1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
For the reading impaired...

4-1, 32 IP, 1.41 ERA, 1 HR.

Yes, would have made a nice difference.

Please just admit for once when you are wrong.

Those are nice stats, but I think we all knew that Sheets would get hurt again. Not of much help now that he's injured.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those are nice stats, but I think we all knew that Sheets would get hurt again. Not of much help now that he's injured.

It really doesnt matter. Someone bitching about KW not getting him is a joke due to his first 4 starts as a Brave without looking at park factors and NL vs AL. He would have gotten torn up here.

again for the last time:
turner field: 23rd in Homeruns
Us Cellular: 4th in Homeruns
NL vs AL competition

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I forgot. Ben pitched in onlyelite pitcher parks.

and what second seven days off are you talking about? The one with the concussion?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgot. Ben pitched in onlyelite pitcher parks.

and what second seven days off are you talking about? The one with the concussion?

the power numbers were not there before the concussion. Garfien mentioned he had a lot of work done on the wrist while he was on his 7 day dl stint and mentioned that it has hampered his power as did steve stone countless times during games that the wrist is an issue and thats why we saw a lack of power. I tend to side with guys that actually are around the team than a fan like yourselfs opinion.

3 of 5 starts for sheets were at tuner field
the other 2 were ranked 11 and 18 in total homeruns

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Agree for the most part. The thing is once he gets hurt you still roll out the garbage we ahve all season long. KW didn't even look at him. That says something.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
the power numbers were not there before the concussion. Garfien mentioned he had a lot of work done on the wrist while he was on his 7 day dl stint and mentioned that it has hampered his power as did steve stone countless times during games that the wrist is an issue and thats why we saw a lack of power. I tend to side with guys that actually are around the team than a fan like yourselfs opinion.

3 of 5 starts for sheets were at tuner field
the other 2 were ranked 11 and 18 in total homeruns

Paulie was jsut as powerful numbers wise before the seven day stint on the DL

Paulie's own words trumps it all

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...--20120724_1_sox-captain-gordon-beckham-wrist

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree for the most part. The thing is once he gets hurt you still roll out the garbage we ahve all season long. KW didn't even look at him. That says something.

yeah, it says that KW knew he would be hurt.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Paulie was jsut as powerful numbers wise before the seven day stint on the DL

Paulie's own words trumps it all

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...--20120724_1_sox-captain-gordon-beckham-wrist

Right...because him saying that "his wrist is an issue" wouldnt affect the way he would be pitched to by the opposition. So no, Konerko doesnt trump all. Are you that naive. Of course he is going to say its fine! If he says different it affects the way the other teams pitch to him and Dunn who bats before him. Dunn would see zero fastballs if he came out and said it hurt as they would pitch around to get to PK knowing he cant drive the ball. Im shocked on how you buy into alot of shit.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give me 5 quality starts out of 8 from every 5th starter and I'll show you the best team in baseball

lol. ok brett. haha! just stop talking.

sample size

now hurt as predicted

try harder

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says KW over values his players. But that is something everyone already knew.

I know KW sucks. shoulda got fields or gave morel a chance. shouldnt have gotten wise or brett myers. he suckzzzz

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm shocked how you refuse to
1) Admit you are wrong
2) Refuse to take a players word for his health which since he's healed as you have puit it could say the truth without it affecting him

Hey why not say It hurts when a pitch is thrown high and outside and leak bad info so he can crush the pitch every time (example of a player getting pitches in his hot zone.)

You haven't made a single point except the homerun ratio in parks which is a fact but in no way says Ben couldn't have pitched just as well if we had him with IMO the superior pitching coach.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
lol. ok brett. haha! just stop talking.

sample size

now hurt as predicted

try harder

Pitched well as predicted. Why? sample size. He's a good pitcher when healthy. And you would think you would know that but it appears you only know the local team.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I know KW sucks. shoulda got fields or gave morel a chance. shouldnt have gotten wise or brett myers. he suckzzzz

I raved about the Myers trade and never got a chance to comment on Wise.

You keep bringing up morel and fields like I talk about it every day, or even every week or even every month. The only one that does is you.

"Try Harder"

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not doubting you here, but can you show me the links to stories abotu Konerko getting work doen on his wrist while on the DL different fromt eh normal work he always does on his wrist? I did a quckie search and found nothing.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
admit that you are reaching for anything to spew off about KW. You are mad because we didnt get ben sheets....great!!! he is descent when healthy...guess what? he is never healty....oh and on the DL yet again....hows that working out for ATL?

Pitchers parks and hitters parks are huge variables
Pitching in the NL is another huge variable
things you seem to ignore.

lets not forget that robin is a "sub par manager" and we would be much better with a better manager. still love ozzie that much? hows he doing these days? how many more wins did you say we would have if we had an "experienced" manager?

The sox are what they are. players playing to their careers and some playing above their careers. with the injuries that this team has faced, robin and company have done a great job managing the team and managing the bullpen with the help of KW.

find another sport that doesnt have numbers or stats please.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not doubting you here, but can you show me the links to stories abotu Konerko getting work doen on his wrist while on the DL different fromt eh normal work he always does on his wrist? I did a quckie search and found nothing.

lol. it was ALL OVER THE BROADCAST AND POST GAME SHOW!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
admit that you are reaching for anything to spew off about KW.
wrong again. I said he has some blame too, he's not perfect like you make him out to be. ANd if you believe he's not perfect you have issues being critical.
You are mad because we didnt get ben sheets....great!!!
Mad? No. But we should have sent a scout.
he is descent when healthy...guess what? he is never healty....oh and on the DL yet again....hows that working out for ATL?

Well since you asked they are tied for the WC lead in the NL instead of being behind 6 teams.

Pitchers parks and hitters parks are huge variables
Pitching in the NL is another huge variable
things you seem to ignore.

It's not ignored. They just aren't huge variables.

lets not forget that robin is a "sub par manager" and we would be much better with a better manager.
are you denying that the team wouldn't be better with a more experienced manager? I want this on record.

still love ozzie that much? hows he doing these days?
only in your fantasy world did I say Never launch Ozzie. Or once did I say this season "I wish we still had him."

how many more wins did you say we would have if we had an "experienced" manager?

I don't know if I did say how many, but I will now on the record. I say we would have 5 more wins.

The sox are what they are. players playing to their careers and some playing above their careers. with the injuries that this team has faced, robin and company have done a great job managing the team and managing the bullpen with the help of KW.

Career years playing above their heads, etc,etc. Is that because of Robin or KW? No. Those guys really don't win you games. The only thing they can do is loose them for ya.

find another sport that doesnt have numbers or stats please.

But I like showing your bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.