Chris Simms Top 40 NFL Quarterbacks: Trubisky @ #20 ???

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get a grip. Watson was never close to anything Mahomes did. Nor did he magically come back in a "few" months unless you consider 9 as a few, which nobody else does.

All I'm saying was that Watson was on pace to break all time rookie records before the injury. He came back from that injury in months and is still held to a higher standard around here than "shoulder bruise" Trubisky.

Trubisky shoulda easily had a better year than a guy who blew out his knee. If Trubisky had that injury it would be major excuse for two years running at CCS. Look at all the excuses for Floyd.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I'm saying was that Watson was on pace to break all time rookie records before the injury. He came back from that injury in months and is still held to a higher standard around here than "shoulder bruise" Trubisky.

Trubisky shoulda easily had a better year than a guy who blew out his knee. If Trubisky had that injury it would be major excuse for two years running at CCS. Look at all the excuses for Floyd.
This is not really about QB skills though. Boils down to the fact Watson has the warrior spirit and Mitch the bitch simply does not. We've seen Watson struggle mightily at times too, he just seems to have more of a will and urgency to win. Unlike most other meatballs here, I have no axe to grind with Watson. Barring further injuries, I'd expect him to have a good amount of success.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Easily beat the #6 QB?
I get the narative but anyone that thought Mitch was gonna be better than Watson in his 1st 2 years, including Pace, just diesn't get it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He's performed at a top 6 level since becoming an NFL starter. I think this ranking is about who Simms thinks is currently better, not whose tenured career has amounted to more, hence Mahomes also being very high despite just one season.
Well I would agree with how they should be rated it who is best now not cumulative what they’ve done in their career I agree with that part

I certainly don’t think that Watson is a bad quarterback by any means I simply think he has been given too much credit for his play.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Easily beat the #6 QB?
I get the narative but anyone that thought Mitch was gonna be better than Watson in his 1st 2 years, including Pace, just diesn't get it.
So your saying one of the most experienced and decorated college QB's in NCAA history logically would be more NFL ready out of the gate than the least experienced 1st round QB selection in draft history? And maybe Pace was thinking long game? GTFO of here with that Vulcan logic shit.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is year 3 enough to compare QBs to each other, or is college experience still the main factor until they're 5, 6, 7 years into their NFL careers?

I think most coaches would tell you that NFL experience is more relevant than college experience, and Trubisky has more NFL experience under his belt than both Watson and Mahomes.

Did he miss any time in pee wee football? Maybe we can add that on to his "years that a #2 overall pick gets a pass for having less starts as a school student" allotment?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There's a high standard on this board for Watson, which just doesn't exist for Trubisky.

Watson was "Mahomes version 2017" and tore his ACL. Dude magically comes back in a few months, yet the standard for him is still unreasonably high.

I think Watson is going to bounce back nicely next year. You'll know by all the butthurt around here.

No. The exact opposite is true.

People who wanted Watson will always overrate him and never give Trubisky credit for anything.

Trubisky’s rookie season he played for Fox and had no WRs. Watson had two terrific WRs who won jump balls on his constant hail mary’s

And minds were made up at that point. And no objective evaluation will be possible after that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Watson would not be playing if not healthy. Don’t lower the 2018 bar because he was of no value for half of 2017.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
IMO:

Big Ben at 6, Watson at 5, Wilson at 4, luck at 3, mahomes at 2, Rodgers at 1
I think he'll have Mahomes at #1. Simms has a tendency to rate guys higher based off their last season. I think he'll go:

6 - Ben
5 - Watson
4 - Luck
3 - Wilson
2 - Rodgers
1 - Mahomes

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
5-10 years ago the logic was to sit rookie QB's a season or 2 due to the huge learning curve between college and pro football, now fans expect results and answers to what a QB ultimately will be immediately, like petulant children screaming for a toy at Walmart.

MT improved in every facet of the game and his passer rating went up 18 points, all while learning a brand new offense, while Watson passer rating wise was nearly identical going up 0.1 points and regressing in several categories.

I don't know who will be the better QB long term but I would take the guy making huge strides and that plays a style that is more conducive to a longer healthy career vs the guy that to this from season 1 to 2 has plateaued and is playing on several ACl tears and a plays a high injury risk brand of football.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Our society has such a hard-on for lists. It's insane how much we care about them, debate them and revel in them.
I think that is # 3 on the list of problems with the western world.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
22 starts.
5,864 yards
45 tds to 18 picks
8.3 y/a
6.3 TD%
103.1 passer rating (top 3 or 4 in NFL since 2017)

I'd be ok with Trubisky plateauing at the level.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I never reckoned Chris Sims had such a lively sense of humor. Always seemed to be quite the stiff.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Now what i dont get is Goff's placement so low and why Stafford and Cousins are so high
Simms does a lot of looking what the QB is asked to do in relation to the coach/system. In that case McVay does a lot to help Goff with play design and presnap reads whereas Jim Bob Cooter just had a funny name...

As for Cousins you guys hate him, but he's a really good QB. He moved from a Washington team who's head coach was an offensive guy over to a defensive guy in Zimmer. If you watched many games last year he would stand in the pocket and get murdered. That OL was one of the worst in the league, but he never shied away from trying to make plays. Statistically of his full 16 games started career he had the 2nd highest passer rating.

By that same logic I'd put Mitch into the Goff grouping. Weather it was by design or presnap reads he did a lot to help his young QB out.

I never reckoned Chris Sims had such a lively sense of humor. Always seemed to be quite the stiff.
Simms is actually really good. He's an interesting mix of someone who's played, he's got a dad that played (Phil - adds some historic perspective), is still passionate about the game (might be due to his career ending too early via injury), has continued to study it after his career ended and finally he just doesn't give a shit what people think.

A lot of his takes ruffle feathers, so it could be considered click bait, but all his opinions are well thought out and he can walk you through his logic.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
22 starts.
5,864 yards
45 tds to 18 picks
8.3 y/a
6.3 TD%
103.1 passer rating (top 3 or 4 in NFL since 2017)

I'd be ok with Trubisky plateauing at the level.
Let's hope Watson does as well.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The good ones never need rely on makeable FGs. And completing 2 passes not much driving.
I agree, Watson needed 14 points to tie and Mitch needed 3 to win. I don’t know who the better qb is but Mitch is the Bears qb now and that is really all that matters at this point. I have never been impressed with the quarterback ratings. Dan Marino had an 84, He was pretty damn good everyone would agree but I really don’t think Watson is as good as Marino.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish