Zach Ertz

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
With all the QB discussion and effort, the Bears will still need fill a void at tight end assuming Graham is gone. I know most expect Kmet take a major step forward but Ertz is really good too and having two really good tight ends gives the team a unique dimension. The Eagles are going to release him soon or trade him.

The Bears need better pass catchers and he would fit the bill. But he won’t come cheap.

Is this a player you’d want the Bears to pursue or do you think Kmet is ready to handle a full workload? He’d also be a great mentor for Kmet.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d like them to look at Gerald Everett or Njoku to fill the move TE spot.

Everett especially. He’s super athletic with decent hands and has been stuck behind Higbee in offense that doesn’t feature tight ends with a QB whose team sent a first away to get rid of.

Sportrac estimates his FA contract will be in the 3/22 range.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Ertz was really good, I wouldn't say he is anymore. He was pretty terrible this year (granted, everyone on that offense was), but he had career lows in catch %, ypc, and was hurt most of the year. In fact, his injuries are now probably going to be an issue as he's only played one 16 game season (1 sat week 17 after they clinched) and will be 31 this season.

I'd probably re-negotiate Jimmy Graham before I go after Ertz. And am perfectly fine with not running 2 TE sets and getting more WRs or RBs on the field, especially with Cohen coming back and hopefully a draft pick at WR.

Worth noting, his wife, Julie, is a teammate of Kealea Watt (JJ's wife).

Montucky

Liked Posts:
With how Graham well played despite him not even trying in about a third of the games I am very enthusiastic about pursuing another tight end to pair with Kmet.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why trade for Ertz when you already have Graham?

this makes zero sense