legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I just don't see where you are getting that at all.

He maybe a little disappointed that no one wanted to offer a lengthy contract, but that is just the way the league is now.

2Pac had a point of the unknown context of his comments about Tampa, but if Tillman really wanted out of a Bear uniform...he would be a Buc.

Honestly, I think that presser went south quick for Tillman with the repeated opening questions about his health. There is a sour undertone to his comments, but it seemed to be directed at those asking the "not-so-smart" questions.

Having Tillman, Jennings and Fuller on the field at the same time with a respectable line should be a nightmare for any passing game. If injuries and age are not a factor in 2014...I see no reason why Tillman is not a Bear in 2015.

Just going by this story it seems that way.
"If I would have gone to another team, it probably would have been Tampa," he said. "It just didn't work out the way any of us planned, so I'm back in Chicago. But that's not a bad thing. It's still a good place, a good place to be."
Who's he trying to convince? Himself or the media?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just going by this story it seems that way.
"If I would have gone to another team, it probably would have been Tampa," he said. "It just didn't work out the way any of us planned, so I'm back in Chicago. But that's not a bad thing. It's still a good place, a good place to be."
Who's he trying to convince? Himself or the media?

The "didn't work out the way any of us planned" I think is referring being unable to secure a long contract anywhere else..including Tampa.

I am sure it was a sobering moment for him and that is where all the talk about "just wanting a ring and calling it a day" is also coming from.

Get him back on the field, making plays and watching his team win games will change his attitude quick enough.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm just glad Tillman is such a good player/person. We don't have to worry about him complaining or taking plays off, etc. He plays his heart out no matter the circumstance.

he's ma boi, gotta lotta heart.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I expect an NFL defensive player of the year consideration type season for Charles Tillman if he stays healthy. Double digit turnovers for him.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm surprised by how he pretty much said he expected to sign in Tampa.

I think he was really surprised when Tampa never even offered him a contract.
If he plays well this year, he could get a 5 million 2 yr 3 mil guaranteed contract here.... even though he is getting "old"

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yes 33 is ancient in the NFL nowadays. :nope:

Maybe you need to contact the Saints and have them revoke Champ Bailey's contract. It would have been wise for the Bears to sign Tillman for at least 2 years with all the guarantees in the first year.

Really, you're surprised as to way a GM wouldn't sign a 33 year old coming off an injury plagued season to more than a one year contract?

Fuck.