2018-19 Bulls tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I've heard good things about Rui Hachimura, but admittedly have watched zero games this season outside of a few tourney games. He wouldn't be a good pick if we got the 4th or 5th pick?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I've heard good things about Rui Hachimura, but admittedly have watched zero games this season outside of a few tourney games. He wouldn't be a good pick if we got the 4th or 5th pick?

He's probably going to be a late lottery to early teens guy.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
No Lauri, Lavine, Dunn or Porter against the Blazers. Should get ugly real quick.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
He's probably going to be a late lottery to early teens guy.

Damn, really? I've seen him top 5 in most recent mock drafts. What's the book on Cam Reddish? I feel like he's been very overshadowed by RJ and Zion, but I've seen him as a top 5 pick in mock drafts too

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
are the G league players any better than this team that will finish the season?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Two big games coming up against the Knicks. Those should just be awful displays of basketball.

Speed

Liked Posts:

Late lotto or picked somewhere in the teens. Some people think his teammate Brandon Clarke is the better NBA prospect. Hachimura plays a pure 4's game and doesn't stretch the floor from 3. In the 4 to 5 range for the Bulls Jarrett Culver, Coby White, Darius Garland are more likely to be picked.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
So the Bulls have the 4th worst record, but have the best chance at the 5th pick. Isn't that some shit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So the Bulls have the 4th worst record, but have the best chance at the 5th pick. Isn't that some shit.
It's actually exactly the kind of scenario I would expect from the Bulls

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So the Bulls are locked into No. 4.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well,

We also have a 37% chance at a top 3 pick and 3 teams have 42% chances to crack top 3.

I’ll take it.

The year we won rose we had no chance. Shaq went to no chance.

Tanking isn’t a one year deal, you gotta be there 2, 3, 5, 7 years to eventually win the lottery and have it be a great one(Embiid, Fultz for examples)

This year just exemplifies “lottery” and there is one ping pong ball that will make waves across NBA and elevate one franchise out of lottery cycle.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, really? I've seen him top 5 in most recent mock drafts. What's the book on Cam Reddish? I feel like he's been very overshadowed by RJ and Zion, but I've seen him as a top 5 pick in mock drafts too

Deal is he shot like a freshman. Hard to project as sometimes guys adjust to speed/length/range issues in a couple years, and then you got a Beal or JR Smith type guy.

If his shot stays below 30% from deep, then you got nothing.

Guards have no floor, you might get nothing. Bigs you get other stuff to contribute unless you get the injured type.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ja Morant has a little PG Payne look to him.

I mean Young/Curry are showing current finesse nba has place for guys who guys who can shoot but are very slight light frame guys.

If I’m the bulls roster...

You have two can’t miss players. First the obvious, and then the perfect player to complete your current construction in Morant.

Morant/Dunn would be a nice pair of PGs and compliment each other.

Dunn/Valentine look like not long for Chicago.

I mean, I somewhat understand front office stability, ok...garpax certainly are not the worst and know how to accumulate roster value.

But the draft capital this franchise has misspent is unacceptable.

Between McDermont, Portis, Dunn, Deng, Mirotic, Hutchinson..lost assets...it disguises the absolute failure of the asset value they had...what could have been with great management like thunder/Celtics.

But then they keep there jobs because somehow despite catastrophic mistakes in a row, they are just a scoring PG away from competitive and young.

Otto porters leadership was unexpected.

Morant-Lavine-Porter-Carter-Lauri if healthy for 70+ each would make the playoffs and compete there, imo. At least after a year or two.

But Zion would give us a sick as fuck versatile front court and allow us to play Zion at some SF and wreck people on the boards.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My final thoughts on the draft...

Unless there is a euro PG off my radar,

I expect the bulls will pick top 5, and select one of

1. Zion
2. Ja
3. Jacoby White

Barring a draft day trade of Lavine or Porter.

And I think they like those guys.

What this means is the most likely Bull is Coby White, without some ping pong help.

Final answer.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
My final thoughts on the draft...

Unless there is a euro PG off my radar,

I expect the bulls will pick top 5, and select one of

1. Zion
2. Ja
3. Jacoby White

Barring a draft day trade of Lavine or Porter.

And I think they like those guys.

What this means is the most likely Bull is Coby White, without some ping pong help.

Final answer.

I don't think White goes Top 5. Bulls would have to fall to 7-9 to get him, IMO.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Ja Morant has a little PG Payne look to him.

I mean Young/Curry are showing current finesse nba has place for guys who guys who can shoot but are very slight light frame guys.

If I’m the bulls roster...

You have two can’t miss players. First the obvious, and then the perfect player to complete your current construction in Morant.

Morant/Dunn would be a nice pair of PGs and compliment each other.

Dunn/Valentine look like not long for Chicago.

I mean, I somewhat understand front office stability, ok...garpax certainly are not the worst and know how to accumulate roster value.

But the draft capital this franchise has misspent is unacceptable.

Between McDermont, Portis, Dunn, Deng, Mirotic, Hutchinson..lost assets...it disguises the absolute failure of the asset value they had...what could have been with great management like thunder/Celtics.

But then they keep there jobs because somehow despite catastrophic mistakes in a row, they are just a scoring PG away from competitive and young.

Otto porters leadership was unexpected.

Morant-Lavine-Porter-Carter-Lauri if healthy for 70+ each would make the playoffs and compete there, imo. At least after a year or two.

But Zion would give us a sick as fuck versatile front court and allow us to play Zion at some SF and wreck people on the boards.

Ja will fill out over time. He definitely needs to add at least 20 pounds of muscle so he doesn't get bullied. In the meantime, he can come in from day 1 and distribute the basketball which the Bulls are in desperate need of. I think his shot and some muscle will come over time.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone want to compare Morant and this Garland cat that played 5 games?

With Zion and 3 or 4 pgs worthy of top 10 the lottery won’t matter too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.