Bears offense still finding themselves

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
A win is a win but dam our offense looks weak. We have good players all over but it just looks rough around the edges. Only thing that looks finally right is nagy is running howard more with trubiksy under center versus out of the shotgun. Oh and most important Trubisky has had back to back great games for us. Is nagys play calling in his first year involving too many trick plays or is this just year 1 in a new offense. Any thoughts?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
People will look at Mitchell's stats and say he had a great game, which he did because it was efficient. But it was also very game manager-esque. A lot of lateral passes to the sidelines. Mitchell looks much more comfortable passing outside the pocket than in it. Despite his statline, I think the offense is going to need to do better than 14 points.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Or you can just suck it up, and bask in being 11-4 without all the hang-wringing about "how" the Bears won.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
People will look at Mitchell's stats and say he had a great game, which he did because it was efficient. But it was also very game manager-esque. A lot of lateral passes to the sidelines. Mitchell looks much more comfortable passing outside the pocket than in it. Despite his statline, I think the offense is going to need to do better than 14 points.
Lolol he averaged like 10 yards per attempt. What about that says "game manager" to you?

There would have been more points if not for the fumbling problems from the receivers today.

It never ceases to amaze me how people still find a way to scapegoat Trubisky even if the Bears won and he had a mistake free game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mitch made passes to move the sticks. He played well. In playoffs, big plays happen fewer times. It’s more important to control clock and long scoring drives. Man the game was more difficult due Parkey missing an easy fg and Robinson holding the ball loosely.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Lolol he averaged like 10 yards per attempt. What about that says "game manager" to you?

There would have been more points if not for the fumbling problems from the receivers today.

It never ceases to amaze me how people still find a way to scapegoat Trubisky even if the Bears won and he had a mistake free game.

People are gonna think what they want to think contrary to the evidence in front of them.
They will just go find some other stats that support their narrative & die on a hill rather than just be a fan and enjoy a win.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

I'm not blaming Mitch, I'm just commenting on what I saw out of the QB play today. I guess I'm looking forward to the playoffs and wondering what this offense might look like if teams figure out a way to shut down those lateral passes and keep Mitch in the pocket

Antobears

Liked Posts:
A win is a win but dam our offense looks weak. We have good players all over but it just looks rough around the edges. Only thing that looks finally right is nagy is running howard more with trubiksy under center versus out of the shotgun. Oh and most important Trubisky has had back to back great games for us. Is nagys play calling in his first year involving too many trick plays or is this just year 1 in a new offense. Any thoughts?

For me the big difference today was the offense clicked in the 2nd half without scripted plays.

Howard was terrific and Trubs spread the ball to everyone. His lateral passes allowed players to take advantage of YAC and he had success over the middle.

They may not have scored points but they maintained a lot of drives.

It is possible to envisage them becoming elite (I think).

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I'm not blaming Mitch, I'm just commenting on what I saw out of the QB play today. I guess I'm looking forward to the playoffs and wondering what this offense might look like if teams figure out a way to shut down those lateral passes and keep Mitch in the pocket

He made quite a few sideline and middle of the field throws.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if they are finding themselves. I think this is what they are. We have to find ways to win with a low scoring offense. We'll lose when the defense has an average game by other teams' standards. I mean, sooner or later they'll give up around 20 to 24 points.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I don't know if they are finding themselves. I think this is what they are. We have to find ways to win with a low scoring offense. We'll lose when the defense has an average game by other teams' standards. I mean, sooner or later they'll give up around 20 to 24 points.

I don’t know if this is accurate.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
For me the big difference today was the offense clicked in the 2nd half without scripted plays.

Howard was terrific and Trubs spread the ball to everyone. His lateral passes allowed players to take advantage of YAC and he had success over the middle.

They may not have scored points but they maintained a lot of drives.

It is possible to envisage them becoming elite (I think).

Maybe teams are just taking away our deep threat throws. Overall the most important thing is trubiksy and he looks pretty good for a 24 yr old qb in a brand new offense. I guess i was expecting alittle more explosive plays in week 16.

Antobears

Liked Posts:

I thought that the offense had an excellent 2nd half. I thought someone with your username would appreciate the way they turned their play around at halftime (j/k).

I don't remember the last time we had an offense as good as this though. Would you not agree that it's at least respectable?

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Maybe teams are just taking away our deep threat throws. Overall the most important thing is trubiksy and he looks pretty good for a 24 yr old qb in a brand new offense. I guess i was expecting alittle more explosive plays in week 16.

Let them take away the deep throws. So long as the offense can execute make yards and show enough skill/inventiveness in the n-zone to get some TDs this team can win.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Mitchell's escapibility makes the OLine look better at pass blocking than it really is and is pretty much the engine for the offense's drives. Without AR's fumble and Parkay's (because he melts down like butter) usual shitty kicking they would have scored more points. Also, the refs boned them all game, especially on offensive possessions.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Hard to go deep when nobody’s deep...

86%

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Not totally surprising with a first year coach and second year QB. Mitch did great though, that's all we need with this defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
14 points is an issue. Dont give a fuck about moral victories, I want to win and this O is not SB worthy right now.