Your Expectations for Trubisky this season....

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Meh idc if Eli makes the HOF but if he does it will open the door for more above average players to make it imo. I mean what is he going in for? Longevity? Shattering Giants records? Like you mentioned his superbowl wins over the pats?
If he makes it, it will be because of those 2 SB wins and his last name. And that will be sad...

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Better start being a Franchise QB. He was drafted for that reason and its about time to show it. I was not a fan of drafting him but I have dealt with it but mine and others patience is getting thin. If he is not the guy this year we need to look elsewhere before he gets paid for what he is not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was addressing the "game manager" contention. My point was..."Brady & Wilson were always Qb's who performed at a high-level when called upon."
IMO, regardless what the "D" did, Brady & Wilson were going to do there jobs when called i.e. doing whatever it took to win a game. Hence they were not "game managers"

Some "D", tend to hid weak, "game manager" Qb's, i.e. a Trent Dilfer (Ravens 2000) or a Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay 2003 )
---------

- Wilson is the first QB in NFL history with a passer rating of over 95.0 in each of his first three seasons

This guy was hardly a "game manager" .

The article below shows many more of Wilson's accomplishments as a elite Qb from the beginning.
Are Russell Wilson's first three years the best in NFL history?
------
I'm still pissed we didn't draft him ( allegedly bcuz of 'height')

Think you and I have a different definition of game manager. Relying on the D to keep it close and then winning it at the end if necessary still falls into game manager category as that is what the team is doing ie managing the game. Wilson was great his first 3 years but he was still largely a game manager. Didn't make a ton of mistakes but would also have games where he barely threw for over 200 yards. He was just really good and efficient. It is only within a past few years that you see him putting up top 10 QB numbers.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL, Eli has had just as many good season as he has bad seasons but he will always be remembered for taking down the Patriots twice in SB but most notably when they screwed them out of their perfect season. It pisses people off to hear this but he will be in the HoF. And I will laugh when those people have a titty attack about it.

Having just as many good seasons as bad is pretty much the definition of average is it not? I really don't care if he makes the HoF or not. Fact is he was an average QB. A true franchise QB IMHO would be more consistently great not as up and down as he and Flacco have been.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, Eli isn't one of the best quarterbacks of all time if that is what you're fishing for. Except if you want to bring team conversation into his stat sheet then it should be said the Giants aren't exactly a model franchise in talent acquisition and retention.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure, Eli isn't one of the best quarterbacks of all time if that is what you're fishing for. Except if you want to bring team conversation into his stat sheet then it should be said the Giants aren't exactly a model franchise in talent acquisition and retention.

Not fishing for anything. Question was asked if he was a franchise QB and gave my reasons for saying no.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better start being a Franchise QB. He was drafted for that reason and its about time to show it. I was not a fan of drafting him but I have dealt with it but mine and others patience is getting thin. If he is not the guy this year we need to look elsewhere before he gets paid for what he is not.

I agree but, at least for me, my patience is not thin. I did not expect anything his rookie year, not with that HC. His second year, and his first in the system, I tempered my expectations. It was not a great year for MT but it did appear that he is picking things up. I agree we should expect him to be that franchise player now.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Think you and I have a different definition of game manager. Relying on the D to keep it close and then winning it at the end if necessary still falls into game manager category as that is what the team is doing ie managing the game. Wilson was great his first 3 years but he was still largely a game manager. Didn't make a ton of mistakes but would also have games where he barely threw for over 200 yards. He was just really good and efficient. It is only within a past few years that you see him putting up top 10 QB numbers.

Think you and I have a different definition of game manager.

We definitely do.

I've listed to type of Qb's I consider game manager. Brady and Wilson never fell into those categories. Go back and take a look at some of the Qb's I listed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We definitely do.

I've listed to type of Qb's I consider game manager. Brady and Wilson never fell into those categories. Go back and take a look at some of the Qb's I listed.

