Cubs vs Dodgers 6/22-6/25

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hendricks has missed several big spots.... it's so wild -- he can produce some great sequences, then have several horrible at-bats in a row.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Figured the game with Hendricks would be a tough one to win. Hopefully can climb back into this one

CSF77

Liked Posts:
• The Cubs have shut down Jacob Turner after two starts because of soreness in his right elbow. Turner last pitched on June 14 for Double-A Tennessee, giving up two hits over five scoreless innings.

So Wada is uncertain right now. Still sore. Turner is out. AAA best is Roach but not on the 40 man.

I think they should look into a trade now.

As far as the game: hendick's lacks stuff. That is why he is a #5. Any play off level team can tee off on him. Not to mention vs a DH. That said he is a good inning soaker and can net a win here and there.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its about time they start tatooing this guy. The 88 MPH fastball and that limp ass breaking ball....if the ump doesn't give him the low strike, he's BP.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Damnit Rizzo grounds into a DP and bases are empty

Cut the lead in half though

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damnit Rizzo grounds into a DP and bases are empty

Cut the lead in half though

I wish he would've tried to push a bunt down the third base line again....he does that a few times successfully and they'll ash can that shift.

Ron Burgundy

Rizzo gets Cubs out of jam with unique DP

Cubs' first baseman Anthony Rizzo used some quick thinking to turn a unique 3-1 double play on Wednesday.

More...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jackson = one useless piece of shit

Can't EVER be used in a game that's winable.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is kinda outside the box thinking but the Cubs should consider winning tomorrow. Beating Kershaw and Greinke just to get a series split is poo poo

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Denorfia with a really bad play. Who chance it down 3 with Rizzo coming up?

ZAN

Liked Posts:
• The Cubs have shut down Jacob Turner after two starts because of soreness in his right elbow. Turner last pitched on June 14 for Double-A Tennessee, giving up two hits over five scoreless innings.

So Wada is uncertain right now. Still sore. Turner is out. AAA best is Roach but not on the 40 man.

As far as the game: hendick's lacks stuff. That is why he is a #5. Any play off level team can tee off on him. Not to mention vs a DH. That said he is a good inning soaker and can net a win here and there.

He's not even a good innings soaker. He's made it through 6 only 3 times in his last 10 starts.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

The next internal option is Carl Edwards Jr. who the chatter is will startto be stretched out almost immediately for a possible starting role but that will take time. The bottom line though if they make the playoffs they need another starter to have a snowball's chance. I think they'll find a guy but Theo likes to make early deals and the prices are way too high right now. I think the Turner injury is worse than anyone thinks because he was the back up plan if the prices don't go down. Edwards, who has all the stuff in the world, is still an iffy substitute at best.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The next internal option is Carl Edwards Jr. who the chatter is will startto be stretched out almost immediately for a possible starting role but that will take time. The bottom line though if they make the playoffs they need another starter to have a snowball's chance. I think they'll find a guy but Theo likes to make early deals and the prices are way too high right now. I think the Turner injury is worse than anyone thinks because he was the back up plan if the prices don't go down. Edwards, who has all the stuff in the world, is still an iffy substitute at best.

I have to disagree with that. They need a 5th starter to get to the playoffs, once they make it....he becomes almost excess baggage with the travel days and the possibility of a short series.

As far as Hendricks goes, he about par for the course for 5th starters. He'll win an occasional game for you, keep you in others and get obliterated in some as well. I mean if was consistantly good, he wouldn't be a 5th.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I loved Sutcliffe mentioning in the first inning that Hendricks reminded him of Maddux. Perhaps some of the people here that tried to chastise Beer Pride and others for even suggesting such an evil thing could tweet longtime professional pitcher, Rick, and tell him how wrong his opinion/recollection is.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I have to disagree with that. They need a 5th starter to get to the playoffs, once they make it....he becomes almost excess baggage with the travel days and the possibility of a short series.

As far as Hendricks goes, he about par for the course for 5th starters. He'll win an occasional game for you, keep you in others and get obliterated in some as well. I mean if was consistantly good, he wouldn't be a 5th.

Yes, I agree Hendricks needs to be the 5th starter, but he's the 4th starter right now. I think they can get to the playoffs with what they have but as it stand Hendricks would start a game if they got past the WC game.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved Sutcliffe mentioning in the first inning that Hendricks reminded him of Maddux. Perhaps some of the people here that tried to chastise Beer Pride and others for even suggesting such an evil thing could tweet longtime professional pitcher, Rick, and tell him how wrong his opinion/recollection is.

Sutcliffe is really, really dumb sometimes. Like really dumb.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Trade dis Lester guy.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
In all seriousness, he can't find the zone today. Couldbe a long day.