Zach LaVine likely out for Game 5 against Milwaukee Bucks

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes, because they can offer a 5th year where everyone else can only offer 4. I might be in the minority here but I'd like to see the Bulls explore a sign and trade. I don't think he's the worth the money and it's a weak FA class so he will be in demand.
The only way the bulls explore a sign and trade is if Zach asks for it. The bulls would like him back. I’m trying to think of a sign and trade scenario that makes the bulls better and I can’t think of any.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The only way the bulls explore a sign and trade is if Zach asks for it. The bulls would like him back. I’m trying to think of a sign and trade scenario that makes the bulls better and I can’t think of any.
Sign and trades seldom make the team better. You’re usually getting first round picks that likely never be in the top ten let alone top 15. And the talent you get back usually is filler to match salaries.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Sign and trades seldom make the team better. You’re usually getting first round picks that likely never be in the top ten let alone top 15. And the talent you get back usually is filler to match salaries.
AKME has their work cut out for them that’s for sure.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Getting rid of Zach would make the last offseason acquisitions of ball derozan and Caruso, along with the trade deadline acquisition of Vuc pointless

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t even get to watch Zach one last time this season…this season has done such a 180 and just keeps kicking em while they are down

I think they experienced some success, found themselves, realized Ball is actually important to LaVine/DeRozan getting easier shots.

I really think all that stuff I said at the beginning of the year about playing without front court depth, playing small, little guys working extra hard in hard areas…

Like…didn’t we wear down and get injuries like I said we would?

Clearly this rosters fatal construction flaw is injuries though. Ball/Lavine/Williams/Caruso may all be injury prone individuals.

Get a proper damn front court and make some things easier on your guards!!

Don’t work so fucking hard next fall!!

Sheesh.

We learned how to play together, learned our weaknesses, built roster depth value for trade.

Good year. Draft bigs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting rid of Zach would make the last offseason acquisitions of ball derozan and Caruso, along with the trade deadline acquisition of Vuc pointless
I agree…no LaVine is 3 steps back.

But my gut says Bust is right.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I agree but if he wants to go you really don’t have a choice.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree but if he wants to go you really don’t have a choice.
For sure, that’s a big if though. Nobody knows how he feels about the situation. Reality is he will go to wherever offers him the most $$, I imagine

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
For sure, that’s a big if though. Nobody knows how he feels about the situation. Reality is he will go to wherever offers him the most $$, I imagine
Has to be a max contract right?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Has to be a max contract right?
I’ve got to imagine it ends up being one. And I’ve got to imagine he ends up staying a bull, since they can pay him the most. Just can’t see letting him walk, and can’t see a sign and trade option that makes sense either. Maybe AKME can pull a rabbit out of a hat

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What I don’t get it…is if it’s a matter of money, why explore other options? Bulls could offer him the most and almost assuredly have/would….but he’s still exploring other options. While I don’t blame him, that can’t be a good sign. He’s exploring his options for a reason, and while I don’t know the market or viable teams, I don’t think it would be a tough sell for him to bounce for a better situation.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve got to imagine it ends up being one. And I’ve got to imagine he ends up staying a bull, since they can pay him the most. Just can’t see letting him walk, and can’t see a sign and trade option that makes sense either. Maybe AKME can pull a rabbit out of a hat
The part of Zachs comment that concerned me was “a big decision for my family to make.”

A guy on his own might decide to choose his best basketball opportunity or legacy or the max money…which could all be us high in the mix.

However, “family” always chooses Miami or Los Angeles or Dallas.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What I don’t get it…is if it’s a matter of money, why explore other options? Bulls could offer him the most and almost assuredly have/would….but he’s still exploring other options. While I don’t blame him, that can’t be a good sign. He’s exploring his options for a reason, and while I don’t know the market or viable teams, I don’t think it would be a tough sell for him to bounce for a better situation.
I’d be curious what team offers him a better situation and can offer him anywhere close to a max contract?

while $$ might not be the #1 factor…it’s probably at least #1A

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’d be curious what team offers him a better situation and can offer him anywhere close to a max contract?

I'd argue Zach has a desire to explore what unrestricted free agency is, and in the end will sign with the Bulls, assuming they offer him the max.

A lot of what Zach said after the Bulls season officially ended sounded like "agent speak".

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The part of Zachs comment that concerned me was “a big decision for my family to make.”

A guy on his own might decide to choose his best basketball opportunity or legacy or the max money…which could all be us high in the mix.

However, “family” always chooses Miami or Los Angeles or Dallas.
You might be right

Enasic

Liked Posts:

I’m not sure who has cap space…but I don’t think it would be difficult to sell a better situation than the bulls. They really don’t have any way outside of a trade to improve the team. They could make some minor tweaks, but those aren’t going to lead to a championship. Zach wants to win and be on a contender, and the Bulls showed over the last 3 months and the playoffs especially, they don’t have a winning and competitive makeup.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure who has cap space…but I don’t think it would be difficult to sell a better situation than the bulls. They really don’t have any way outside of a trade to improve the team. They could make some minor tweaks, but those aren’t going to lead to a championship. Zach wants to win and be on a contender, and the Bulls showed over the last 3 months and the playoffs especially, they don’t have a winning and competitive makeup.
With the increase use of sign-and-trades, teams may not necessarily have to have cap space to sign Zach. Only 5 teams have cap space in the positives, and none have more than 28 million. Zach's contract will be more than that per year. So a sign-and-trade has to happen regardless, unless Zach settles for less money.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
With the increase use of sign-and-trades, teams may not necessarily have to have cap space to sign Zach. Only 5 teams have cap space in the positives, and none have more than 28 million. Zach's contract will be more than that per year. So a sign-and-trade has to happen regardless, unless Zach settles for less money.
Good info. We do know AK is quite adept at sign and trades. Don’t think they wanna go that route though

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good info. We do know AK is quite adept at sign and trades. Don’t think they wanna go that route though
Unless Zach has zero interest in being here anymore, then as long as the Bulls offer a max, I imagine Zach signs it and stays.

If Zach is intent on leaving, the Bulls will likely get something for him.