Zach Miller Signing One Year Deal With Bears

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I am reading right, this would be a $915,000 gift?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope he can walk again soon!
Is this a joke that I missed the origin of? Otherwise you may be interested in this

[video=youtube_share;bcZBlmjaTrY]https://youtu.be/bcZBlmjaTrY[/video]

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Whether Zach Miller ever plays again, or not, he’ll be a member of the Bears in 2018.

The tight end, who suffered a likely career-ending left leg injury in October, will receive a one-year contract from the team, per Pro Football Talk. The “split” deal reported by the site will pay him whether he’s healthy or not, allowing Miller to be with his teammates and use the Bears’ training facilities.

Whether he plays again is an another question. He stopped needing his crutches only in late March. But the Bears have made a classy statement about their loyalty to Miller, who was one of the team’s most beloved teammates even before his horrifying injury.

-Chicago SunTimes

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't all those bills be on the Bears?

Yes.

CBA states "If a player is a candidate for surgery, he has the right to select a surgeon of his choice to perform the surgery. However, unless the surgery is an emergency, the player must first consult the club physician and give due consideration to any recommendation made by the club physician. All medical bills are to be paid by the club."

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Classy move.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wouldn't all those bills be on the Bears?

Yes.

CBA states "If a player is a candidate for surgery, he has the right to select a surgeon of his choice to perform the surgery. However, unless the surgery is an emergency, the player must first consult the club physician and give due consideration to any recommendation made by the club physician. All medical bills are to be paid by the club."

All fair points overlooked by me. I'm sure he also probably qualifies for the pension, or whatever they have for retired players.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This is a good move by the Bears. Gives Miller access to the team medical staff and treatments. Hope he can walk again soon!

He might be better off without the Bears medical team

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shouldn't the bozo have had insurance?

Would you rather have access to team facilities and physicians while getting paid for it or would you rather pay out of your own pocket (even with insurance there are still fees ) and have to chose where you go, who you rehab with and not collect a paycheck at the same time?

Seems like a no brainer to me...

(God I miss the type of insurance you could get 18 years ago when you could get full coverage and all deductibles paid for... Now it's twice as much and half the effin coverage and it doesn't even kick in until you spend $2000 - $3000 out of your own pocket first. Yet another thing the Gov't has screwed up for the middle class)