2/12 - Ducks (8-2-1) @ (10-0-2) Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

Variable

Liked Posts:
wasnt the hawks pp in 2010 garbage also before it exploded in the playoffs? i remember it not brilliant.

again like rk and myself and others believe a functioning pk is more important when your team can skate even strength with any other team. would a top 10 pp be great? of course it would but its no emergency right now.

speaking of the pk im finding kruger to be brilliant on it. i may have trash talked him in the past but you have to love his pk play. hes become an important piece to the team. and craw making important pk saves has been really someting else. many of his saves on the pk have been brilliant. you can see the confidence in him and the confidence the team infront has with him.

keep in mind also that a few guys on the pk are also playing the pp and logging huge minutes because of that. obviously one of the two special teams is going to suffer. in this case its the pp. and like acco has said its already better than last years so it is making some strides.

It wasn't brilliant but it wasn't garbage either. They were right in the middle of the pack. Which is right where they are now. Probably end up a little higher so long as they keep that pace, I don't see Pittsburgh staying at near 30 percent, even with a completely healthy Crosby, or St. Louis at damn near 35 percent. It doesn't really matter to me how bad it looks in their failed power plays as long as they keep that average to above average percentage. That along with their much, much improved PK and goal tending. Crawford has been more than what they need him to be. Just can't have both special teams in the bottom 5 like they were last year and just assume the power play or PK will magically "come along" in the playoffs. Because people said that same thing last year and fuck, a power play goal or two would've been pretty damn useful in one of the closest playoff series in recent history against Phoenix. But, again, that was last year.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
TEH SKY IS FALLING

Hawks: 23/26 pts -- .885 W% -- 84.96 pace

Ducks: 19/24 pts -- .792 W% -- 76.03 pace

Canucks: 18/24 pts -- .750 W% -- 72.00 pace

Sharks: 17/26 pts -- .654 W% -- 62.78 pace

Predators: 16/29 pts -- .615 W% -- 59.04 pace

Wings: 15/24 -- .625 W% -- 60.00 pace

Stars: 15/26 pts -- .577 W% -- 55.39 pace

Yotes: 14/26 pts -- .538 W% -- 51.65 pace

At this current pace... Hawks only need 29 more points to make the playoffs lol.

35 games left. 13-19-3 and they're in based on the current pace. LOL.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
It wasn't brilliant but it wasn't garbage either. They were right in the middle of the pack. Which is right where they are now. Probably end up a little higher so long as they keep that pace, I don't see Pittsburgh staying at near 30 percent, even with a completely healthy Crosby, or St. Louis at damn near 35 percent. It doesn't really matter to me how bad it looks in their failed power plays as long as they keep that average to above average percentage. That along with their much, much improved PK and goal tending. Crawford has been more than what they need him to be. Just can't have both special teams in the bottom 5 like they were last year and just assume the power play or PK will magically "come along" in the playoffs. Because people said that same thing last year and fuck, a power play goal or two would've been pretty damn useful in one of the closest playoff series in recent history against Phoenix. But, again, that was last year.

Fair enough. I wasn't really saying that special teams always correct themselves in the playoffs but there are points and cases that prove that it can happen and has. I don't know the reasonings for it..just seems to happen sometimes for some teams. Some teams who go into the playoffs with great special teams also lose them durring the playoffs for some reason. It's a strange phenom sometimes. Like I said I have no idea why it happens sometimes. Im sure there are countless theories.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's be honest, I will shit my pants and everyone else's pants here if we *actually* manage to go the whole season without a regulation loss.

Leave my pants out of this.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
What happened with starting the game threads a day before the game?....come on Stu get with the program.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I would shit my pants and eat the shit in my pants until I shit my pants again. Over and over again. Proudly mind you.