Could we see Dunn in Cubbie Blue Next Year...

Could We See Adam Dunn in Cubbie Blue?

• Total voters

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Fixed. A little because he will go from being an average OF, to an average 1B in my opinion. What about Soriano to 1B? That would be a :lmao: move and a :turrible: move.

But the Cubs could call up Jackson to LF. But, it won't happen and shouldn't.

Fixed right back at ya.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
It wont happen. It would be nice, but it wont happen.

Like Fedex said, there is no money. This team's window to win it all came and went. It's time to re-build. Personally, I'd like to see them try and re-build like the Marlins do. Through trades, and farm system.
The Marlins trade any player, regardless of how talented, once they get too pricey for their payroll.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
without dunn, and im saying this because i do not believe that the cubs will pony up another big contract, can still compete. i still think there are bigger holes to fill...overhaul of the BP
Bullpen pitchers are unpredictable. One season they'll pitch well, the next they'll be terrible.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know Castro is only 20 years old and they don't want to put pressure on him. But, why doesn't Pinella put him as the leadoff hitter and see what he does? The season is over and it's good expierence for him because he's a future leadoff man or 2 hitter.

He's a contact hitter, will hit for average and has speed.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Because he already used your lineup once and now wants you to leave him alone, you are never satisfied (jk)

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he already used your lineup once and now wants you to leave him alone, you are never satisfied (jk)

I'm fine with the lineup but I think it's a good time to get him major league expierence from the 1 hole. You don't think so?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with the lineup but I think it's a good time to get him major league expierence from the 1 hole. You don't think so?

I agree. Colvin shouldn't be hitting 1st... or even in the top half of the line up. I think we could see something like this:

Castro
Byrd
Lee
Rami
Colvin
Soriano
Soto
DeWitt
Pitcher

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^i like that lineup although i may be the minority that likes byrd leading off

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Byrd leading but he's not your typical leadoff man. The lineup Captain Obvious has, is the one I would have.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i understand what you're saying...he doesnt lead off that much...i kind of want him to develop into the cubs lead off man....he's a better fit than alot of our lead offs this year imo....tho i wouldnt mind trying to get castro as a leadoff and having byrd hit behind him....two good base hitters..which will set the third man to bring a run or two in(lee,rami,etc.)

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
i understand what you're saying...he doesnt lead off that much...i kind of want him to develop into the cubs lead off man....he's a better fit than alot of our lead offs this year imo....tho i wouldnt mind trying to get castro as a leadoff and having byrd hit behind him....two good base hitters..which will set the third man to bring a run or two in(lee,rami,etc.)

We all know Rami will be better next year. He gots one year in after the dislocated shoulder and should be fully healthy with the thumb injury.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all know Rami will be better next year. He gots one year in after the dislocated shoulder and should be fully healthy with the thumb injury.

i wouldnt invest in that with real money.