Anyone Else Think?

DonnellWoolford

Liked Posts:
Maybe they should send Floyd to pen and give Humber another shot in rotation? I dont have alot of faith in him either but Floyds been godawful this month. Maybe a little wakeup call is in order...

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
it's not a bad idea, not sure what I think, haven't seen Humber out of the pen too much to know. Maybe give Gavin another start and go from there :dunno:

DaBearsrule4ever

Liked Posts:
Humber hasn't been that good since his perfect game but it might be worth a shot.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He just looks like he pooping in his pants in every outing. I cannot stand the lack of control he has. Hitting batters all the time, getting ahead in the count with his curve than throwing a meatball for a homerun or double. he is very frustrating to watch.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
Humber hasn't been that good since his perfect game but it might be worth a shot.
True. I think Floyd has been better than Humber this season as a whole, but Humber has been pretty decent coming out of the pen... even though his appearance have been pretty scarce. He's only given up 2 hits in 5 appearances since being moved to the pen? One appearance even had 56 pitches and he gave up no hits (3 walks, 5 strikeouts, no runs). Hopefully he can continue to throw well out of the pen.

Floyd has had his moments as a very good starter. and a very bad starter. I'd like to see him finish this season off as a starter and not mess with the bullpen any. UNLESS IT GETS REALLY BAD. But knowing Gavin, his next start will be good.

DaBearsrule4ever

Liked Posts:
So Gavin Floyd is the baseball version of Good Rex, Bad Rex? Instead it would be Good Gavin, Bad Gavin... I've been frustrated with Gavin Floyd for atleast two years.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
So Gavin Floyd is the baseball version of Good Rex, Bad Rex? Instead it would be Good Gavin, Bad Gavin... I've been frustrated with Gavin Floyd for atleast two years.
Show me a White Sox fan who hasn't been frustrated with him for the past two seasons. I think he is a better starter than Humber though and I don't think there's anyone else in the pen that can start in lieu of Floyd.

Don't forget... the Bears went to the Superbowl with Good Rex/Bad Rex. :p

DaBearsrule4ever

Liked Posts:
IF the Sox make the playoffs, Floyd I would say is going to the bullpen forsure with the rotation being Sale, Peavy, Quintana, and Liriano.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely a four man rotation in the playoffs, no doubt

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Sale who's already suffered from soreness during periods where the Sox have used 5 and 6 man rotations? That's my only concern.

well the thing is they well use a four man, but most likey rotate Sale, Liriano, and POSSIBLY Quintana at least that has been the opinion of some in this forum, which sounds ideal to me

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 man rotation in the playoffs (hoping we make it, let's not get too ahead of ourselves)? That has to just be pure speculation because I haven't heard anything of the sorts....

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 man rotation in the playoffs (hoping we make it, let's not get too ahead of ourselves)? That has to just be pure speculation because I haven't heard anything of the sorts....

Im pretty sure Dews brought it up in another thread and it wasnt a bad idea

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not a bad idea, I would just be shocked if it actually happened!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is the reason why I wanted 2 SPs obtained not just one. Danks on the shelf made it that way.

We have a few issues with the potential playoff rotation and thats majority lefties.

you would essentially go

Sale
Peavy
Liriano
Quintana

but than it could be almost anything if they make the playoffs on the last day and cant setup a rotation.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yah, that whole new wild card scenario is such a fucking piece of shit... we REALLY need to win the division, such a better way to set up the rotation that it's a big advantage.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yah, that whole new wild card scenario is such a fucking piece of shit... we REALLY need to win the division, such a better way to set up the rotation that it's a big advantage.

I agree. sox have to grind it out now. games are huge every night.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As long as we don't play the Royals, we should be good :) :) :)