You've got 10 days to fix it and right the ship

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Not a good debut....sure.....things to be concerned about? Absolutely? but you've now seen where you have real work to do. You have 10 days to do it. You get Denver coming of a short week for them.

Is Trubisky ever going to live up to his high draft status and the stigma (not his fault) of being taken before Mahomes and Watson? NO. But...he's what you have (even though I think Chase could possibly run this offense better) ....he's big, he can run....

Nagy would really like to be able to run the whole Air Reid offense. .....well....he can't. Doesn't mean you can't still have an effective offense. I'd RPO and bootleg Tbiscuit A LOT. Design some stuff to get your fast pass catching RB's out in space and mismatches. You were missing Trey Burton....Allen Robinson is legit. The cubbard isn't bare.

Denver's D is tough...but they have Joe Freaking Flacco..he SUCKS. Just don't turn the ball over....let them do it!

The Bears are good enough to be competive with this D....you'll have to rethink what you really are on offense and accept that your best chance is to play it safe, let your D force turnovers and capitalize on that. It can be a winning formula....and it's exactly how you win a game on the road in denver or detroit etc.

Nagy will have to show he can adapt and give up the dream of the high powered offense and embrace what you really are.

I would imagine Brian Billick probably had to come to the same kind of realization when he took a defensive juggarnaut team to a championship with Trent Dilfer...Billick was an offensive coach trapped on a team that was best suited to grind it out.

That COULD be the bears.

greg23

Liked Posts:
the other thing we should figure out what to do, is score 1 more point than the opponent that week.

if we do that, good things should happen.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Oh wow... this thread again for thr 200th time since last night.

Thanks for the breaking hot takes.

Yeah...frankly, I bet the under on the bears before the season started....figured they were a good regression candidate, don't have a high opinion of Trubs....and last night reinforced that. I think you can beat Denver though. Sucks your D is awesome and your QB kind of isn't.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
No, Trubisky is never going to live up to his draft position - we're over it. (almost..lol)

No, Chase Daniel cannot run the offense better. We watched the preseason games - Chase cannot do shit.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sure Nagy will read this and be sure to implement it next Sunday.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Maserati Mitch will return to the mile high city and have his way with Fangio’s defense. No way Fang can stop a Maserati.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'd elevate Bray before playing Chase. Bray looked old, slow and indecisive.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Can Trubisky be Cam Newton?

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Stopped reading when I got to "Chase can run the offense better".

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Bears should just run RPO stuff all game long, like RGIII and the Redskins did his rookie year. Simplify his reads and let him run the ball more, which is really the only thing he's shown to be good at through 2+ seasons. At some point, they're just going to have to accept the fact that he's not a pocket passer, multiple read guy.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Not a good debut....sure.....things to be concerned about? Absolutely? but you've now seen where you have real work to do. You have 10 days to do it. You get Denver coming of a short week for them.

Is Trubisky ever going to live up to his high draft status and the stigma (not his fault) of being taken before Mahomes and Watson? NO. But...he's what you have (even though I think Chase could possibly run this offense better) ....he's big, he can run....

Nagy would really like to be able to run the whole Air Reid offense. .....well....he can't. Doesn't mean you can't still have an effective offense. I'd RPO and bootleg Tbiscuit A LOT. Design some stuff to get your fast pass catching RB's out in space and mismatches. You were missing Trey Burton....Allen Robinson is legit. The cubbard isn't bare.

Denver's D is tough...but they have Joe Freaking Flacco..he SUCKS. Just don't turn the ball over....let them do it!

The Bears are good enough to be competive with this D....you'll have to rethink what you really are on offense and accept that your best chance is to play it safe, let your D force turnovers and capitalize on that. It can be a winning formula....and it's exactly how you win a game on the road in denver or detroit etc.

Nagy will have to show he can adapt and give up the dream of the high powered offense and embrace what you really are.

I would imagine Brian Billick probably had to come to the same kind of realization when he took a defensive juggarnaut team to a championship with Trent Dilfer...Billick was an offensive coach trapped on a team that was best suited to grind it out.

That COULD be the bears.
I wanted Mahomes over EVERYBODY ELSE in that draft. That ship has sailed so lets just hope this is a result of not playing live ball in the preseason and he picks it up.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch and Nagy have been together for 600+ days.

What makes you think 10 days is going to matter.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
He’s had months to do it, after the failure on the playoffs, and Nagy did nothing, in fact, it got worse. He doesn’t know what to do.