Yu Darvish on the move?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Imagine not being able to pick up on sarcasm...

point being anyone can find an article that agrees with them on the internet, doesn’t make your take correct. To think you KNOW the cubs could of gotten a larger haul for Yu, is quite laughable.

Yu are right. Jed said that was the best offer that he could get from Preller. And he took it vs shopping Yu to other teams and comparing return values.

We know that Yu had limited trade blocking ability and SD was not a blocked team. But Yu would have thought that Jed would have been more diligent in creating a market vs accepting the best offer from 1 team.

Yu would think that would have been the due diligence.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Here is the truth.

Jed said this was not about the money.
Jed said it was about selling a high value.

Yu was not contacted as he was shocked.
Thus Jed did not as him if he could wave some teams to create a market.

What to take from this?

Jed said it was not about money. But seeing how he rushed it it sure does feel like this came from over head.

He had to accept 'the best offer from Preller'. Again points to have to dump payroll.

Jed IMO said it was not about payroll and it was about selling high but that was a lie. He did not create a market. He did not even try. He sat on SD only and accepted the offer Preller wanted.

The deal felt off from the get go.

When I first heard it I was thinking ok Gore would be great but a bit of a reach. CJ might be attainable. SS is locked and they signed Kim. So that makes sense.

After seeing 4x 45 grade prospects I was like WTF... We gave up more value for Q who was a lesser pitcher than Yu at that point.

That was my take. Most of baseball felt Jed got hosed here.

Now I know Jed is not this stupid to just sit on one team and will talk to other teams and talk to Yu to see if he can start to generate competition.

The fact that this never happened points to Tom Ricketts mandating a trade.

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Here is the truth.

Jed said this was not about the money.
Jed said it was about selling a high value.

Yu was not contacted as he was shocked.
Thus Jed did not as him if he could wave some teams to create a market.

What to take from this?

Jed said it was not about money. But seeing how he rushed it it sure does feel like this came from over head.

He had to accept 'the best offer from Preller'. Again points to have to dump payroll.

Jed IMO said it was not about payroll and it was about selling high but that was a lie. He did not create a market. He did not even try. He sat on SD only and accepted the offer Preller wanted.

The deal felt off from the get go.

When I first heard it I was thinking ok Gore would be great but a bit of a reach. CJ might be attainable. SS is locked and they signed Kim. So that makes sense.

After seeing 4x 45 grade prospects I was like WTF... We gave up more value for Q who was a lesser pitcher than Yu at that point.

That was my take. Most of baseball felt Jed got hosed here.

Now I know Jed is not this stupid to just sit on one team and will talk to other teams and talk to Yu to see if he can start to generate competition.

The fact that this never happened points to Tom Ricketts mandating a trade.
The trade was definitely initiated by Ricketts. What seems strange though is the "mandate", which means Hoyer would have to take a bag of balls in return, if that was the best haul available. If Ricketts told Hoyer to sell, why wouldn't Hoyer have created the market for Darvish instead of just calling up his former team and making an easy deal? In the end, Ricketts are a business family with an eye on long-haul investment. Why would Tom "mandate" a trade that didn't bring back nearly as much as it could have? More teams than San Diego would have been in that market. There has to be something behind the scenes we aren't seeing.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
From your other nutty postings here, I don't doubt it.

dude, you haven’t made sense for a while now. But go on living your delusional life where you think Yu should of gotten close to what snell got

p.s. - my nutty posting was me mocking you. The fact you haven’t figured that out yet speaks volumes

CSF77

Liked Posts:
dude, you haven’t made sense for a while now. But go on living your delusional life where you think Yu should of gotten close to what snell got

p.s. - my nutty posting was me mocking you. The fact you haven’t figured that out yet speaks volumes

It was Yu plus Caratini.

Yu was coming off a runner up Cy-young. Snell a .6 WAR effort. Snell has a total of 11.6 fWAR. 4.8 of it came in 1 year.

He has avg 1.7 every year outside of his big year.

You can talk Down value on Yu. But Snell is not a top 10 SP in baseball.