2/12 - Ducks (8-2-1) @ (10-0-2) Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
But you're ignoring the trend...which is downward....and, if it keeps up, we'll be back where we've been the past two years. I certainly saw what everyone else saw last night -- Anaheim clogging it up. But great teams find ways to score against that kind of PK, and, if we are to believe that we are a great team this season, we'll need to break that PK strategy. Otherwise, we'll be losing points the rest of this season on failed PPs. Come the playoffs, you need a solid, good PP, and right now we don't have one....

I will take this years PP units over the last two years. Atleast we are scoing a PP goal in almost every game. Im sure you were not complaining the last game we played in AZ.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
They had 1pp goal yesterday..

They were 0-2 vs Nash...one of those PP's was 1min long

Had 2 vs Phx

Was 0-4 vs SJ - pp2 - lasted 1min, pp3 - lasted 1min, pp4 - lasted 11seconds

So in 2 of the last 4gms (SJ and NASH) they didn't have a pp goal. And in the 6 of those PP's...4 of them lasted a total of 3:11 seconds.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
I will take this years PP units over the last two years. Atleast we are scoing a PP goal in almost every game. Im sure you were not complaining the last game we played in AZ.

No, and I wasn't saying we're as bad as the past couple years. I said, if we continue to slide, we will be eventually. Read my post closely before you comment....

I don't know what games you guys are watching, but, from my seat, it's painfully obvious that our PP unit needs marked improvement...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
So...in your seat -

Score a goal on the PP = Success

Don't score on a PP = Failure

R K

But you're ignoring the trend...which is downward....and, if it keeps up, we'll be back where we've been the past two years. I certainly saw what everyone else saw last night -- Anaheim clogging it up. But great teams find ways to score against that kind of PK, and, if we are to believe that we are a great team this season, we'll need to break that PK strategy. Otherwise, we'll be losing points the rest of this season on failed PPs. Come the playoffs, you need a solid, good PP, and right now we don't have one....

They scored on the 2nd attempt. Thats all I said.

R K

They had 1pp goal yesterday..

They were 0-2 vs Nash...one of those PP's was 1min long

Had 2 vs Phx

Was 0-4 vs SJ - pp2 - lasted 1min, pp3 - lasted 1min, pp4 - lasted 11seconds

So in 2 of the last 4gms (SJ and NASH) they didn't have a pp goal. And in the 6 of those PP's...4 of them lasted a total of 3:11 seconds.

They scored two in the previous game in Phoenix and were CLEARLY not trying to run up the score on the last three they had when it was already 6-1. So that was 3-4 PP's they were basically just moving the puck around.

No, it deosn't skew the stats at all.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
10-0-3

and BB read my post clearly before you reply. See how that works.

I did....and you all are still clearly still ignoring the trend. That's all I SAID....

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
only caught the first period last night. so all i really saw was craw make an unbelievable save. other than that only could go by app updates. ducks scored late in the 3rd? shit happens. 10-0-3 stands as a damn impressive record. put it into persepective. a point in every game so far. thats craaaaazy. first reg loss is going to feel funny..but its coming at some point. i still have nothing to complain about and its a strange feeling.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Listen....I don't think anyone will argue (including me) that this team is awesome so far this season. Crow has been playing out of his skull; Saad, Kruger, Hammer, Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith, Oduya (just to name a few) are all playing very well. I am very pleased at how this is going so far. All I've tried to do is not ignore what COULD become a problem down the line if they don't shore it up. The PP is obviously struggling more often than not....

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Not only that, but most of the points came on the road. Thats the most important thing so far.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Listen....I don't think anyone will argue (including me) that this team is awesome so far this season. Crow has been playing out of his skull; Saad, Kruger, Hammer, Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith, Oduya (just to name a few) are all playing very well. I am very pleased at how this is going so far. All I've tried to do is not ignore what COULD become a problem down the line if they don't shore it up. The PP is obviously struggling more often than not....

pk is more important. as long as one of the two special teams is functioning im happy. 5 on 5 this team can go against any other. as long as tgis team can keep the oppositions pp off the scoreboard im thrilled. pk is a huge reason the record is what it is.

R K

PK is what I care about and at 10-0-3 I'm not going to struggle to find something to bitch about.

23 out of 26 pts with 10 games on the road and 3 games at home, I don't care.

The PP will take care of itself when the playoffs come and right now they are getting PP goals. Like the 2nd PP they had last night.

If they had called the game any half assed the Hawks would have had 4-5 more PP's during the actual game instead of the OT where they were so gassed Q called a time out to give teh #1 unit a breather.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
No, and I wasn't saying we're as bad as the past couple years. I said, if we continue to slide, we will be eventually. Read my post closely before you comment....

I don't know what games you guys are watching, but, from my seat, it's painfully obvious that our PP unit needs marked improvement...

Im watching from my seat at home and can clearly see the ice the same way you do. I also do think they need to improve it a bit, but to think they will slide or start losing points is crazy...we have the #1 penality kill, and that has improved a ton over the last few seasons. Look its a work in progress, My comment to you was I will take this PP unit over the last two years....and I did not read anything in your post that should make me think that, thats not what you meant. our power play has contributed to us having a 10-0-3. This year I have faith over our coaches and team that it will get alot better come playoffs as not so much the past two seasons, when nothing seemed believable, no matter what our coaches or players said.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So here is the question, now that it seems like everyone is back up to speed and the morning period is over for the lockout... will the hawks get more points on this home stand than they did on the road trip....

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Meaning 11 out of 14 at home... where they took 10 out of 12 on the road... that will be tough they will need 10 of the next 12. again.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
wasnt the hawks pp in 2010 garbage also before it exploded in the playoffs? i remember it not brilliant.

again like rk and myself and others believe a functioning pk is more important when your team can skate even strength with any other team. would a top 10 pp be great? of course it would but its no emergency right now.

speaking of the pk im finding kruger to be brilliant on it. i may have trash talked him in the past but you have to love his pk play. hes become an important piece to the team. and craw making important pk saves has been really someting else. many of his saves on the pk have been brilliant. you can see the confidence in him and the confidence the team infront has with him.

keep in mind also that a few guys on the pk are also playing the pp and logging huge minutes because of that. obviously one of the two special teams is going to suffer. in this case its the pp. and like acco has said its already better than last years so it is making some strides.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
How do folks feel about leaving the 4 forwards out there the whole time in OT... I'm a big fan of go with the horses that brought you, but I also feel with so much energy on the different lines that it might have been good to mix it up a bit and show some different looks. Obviously you had the most skilled players out there, but they had already logged some good minutes.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I was fine with it...with the way they were playing on the PK - they weren't going to press/force issues