The Workout/Diet Thread

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
Seems pretty hardcore to me, seeing as I would probably crash, slip into a coma, and then die.

Or perhaps you heal yourself in the process and escape the chains of that pharmaceutical prison. Im not a doctor, so dont take my advice. Read materials produced by Dr. Jason Fung, he works with diabetics and promotes fasting.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eat to live not live to eat. Treadmill will take off weight.
Wisdom to the first part, not so much the second part. Treadmill will take off less weight than the average treadmiller would tend to believe. Getting on that treadmill, in a fasted state, would definitely serve one better.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly right. America's fat epidemic started right after fat was demonized in the 70s and all the low fat, heavily processed foods flooded the market.

I geared my diet towards keto but it's basically sames as you mentioned w/meat, eggs, healthy fats and veggies (mostly spinach and broccoli for me.)

Yeah, I had once read that the sugar industry funded a study in the 60's to point the blame at fat as being the main cause for heart disease in Americans.

Not long after that, as you stated, fat became demonized. People were turning over their eggs and bacon for low-fat, but sugary breakfast alternatives. Obesity then started to sky-rocket in America.

Personally, I hardly have any sugar. I have my two servings of fruit per day, and that's it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or perhaps you heal yourself in the process and escape the chains of that pharmaceutical prison. Im not a doctor, so dont take my advice. Read materials produced by Dr. Jason Fung, he works with diabetics and promotes fasting.
Fung speaks of weight gain/loss being a hormonal thing, which I totally get, but I think the diabetics he deals with are more the type 2 diabetics. Type 1 is a different animal.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, if anyone with shoulder problems can tell me what you do to build muscle in the shoulder, it would be appreciated.

My left shoulder sucks and it's easily aggravated. I almost completely avoid exercises that isolate the shoulder muscles for that reason. Biceps and triceps coming along nicely, but my shoulder is lacking.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
People would go days, weeks, even months without food. 16-20 hours of fasting isnt hardocre. 24-36 Hours should be the minimum time to fast. Even at 24-36 hours, thats still not even that hardcore.

Id link reddit but im not sure if thats allowed. many people there do long fasts, hardcore fasts.
16-20 hours is long enough to let autoph.agy occur. This is the biggest benefit one can get from it outside of weight-loss. Long term fasting is also a thing. Read about clinics that have been set up to monitor people who want to go through week long or even month long fasts but I fail to see any extra benefit, other than weight loss, that could come from it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Also, if anyone with shoulder problems can tell me what you do to build muscle in the shoulder, it would be appreciated.

My left shoulder sucks and it's easily aggravated. I almost completely avoid exercises that isolate the shoulder muscles for that reason. Biceps and triceps coming along nicely, but my shoulder is lacking.

You have to recognize with shoulders main moves like military press and shrugs you can go heavy and other stuff like lateral raises you go light. Look up exercises that will train your rotator cuff. It’s hard to show anything on a mb you just have to search things out

Another thing you can do instead of having a shoulder day break your workouts in splits

Day1- a couple chest workouts a few shoulder workouts a few triceps
Day2- complete leg workout
Day3-4 back workouts and 2 bicep workouts
Day4- a couple chest workouts a couple shoulder workouts a couple tricep workouts(different then day one)
Day5- similar to day 3 just change it up

But one of the best things to do that people don’t see a massage therapist every 2-3 weeks

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fung speaks of weight gain/loss being a hormonal thing, which I totally get, but I think the diabetics he deals with are more the type 2 diabetics. Type 1 is a different animal.
Beat me to the punch.

Sorry you have to live with that Ares. Have a few friends and family members that are also type 1. It's a real feat to manage that day in and out.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes it's best to do nothing for injuries. Had a bad shoulder for about a year. Tried to work it out myself, just got worse. Went to a chiropractor, felt better for a day or so. Kept going til it didn't even feel better for a day or 2. Gave in and went to doctor after it continued for so long. They said it was this or that, sent me to physical therapy, got about 20 times worse and I gave up on them and did nothing. Nothing worked much better. It stopped hurting after a couple months of nothing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

^^^ Guy who doesn't know the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wisdom to the first part, not so much the second part. Treadmill will take off less weight than the average treadmiller would tend to believe. Getting on that treadmill, in a fasted state, would definitely serve one better.

I've noticed that fasted cardio is the best way to shed fat. By cardio, I mean sprints...not jogging

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've noticed that fasted cardio is the best way to shed fat. By cardio, I mean sprints...not jogging
HIIT brother. But the biggest factor is generally always gonna be CICO, and paying attention to macro balance. Hard to outrun your fork.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I don't think you understand type 1 diabetes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
^^^ Guy who doesn't know the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

^^^ Guy who doesnt know I dont care about diabeetus. All i said is confer with a DR. who works with diabetics. He may even take you on as a patient for all i know.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
16-20 hours is long enough to let autoph.agy occur. This is the biggest benefit one can get from it outside of weight-loss. Long term fasting is also a thing. Read about clinics that have been set up to monitor people who want to go through week long or even month long fasts but I fail to see any extra benefit, other than weight loss, that could come from it.

16-20 Hours is debatable. 24–48 Seems to be a more accepted number for stronger affects of autograph. I've done plenty of long fasts. One benefit is possibly shitting oneself. My first long fast ended with a very light meal and an explosion of shit I had mistaken for gas.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you fast while doing Keto? With my line of work and weird hours, fasting is easy but what's recommended?

Can anyone reccomend some literature on the benefits of fasting and/or Keto?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
^^^ Guy who doesnt know I dont care about diabeetus. All i said is confer with a DR. who works with diabetics. He may even take you on as a patient for all i know.

Lol you said he could heal type 1 diabetes....

You sound like a fucking idiot.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
16-20 Hours is debatable. 24–48 Seems to be a more accepted number for stronger affects of autograph. I've done plenty of long fasts. One benefit is possibly shitting oneself. My first long fast ended with a very light meal and an explosion of shit I had mistaken for gas.

I’ve done some 24-36 hour fasts just for the purpose of autoph.agy but most people who do IF also follow keto which will get them to that stage where autoph.agy occurs faster than someone who just eats a standard American diet. This is cause keto mimics fasting and a person following the keto diet is already running on ketones.