Zach LaVine injury update

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Great news but just make sure he’s completely healthy before he comes back. The knee needs to be 100%. Tbh, even before the injury I thought he looked a little off to me. I wonder if he’s been playing through something

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lawd-lard.gif

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No Lonzo tonight either…knee soreness

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Still not very confident about Zach’s knee

Continues to develop swelling and discomfort periodically. People are celebrating the good news that he’s fine but he still had his knee drained again….only dif seems to be some type of lubricant for the knee and a potential rest plan

Not reassuring. Why does it keep happening? Will it continue to happen? Can it get worse? BD said the expectation isn’t for Zach to play 30 mins in the ASG. Why even play at all at this point?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Still not very confident about Zach’s knee

Continues to develop swelling and discomfort periodically. People are celebrating the good news that he’s fine but he still had his knee drained again….only dif seems to be some type of lubricant for the knee and a potential rest plan

Not reassuring. Why does it keep happening? Will it continue to happen? Can it get worse? BD said the expectation isn’t for Zach to play 30 mins in the ASG. Why even play at all at this point?
I could see some sort of off-season procedure, but it is what it is for the rest of this season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I could see some sort of off-season procedure, but it is what it is for the rest of this season.
Probably one of those things where it "can't get worse" by playing, but unless he's shut down for the entire rest of the year won't get better either.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Maybe we should keep him on a minutes restrictions, no back-to-backs for a while. I mean we don't really NEED him until the playoffs...

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Off season procedure is def a possibility. I’ll say this…if this bulls team is healthy…meaning Williams, ball and Caruso are back and Zach is 90ish% I think they have a good shot to make the finals. Hell, even if Williams isn’t back I think they do.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Off season procedure is def a possibility. I’ll say this…if this bulls team is healthy…meaning Williams, ball and Caruso are back and Zach is 90ish% I think they have a good shot to make the finals. Hell, even if Williams isn’t back I think they do.
They need someone else to beat Philly, because embiid dominates the game every time we play them

Enasic

Liked Posts:
They need someone else to beat Philly, because embiid dominates the game every time we play them
Bulls could beat Philly. It’d be tough and they’d need to be healthy and playing up to par, but they could beat them.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm glad he's ok but I saw he had fluid drained so to me this is going to be more ongoing maintenance than just keeping an eye on it. Keep him rested

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Wonder what type of procedure he’ll need in the off season

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I recall him attacking the rim yesterday on what looked like a typical LaVine explosive drive and he was grimacing a bit running back.