[A] Has the Identity of the Blackhawks Returned?

Ton

Liked Posts:
I don't know about not caring, but I don't think it's wrong to say the team was flat the last two years. Let's face it, they had very little "pop" since winning the Cup and so far this year they have it, this is the type of energy they haven't had in their game since 2010. It's not a blame game, whether injuries, chemistry, depth, line juggling, or whatever played into that -- who cares. The point is they didn't have it and the past two years it was chalked up as a team that had to "fight through adversity" and it was used as an excuse to justify the massive ups and downs they went through during the season.

I'm glad to see the direction this team is taking. If they can stay healthy they are legitimate Cup contenders. They aren't trying to find their game anymore, every role is defined, every player is working towards a common goal and that's not a knock on effort before I'm slammed for that. It shows on the ice, they've been prepared from the get-go in every single game so far this year.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
The whole idea about "not caring" is dumb to begin with. Only in the NHL.

HAHAHAHA, you seriously just say only in the NHL?

Ever hear of Jay Cutler, Alfonso Soriano, almost every player who has ever got a big contract.....holy hell you must only watch hockey.

Variable

Liked Posts:
HAHAHAHA, you seriously just say only in the NHL?

Ever hear of Jay Cutler, Alfonso Soriano, almost every player who has ever got a big contract.....holy hell you must only watch hockey.

That's not what I was talking about but on what you THOUGHT I was talking about......Jay Cutler? Dear oh fucking dear.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wait till they lose one and people go into full blown panic talking about how they are just like the Bears this year....

MassoHavochist

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
That's not what I was talking about but on what you THOUGHT I was talking about......Jay Cutler? Dear oh fucking dear.

I thought you were talking about the NHL being the only league where people arbitrarily throw out the old "they don't care," no?

Either way, Jay Cutler sucks...

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
The Hawks definitely do have the pop this year but are lacking big time at the face off circle and in grittiness. Hopefully Bowman realizes this and will do something at the trade deadline. The Hawks will not go far into the playoffs with only one center who can effectively win face offs. The Hawks are still too easily pushed off the puck and not nearly enough grittiness in their own end. I really like the Hawks 2nd line but Bolly needs to pick up his game and learn to win more face offs. The Hawks desperately need a 3rd or 4th line center who can win face offs. Most of the goals they have given up were because of losing face offs in their own end. The Hawks are a puck controlling team but very hard to control the puck if you can't win any face offs.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Thier Identity never left, half the team did.

Consistency on the roster was a big factor.

What is everyone's definition of a teams "identity" anyway?

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Thier Identity never left, half the team did.

To me the half of the team that left was the Identity that brought the, fun, gritt, that don't mess with our main players or else. That was what was missing the last two years. I see some of it back but not all....I still feel like they are missing one guy like an Adam or Eager.

Ton

Liked Posts:
To me the half of the team that left was the Identity that brought the, fun, gritt, that don't mess with our main players or else. That was what was missing the last two years. I see some of it back but not all....I still feel like they are missing one guy like an Adam or Eager.

Thats because they are... Carcillo! Lol

Ton

Liked Posts:
Aside from Carcillo, Ton, I think someone else like him that can drop it down at anytime and can skate too. Jamal doesn't do it for me. Nor some of the new guys.

Carcillo, Shaw, Bollig, Mayers... I think that's enough to take over Burish, Eager, and Fraser.

I know what you are saying though, but I don't think our 4th line is a problem. I think you are use to the 2010 team and want that physicality from lines one through four. That's not this teams identity. We are a fast team, faster than 2010. I don't know if that will lead to success but it's working right now. The playoffs are a different animal. If the 2010 team is any evidence I agree we need more size on each line. It's hard to find players that have a combination of size and skill like Ladd, Buff, Brouwer... I hope this team can make a good run but it's not the same "identity" as it was in 2010. But I do have confidence.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I really wish Carbomb wouldn't have got hurt, not just because he's been a complete waste here, but I really wanted the chance to see what he could bring to the table.