Blackhawks Store Inside UC

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Between periods last night the wife and I decide to head down to the store. I am in need of a new Blackhawks hat and she was just looking. I go right to the hat section and the first thing I notice is that about two thirds of the hats are those wide flat brimmed hats. I know I am going to offend some of the younger fans here but sorry, those things are the ugliest hats and I do equate them to what I see the bangers wearing.

I thought to myself, what are we, Bulls fans??? I did see two hats that caught my attention though. The first one was $38 and the second one was $35. For a hat? Are you kidding me????

Wife and I walked out of the store both saying what a waste of time it was and how ridiculous the prices. $55 for a tshirt, $80-$100 for a long sleeve or sweatshirt.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is what the vouchers are for
<

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i bought me a hat last night...with the vouchers

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Between periods last night the wife and I decide to head down to the store. I am in need of a new Blackhawks hat and she was just looking. I go right to the hat section and the first thing I notice is that about two thirds of the hats are those wide flat brimmed hats. I know I am going to offend some of the younger fans here but sorry, those things are the ugliest hats and I do equate them to what I see the bangers wearing.

I thought to myself, what are we, Bulls fans??? I did see two hats that caught my attention though. The first one was $38 and the second one was $35. For a hat? Are you kidding me????

Wife and I walked out of the store both saying what a waste of time it was and how ridiculous the prices. $55 for a tshirt, $80-$100 for a long sleeve or sweatshirt.

Agreed 100%, sad thing is they making money hand over fist. McD job is to create an impeccable brand image, like Coke or Ford, and it looks like in a few years he will be fully successful. The Cubs got it from him, and now were getting it.

At this point I'm just trying my best to block his endless circus stream and enjoy what we have on the ice. Right now our boys are making that pretty easy
<
<
<
<
<
<

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
plenty of nice hats without the wide brim at the nhl store. In fact I just ordered one they have back on shopnhl.com I bought in 2001 but left at a friends house shortly before his family moved out of state in 2005. I could never find the exact hat again. (zephyr, fitted, black, indianhead in the front C and tomahawks in the back) and not that flex fit crap that fitted has seemed to go to... actual fitted.I checked back at the store after I lost it and that style wasnt there anymore, so I figured I was SOL. Thanks for starting this thread, lol.

In general though, that is the nature of anything at an arena, impulse buys, for inflated prices, it doesn't exist to give you a deal.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
plenty of nice hats without the wide brim at the nhl store. In fact I just ordered one they have back on shopnhl.com I bought in 2001 but left at a friends house shortly before his family moved out of state in 2005. I could never find the exact hat again. (zephyr, fitted, black, indianhead in the front C and tomahawks in the back) and not that flex fit crap that fitted has seemed to go to... actual fitted.I checked back at the store after I lost it and that style wasnt there anymore, so I figured I was SOL. Thanks for starting this thread, lol.

In general though, that is the nature of anything at an arena, impulse buys, for inflated prices, it doesn't exist to give you a deal.

Share a pic of said hat?

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Buying a Hawks hat at the UC is like buying luggage at O'Hare.

Sincerely,

Capt. Horrendous Analogy Jr.

FourFeatherFury

Liked Posts:
So, anybody know whats up with the black/red hat that a lot of guys have been wearing during the post game interviews? I usually see Emery wearing in on the bench as well. Can't find that fucker anywhere.

dm_130115_nhl_patrick_kane_int.jpg

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

Why would anyone want to get held up at that store...cause thats what happening to you if you do shop there.

R K

So, anybody know whats up with the black/red hat that a lot of guys have been wearing during the post game interviews? I usually see Emery wearing in on the bench as well. Can't find that fucker anywhere.

Yes it's this years locker room hat. They have a different one every year.

They have them in the Fandamonium and ShopNHL.com

I think the NHL.com one is slightly different.

http://shop.nhl.com/...dy_bestsell_txt

But they had them the other night in the Fandamonium for sure.

FourFeatherFury

Liked Posts:
Yes it's this years locker room hat. They have a different one every year.

They have them in the Fandamonium and ShopNHL.com

I think the NHL.com one is slightly different.

http://shop.nhl.com/...dy_bestsell_txt

But they had them the other night in the Fandamonium for sure.

Awesome. I knew it was new this year, I was just having a really hard time finding it online. There is one similar from a couple of years ago I think, just not exactly the same. Thanks bud.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
So much for sticking it to the NHL for the lockout. People right back to buying merchandise.
<

My opinion is....fuck all their hats. Nice looking or not. I have enough of them already, and the NHL doesn't appreciate my buying them. So....Go Fuck Yourself™

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

that's the hat I got

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks store on Michigan is no better, although I havent been in there for awhile.
So much for sticking it to the NHL for the lockout. People right back to buying merchandise.
<

My opinion is....fuck all their hats. Nice looking or not. I have enough of them already, and the NHL doesn't appreciate my buying them. So....Go Fuck Yourself™

Preach it, Bruthah!

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Awesome. I knew it was new this year, I was just having a really hard time finding it online. There is one similar from a couple of years ago I think, just not exactly the same. Thanks bud.
Don't forget to buy though the IHN sponsored link! hah

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

I own a lot of Blackhawks flat brimmed hats (the full backs, not the snap backs)

I just curve the brim. They are the nicer hats, but I don't want my brim to be flat.

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you pick it up at the UC? I'm still not able to find it online as a fitted with the red brim.

yea, its a fitted hat and has the Indianhead on the back

it's black on top and red under the bill