Recent content by Sculpt

1. Sculpt

Poles strategy not what I expected

I wouldn't say "pretty good". I'd say best case scenario, as of today, would be average. Jenkins is the only above avg OL. And we know he gets injured every year. Wright is a work in progress, going into his 2nd year, but he's no standout yet. Jones is avg and we expect a low ceiling...
  2. Sculpt

Well, drafting mid/late and bringing in journeymen CAN work, but it's risky. We've certainly saw some wheels falling off... like Patrick, Freeny, Whitehair if you want to count more injuries that seem more likely. Even safter signings like Davis can crumble. But, you're right, it's been more...
  3. Sculpt

Yeah, Poles and Ast GM were OL, but I guess he didn't come away thinking OL/DL were the key to success. Maybe cause he's a former OL, he thinks he can find great values? Braxton Jones in the 5th, Carter, Kramer in 6th. Next to a balanced team, I think OC, DC, QB, OL and DL are greater...
  4. Sculpt

Poll: Should Bagent demand a trade?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Bagent completely outshined CW in training camp and won the locker room? NFL story of the decade.
  5. Sculpt

Poll: Should Bagent demand a trade?

Bagent can teach CW how to dress and take him to the shooting range. It'll do wonders for his image.
  6. Sculpt

Velus Jones future

True. Velus is an elusive runner, 4.3 40-time and decent strength for a WR. Let Waldron decide if he make use out of him. With Odunze size and after-catch ability, I wouldn't be surprised if they peg him for some outside runs/reverses. Velus should be showing up more as a gunner in return...
  7. Sculpt

Velus Jones future

Herbert can do KRs. His avg is just a 3 yds less than Velus. But Velus is way more dynamic and a threat to make big gains/TD.
  8. Sculpt

Velus Jones future

I don't blame ya. Would be nice if Taylor Scott taught himself how to do PRs. He won't be starting WR. For the time being Velus is on his rookie contract and he's one of the best KR in the league, and he's done well with rushing the ball. That'll probably be enough unless a replacements...
  9. Sculpt

Velus Jones future

Velus as a regular RB would be interesting experiment. Can he block? = )
  10. Sculpt

Velus Jones future

Yes, good call, they'll pencil in 6 cause Pettis is the solid PR. They obviously signed him for it. No matter how well Velus does PR in camp, I can't imagine they'll cut Pettis, unless they think they can grab him off the street. Personally, I think it's worth it to put Velus on PR. If he's...
  11. Sculpt

Velus Jones future

lol I doubt it. Draft isn't over, but I doubt Poles will select a 2nd WR. Poles might grab a WR/Retuner off another team after cuts. He's the Kick Returner. Of KRs with at least 8 returns, Velus was 4th in Return Avg. He's also done well with "WR Rushing" plays, has 9.1 avg with 17 atts...
  12. Sculpt

Official- In Draft Thread

Sucks to see Vikings get Turner. We just have to watch the damage GB and Det do coming up. I don't expect Poles to trade up into the 1st, but I wish they would, get a guy like Chop Robinson.
  13. Sculpt

Official- In Draft Thread

Turner or Ozone?????
  14. Sculpt

Da #9 or "2nd Draft Pick" CSS POLL

I guess it's good teams below will think the Bears want a ton of players available at 9 cause then more teams will want to jump to #9 to get their guy. And they're also more likely to think Bears will be loose enough to trade down.
  15. Sculpt

Da #9 or "2nd Draft Pick" CSS POLL

Taking Graham Barton, G/C would be a kick in the nuggs.