I saw who you listed. They are just on the low end of the scale but doesnt mean Wilson and Brady were not game managers initially. The determination is based on how the teams played IMO which was play great D and limit mistakes. Wilson and Brady just executed better than guys like Dilfer.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Well not on the QB side anyways but what makes you think he is hall of fame bound?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I saw who you listed. They are just on the long end of the scale but doesnt mean Wilson and Brady were not. The determination is based on how the teams played IMO which was play great D and limit mistakes. Wilson and Brady just executed better than guyd like Dilfer.

I dont think that is a fair definition of game manager.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well not on the QB side anyways but what makes you think he is hall of fame bound?

Market, accomplishment and family name. He pretty much just did enough to get it. Do I personally really think he should be in? Probably not. But it doesn't bother me when he does.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I just need him to stop having those 4 or 5 "WTF" throws he seems to have every game where he misses open wrs. I have a low bar for him.
Lol, All quarterbacks have them in every game some more than others, some less.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, All quarterbacks have them in every game some more than others, some less.
I agree....and I think it's unfair to say he's not allowed to make mistakes. I can take the mistakes every once in awhile. I just think there were too many times when a wr would be wide open and Trubs would recognize this, which is good, but then would throw an uncatchable pass towards that receiver. This is with him having no pressure in his face. You do it once or twice, ok...but it seems like he did this in almost every game. Even the Tampa Bay game had some WTF throws

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I saw who you listed. They are just on the low end of the scale but doesnt mean Wilson and Brady were not game managers initially. The determination is based on how the teams played IMO which was play great D and limit mistakes. Wilson and Brady just executed better than guys like Dilfer.

The determination is based on how the teams played IMO which was play great D and limit mistakes Wilson and Brady just executed better than guys like Dilfer.

No team wants a Qb making mistakes that hurt winning. I don't see Dilfer and the others being anywhere close to Wilson and Brady ( regardless of "execution" ).

Ya' don't want your game manager-types to ever be in a situation where the game is on their shoulders.

IMO.....Wilson and Brady where never Qb's to fear having the game on their shoulders.
-------------------

Since this is a "Your Expectations for Trubisky this season" thread
I don't want us to keep going away from the topic.

The 'early-career'.... game manager-Wilson and Brady question would be a great topic for another thread, as I would like to get other opinions.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree....and I think it's unfair to say he's not allowed to make mistakes. I can take the mistakes every once in awhile. I just think there were too many times when a wr would be wide open and Trubs would recognize this, which is good, but then would throw an uncatchable pass towards that receiver. This is with him having no pressure in his face. You do it once or twice, ok...but it seems like he did this in almost every game. Even the Tampa Bay game had some WTF throws

I just think there were too many times when a wr would be wide open and Trubs would recognize this, which is good, but then would throw an uncatchable pass towards that receiver. This is with him having no pressure in his face.

EXACTLY!!!

That's what frustrated me about him. When he was drafted with only one year of starting experience, vs. us going after a Watson or a Mahomes.......I kept hearing
'Trubs is sooo ACCURATE'.

Then I see what you've stated happening over & over again. I'm like.. NO this guy not ACCURATE

Visionman

Liked Posts:
EXACTLY!!!

That's what frustrated me about him. When he was drafted with only one year of starting experience, vs. us going after a Watson or a Mahomes.......I kept hearing
'Trubs is sooo ACCURATE'.

Then I see what you've stated happening over & over again. I'm like.. NO this guy not ACCURATE
When he has time, he is accurate. Most of his accuracy issues were due to thinking too much and not having mastered the offense yet last season. Even if a WR is open deep, when your mind is going 100 mph, you're not going to throw accurately all the time.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
4000 yds
33 TDS
15 INTs
65% completions
400 rushing yds
5 rushing TDs

I expect Mitch to take a sizeabke step and assert himself a true franchise QB in the league.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I expect Trubisky to regress. Possibly tank.