Clayton Richard DFA

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Didn't think he would last past his last start, which I said after his first one...

Have to think one of two things happening here..
either a return of wada or a trade will be announced soon..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Maddon acted like he had no idea either and was not sure why or what his the next move.

Sounds like they have something cooking. If it was just Wada then I would bet they would have said it strait out.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Maddon acted like he had no idea either and was not sure why or what his the next move.

Sounds like they have something cooking. If it was just Wada then I would bet they would have said it strait out.
True about wada. no reason not to just say he will start Sunday

Maybe with off day tomorrow there will be some activity with the front office. ..

greg23

Liked Posts:
So why exctly did we need to dump jackson sunday if we're just dumping richard wednesday?

Jackson couldnt make that start monday?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So why exctly did we need to dump jackson sunday if we're just dumping richard wednesday?

Jackson couldnt make that start monday?
With off day today they could go with Hendricks on Monday. .

That would give them extra time if needed to complete a deal ....

Jackson was dumped to bring Soriano up
Richard was dumped to bring beeler and extra reliever up for the DH...

greg23

Liked Posts:
Thats my point

They could have dfa Richard sunday to bring up soriano

They could have started jackson in richards spot

They could have called up beeler to pitch in the dh as rosters expand to 26....they didnt need to call up medina

Now our 5th starter is beeler or an off dl wada?....blah

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Beeler was a 26 man. That is a clause used only for DHers. He did not count torwards the 25 man. Jackson was cut to open a roster for Soriano. Adding Med. was due to the pen being taxed over the last few games and the off day they could bypass the 5th starter.

Richard gave up like 9 ER in 12 innings. He really was not earning a spot.

Jackson lost his job last year. Cutting him would have happen a year + ago if the amount owed was less. It was a bad signing. Not to mention every time they put him in a pressure situation he would collapse this year. His numbers for the most part were in low pressure situations.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wada has been rehabbing there also. They could just go with the best arm the rest of the way.

I do not see a major deal happening. All they did was add that 10 year minor league vet. So they are stock piling depth right now vs making a splash.