su'a-Filo, guard, UCLA.

Joseph has been inconsistent and Nicks has spent most of his time in Tampa injured. Su'a-Filo is the top guard on my board and can start on day one, giving the line some needed quality and stability.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll pick for Clyde since his time has expired.

The Cleveland Browns select Tre Mason - RB - Auburn.

Since trading Richardson to the Colts mid-season, we never really had a RB emerge as a future building block. Some GMs may believe it's a little early for a RB, but without a pick over the next 40 or so selections, we wanted to get the highest rated RB on our board...one than can grow w/ Manziel. We feel like with this draft and some players we already have in place, we can have the most explosive offense in the AFC-North.

Nick80

With the 36th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select -

Allen Robinson - Penn State

Has improved over the last two seasons in College and gives the Raiders new QB a Target on the outside.

Snorch

Liked Posts:
Pick #37 The Seahawks add some beef up front

Notre Dame OL Zack Martin

PM sent

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jax: Scott Crichton, DE/OLB, Oregon State

The Jaguars were one of the worst pass rushing teams in the league last season. Crichton could help improve that part of the defense.