Bears meet with HaHa Clinton-Dix

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
For some reason, whenever HaHa is brought up I always remember him absilutely failing on defending a complete floater pass from a 2 pt. conversion. He like mis-timed his jump and somehow gave up an easy 2 pt conversion. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWIW91shBO4

That play started the collapse of the Packers 'empire'.

Ha Ha was impressive early in his career,

Yeah, Ha Ha was much better when he had no idea what he was doing and simply relied on instinct. Coaching has made him tentative and a much worse player.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For me it is about cost. If they can get him for sub 7 million I think it makes a lot of sense.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
His production in terms of playing the ball is pretty awesome

28 passes defensed.
14 interceptions.

For context it would take 18.5 seasons to have as many interceptions as Clinton-Dix.

You're talking about Amos right? The thing is, he'll be on a new defense and nobody really knows how well he will take to it in Green Bay. For all anyone really knows he could catch Clinton-Dix in just one season, based upon the fact that the future really is virtually impossible to predict.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're talking about Amos right? The thing is, he'll be on a new defense and nobody really knows how well he will take to it in Green Bay. For all anyone really knows he could catch Clinton-Dix in just one season, based upon the fact that the future really is virtually impossible to predict.

Yes, sorry, it is early and left the subject of the sentence out.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With all due respect Haha averages more tackles per year than Amos. It is not up for debate who makes more plays. On the flip side it is not up for debate who has given up more plays as well. You have to factor in the team around the player as well. Haha has never played on a defense with this much talent. The argument to me is what type of player does this defense need? Amos was perfect because he was so solid and safe, Haha is more of a playmaker but also a risk taker. Can he tone that down so he doesn't get burned? I don't know, it is risky but that is the card we are going to play if signed.

I think Pagano likes to safety blitz and now would have Two to choose from in any given situation. I think that interview process would be key, along with being "a fly on the wall" when Pagano discusses his utilization

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
His production in terms of playing the ball is pretty awesome

28 passes defensed.
14 interceptions.

For context it would take Amos 18.5 seasons to have as many interceptions as Clinton-Dix.

Didn't Amos have more passes defensed then him last year though?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I like about HCD is that he can play single high. That means that an injury to Jackson does not kill their game plan. It also means that they can be more varied in their coverages and assignments.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What I like about HCD is that he can play single high. That means that an injury to Jackson does not kill their game plan. It also means that they can be more varied in their coverages and assignments.

Yeah but he is a bad tackler, we really don't need two poor tacklers at Safety.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but he is a bad tackler, we really don't need two poor tacklers at Safety.

I think HHCD gets a bit of a bad rap...I don't think he is a great tackler but I don't think he is bad as people believe.....he had more than his share of opportunities to make tackles. In fact he makes a sizeable amount of solo tackles. In fact he had more than both of our safeties last year. Tells me he was getting a lot of opportunities so volume of missed tackles increases on sheer volume of attempts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think HHCD gets a bit of a bad rap...I don't think he is a great tackler but I don't think he is bad as people believe.....he had more than his share of opportunities to make tackles. In fact he makes a sizeable amount of solo tackles. In fact he had more than both of our safeties last year. Tells me he was getting a lot of opportunities so volume of missed tackles increases on sheer volume of attempts.

He had a really bad 2017

2018: 3
2017: 13
2016: 3

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh so we love Ha-Ha now?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Might be because plays were coming his way

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha Ha can be a great player. His problem has been consistency. Maybe a switch to SS would serve him well.