Cubs vs Braves IGT (Vol. Silence negligent)

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Kimbrel will be up Friday. Or Thurs.
I heard kimbrel had a good outing tonight but was only at 94-96, want to see him at 97-99 like we are use to seeing from him. Do you think he was
Holding back a little since it’s triple A and that he knows he’s about ready to come up?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard kimbrel had a good outing tonight but was only at 94-96, want to see him at 97-99 like we are use to seeing from him. Do you think he was
Holding back a little since it’s triple A and that he knows he’s about ready to come up?
He will throw harder in more amped up situations but he had a decrease in velocity last year

choyne35

Liked Posts:
He will throw harder in more amped up situations but he had a decrease in velocity last year
Yeah I figure he will also but as long as he can throw strikes and have that dirty slider then we should be good

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What fucking moron leaves Montgomery in, trying to finish a third inning?

Pitch descalso for fuck’s sake
The same moron that did not challenge the Contrares out at third. He chose to make a point to not be aggressive on the bases when Contrares was clearly safe at third with the swim move.
Still had a chance to plate a run, so I guess you don't coach aggressiveness out of the two pulses of this team, but you can embarass them for mistakes?
Nice watching the 8th inning end with Rizzo looking at one center cut for strike 3. Why are these hitters guessing pitches with two strikes, just protect.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, I thought part of why he did not get signed, other than the compensatory pick was his velocity was down. Its not hitting 99 all the time, its having your complimentary pitches at 84 that makes 94 look like 100.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If it's close enough to be called a third stike you better be swining. That's not the Cubs philosophy

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If it's close enough to be called a third stike you better be swining. That's not the Cubs philosophy

Maybe Maddon needed to give Rizzo a day off, you know, with that little girl that was supposed to go to his outing dying from her cancer battle. But he probably felt he was doing the team an injustice since Tony wanted to hit a home run for her.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I haven't spoken to him. I have no idea why he'd hold back.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's a Yu Darvish start, so I will be stopping at the liquor store and perhaps Home Depot to pick up a ball peen hammer I can repeatedly slam into my skull.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Maybe Maddon needed to give Rizzo a day off, you know, with that little girl that was supposed to go to his outing dying from her cancer battle. But he probably felt he was doing the team an injustice since Tony wanted to hit a home run for her.
The 8th inning would have been a great time for that homer

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yu vs. Keuchel tonight. Hmm.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The same moron that did not challenge the Contrares out at third. He chose to make a point to not be aggressive on the bases when Contrares was clearly safe at third with the swim move.
Still had a chance to plate a run, so I guess you don't coach aggressiveness out of the two pulses of this team, but you can embarass them for mistakes?
Nice watching the 8th inning end with Rizzo looking at one center cut for strike 3. Why are these hitters guessing pitches with two strikes, just protect.

Or....put another way, Maddon saw there wasn't enough to overturn it, and thus saved his challenge.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sir Frame-A-Lot behind the plate.
Walk
Stolen Base
Error on C
Passed Ball

Good inning for the ASG vote leader. Good thing only offense matters.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Sir Frame-A-Lot behind the plate.
Walk
Stolen Base
Error on C
Passed Ball

Good inning for the ASG vote leader. Good thing only offense matters.
Looks like we are going to need to score atleast 5 tonight and if Bryant keeps hitting into double plays and Rizzo keeps struggling it’s going to be a long night

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Looks like we are going to need to score atleast 5 tonight and if Bryant keeps hitting into double plays and Rizzo keeps struggling it’s going to be a long night
Double play after double play and the last one was on Russell, he should have been at 2nd base easily on the hit/error

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Russell not being at second base on that error was pitiful. It took the left fielder forever to get to that ball