Ben Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
lol. it was ALL OVER THE BROADCAST AND POST GAME SHOW!

Yeah cause those guys are always right and no one reports stuff like that. Find a link. Simple request.

:smh:

You can't be all in love with the broadcasters and post game guys in one thread and be making fun of them as experts in a previous thread. You are the definition of hypocrit on this.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wrong again. I said he has some blame too, he's not perfect like you make him out to be. ANd if you believe he's not perfect you have issues being critical.

Mad? No. But we should have sent a scout.

Well since you asked they are tied for the WC lead in the NL instead of being behind 6 teams.

It's not ignored. They just aren't huge variables.

are you denying that the team wouldn't be better with a more experienced manager? I want this on record.

only in your fantasy world did I say Never launch Ozzie. Or once did I say this season "I wish we still had him."

I don't know if I did say how many, but I will now on the record. I say we would have 5 more wins.

Career years playing above their heads, etc,etc. Is that because of Robin or KW? No. Those guys really don't win you games. The only thing they can do is loose them for ya.

But I like showing your bias.

Ben sheets has NOTHING to do with where ATL is at. I said that because guess what? they are out a starter due to yet another injury.

5 more wins with an experienced manager? please explain (because you still won) what you base this off of.

Not true at all. There are times when managers help lose games and there are times that a manager wins games. FACT

Not huge variables? really? wow. so playing in a launching pad where there is a crazy total of homeruns and RUNs scored vs playing in the NL in a pitcher friendly park arent huge variables? please.

never said KW was perfect. No GM is. For the resources he has he built a pretty damn good team, a team contending still in sept when SI had them losing 95 games.

Carry on

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess Texas sucks because they sent a scout and decided to stay away from sheets. ya know the owner who knows a little something about pitching. good talk though....love your enthusiasm and knowledge of this game.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Ben sheets has NOTHING to do with where ATL is at. I said that because guess what? they are out a starter due to yet another injury.

Please show me where Ben had nothing to do with it. I showed you his wins and at the time of post if you took away those wins you end up with ATL out of the WC lead.
5 more wins with an experienced manager? please explain (because you still won) what you base this off of.
I've made mention of the errors Robin has made as a rookie manager that experienced managers do not make. That cost wins.

Not true at all. There are times when managers help lose games and there are times that a manager wins games. FACT

Please show me where any manager that wasn't playing won a game? It's a tough game and making bad decisions costs games. It's like hitting 17 in blackjack. Sometimes you get a 4 but it is always the wrong move.
never said KW was perfect. No GM is. For the resources he has he built a pretty damn good team, a team contending still in sept when SI had them losing 95 games.

Totally agree. It could have been better is what I am saying, somethign you can't see or refuse to.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I guess Texas sucks because they sent a scout and decided to stay away from sheets. ya know the owner who knows a little something about pitching. good talk though....love your enthusiasm and knowledge of this game.

Yes, that's almost the same. :smh: Now I see how you were picking Carlos Zambrano in the third round of a redraft.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please show me where Ben had nothing to do with it. I showed you his wins and at the time of post if you took away those wins you end up with ATL out of the WC lead.

I've made mention of the errors Robin has made as a rookie manager that experienced managers do not make. That cost wins.

Please show me where any manager that wasn't playing won a game? It's a tough game and making bad decisions costs games. It's like hitting 17 in blackjack. Sometimes you get a 4 but it is always the wrong move.

Totally agree. It could have been better is what I am saying, somethign you can't see or refuse to.

:rofl: lol that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. whos to say that another replacement wouldnt have won those games? maybe less runs given up in the "adjustment period" than what sheets did but a win is a win and you are looking at a huge sample size. You could say they would be in MUCH better shape if he didnt implode in the last 3 starts. so its kind of a wash, but I guess those losses dont mean anything. Think Brett, think.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, that's almost the same. :smh: Now I see how you were picking Carlos Zambrano in the third round of a redraft.

I didnt want to play the redraft, I gave up after round 1 because I had 2 teams. i would just message you guys a player so I could be left alone. FACT.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I didnt want to play the redraft, I gave up after round 1 because I had 2 teams. i would just message you guys a player so I could be left alone. FACT.

Whatever helps you thru a day

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
:rofl: lol that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. whos to say that another replacement wouldnt have won those games? maybe less runs given up in the "adjustment period" than what sheets did but a win is a win and you are looking at a huge sample size. You could say they would be in MUCH better shape if he didnt implode in the last 3 starts. so its kind of a wash, but I guess those losses dont mean anything. Think Brett, think.

I have been, it's you that has checked out.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
good substance right there.

you heard it here folks! brett says that the braves arent a wild card contender without big ben sheets. LOL. only on ccs.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
As of right now ATL holds the first wild card, 1.5 games up on the Cards. They'll hit some roadblocks because some of their guys are underachieving, but Ben Sheets was only part of the puzzle. Sheets started off okay and then pretty much got owned in his last four or five starts. The Braves are 4-4 in Sheets starts, all coming with decisions. I guess ATL broke even.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
good substance right there.

you heard it here folks! brett says that the braves arent a wild card contender without big ben sheets. LOL. only on ccs.

You serisuoly cannot read. I mean not a lick it seems. I said they would be out of the lead which is 100% true.

Then you use more of your hypocritical thinking using projections or not only when it helps you and flip floppin gin this thread.

:smh:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
As of right now ATL holds the first wild card, 1.5 games up on the Cards. They'll hit some roadblocks because some of their guys are underachieving, but Ben Sheets was only part of the puzzle. Sheets started off okay and then pretty much got owned in his last four or five starts. The Braves are 4-4 in Sheets starts, all coming with decisions. I guess ATL broke even.

But that isn't Ben's fault. It's teh hitting and the pitchers afterwards. Oh he gets some blame. So might the staff for letting him pitch while hurt and not recognizing it.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that isn't Ben's fault. It's teh hitting and the pitchers afterwards. Oh he gets some blame. So might the staff for letting him pitch while hurt and not recognizing it.

I think that's part of the objection here. He had arm issues for the past few years. Oakland found that out the hard way. With having to rehab and recover and what not he's going to be rusty anyway. So trying to grab lightning in a bottle when the lightning is in the form of a busted Tesla coil is a more exaggerated risk than it otherwise would've been. Not to mention that the Braves only broke even while Sheets was pitching. And you can even look at the game logs...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=sheetbe01&t=p&year=2012

He did fine at first and then his arm fell apart. Even before that you could tell about when he was running out of strength because he started to get slapped around like a cheap whore. I get that you want your team to get the best shot at winning the most games, but there are good arguments for why the solution is not Ben Sheets.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And good arguments why it is. He had four stellar outings and one average outing in his first five starts.

to not look at him when you are using guys at times that can't even pitch a lick in the majors is the issue I and other Sox fans have.

he should have at least been looked at. Once he breaks you can roll out the trash the Sox have been using already. And whose to say we don't recognize Ben's difficiencies earlier with Professor Copper.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And good arguments why it is. He had four stellar outings and one average outing in his first five starts.

to not look at him when you are using guys at times that can't even pitch a lick in the majors is the issue I and other Sox fans have.

he should have at least been looked at. Once he breaks you can roll out the trash the Sox have been using already. And whose to say we don't recognize Ben's difficiencies earlier with Professor Copper.

:rofl:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the White Sox's situation was unique in that they didn't even think they'd be contenders this season. Looking at this in retrospect when the injury history for Sheets is well-documented seems a fool's errand to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.