Cutler Has 6th Best Odds of MVP Win

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said, I was going by memory so I knew I would get several wrong.

Cool story. My point still stands. There are not "plenty" of QB's in NFL history that didn't accomplish anything until they were 30, let alone blew up into the elite QB that Bears fans want Cutler to be. The best example you can hope for is Rich Gannon(also Trestman linked). However if Cutler does it he will be yet another in a short line of exceptions and FAR from the rule.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Why do you think I am getting worked over this? I am very calm right now just typing responses. You are trying to read people through the internet, thats hilarious.

yeah you are definitely worked up over this

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Celks is a charitable guy. He has already donated his brain to science.

malcore

You're like a Sunday family
Digging animals in a zoo
But while you're looking at monkeys
Monkey's looking dead at you

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
You learn something new everyday, I didnt even know this and its about me.

considering almost all your posts have been to your "monkeys" and not on topic...yeah you're definitely worked up over this

QFFL

Liked Posts:
The only concerned is his injury history. If he stay healthy and our defense are adequate, he does have a chance to be the MVP.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
But Cutler plays on an offense that can make him an MVP caliber player, thats my whole point. If he was the qb for the Titans, of course he would have no shot at an MVP. You havnt given one good reason why Cutler cant be a top 5 vote getter next year. He has never played on an offense this good, and dont say injurys, because that is something pretty much uncontrolable.

Because he lacks a MVP/top-QB decision-making mind. Of the 32 starting NFL QBs he is a top-5 QB in terms of arm, not so much in terms of intangibles. I wouldn't take the Cutler MVP bet if the odds were 250-1. He is too inconsistent and has proven that over the course of a game he will force passes.

For the record I have never bashed Cutler and am not "from that camp".

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler can win superbowl m.v.p

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL why are Cutler fans so emotional? Hate? It has nothing to do with hate, it's simply acknowledging that Cutler isn't one of the best QBs in the game. He's pretty much middle of the pack. I assure you the vast majority of sports analysts, as well as fans of the other 31 teams, agree with me on that.

Is he more talented than McCown? Yeah, of course he is. Is he an elite/MVP level guy? No, he isn't. It isn't hatred to call Cutler average any more than it's hatred to call a duck and duck. It's just what he's always been.

Like I said before to Bearshomer for someone who already has labeled Cutler as average and has nothing good to say about him you really do talk about him ad nauseam. It seems you have more of an emotional connection than anyone since like a moth to a flame you came in raging per usual

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cool story. My point still stands. There are not "plenty" of QB's in NFL history that didn't accomplish anything until they were 30, let alone blew up into the elite QB that Bears fans want Cutler to be. The best example you can hope for is Rich Gannon(also Trestman linked). However if Cutler does it he will be yet another in a short line of exceptions and FAR from the rule.

McCown. Only had two 100 passer rating gamnes before but had 6 last year and people think he will be good in Tampa too. I think that counts

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
starship-troopers-o.gif

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Not only does he have arguably the league’s best receiving tandem in Brandon Marshall (who Bovada gives 66/1 odds of winning MVP honors) and Alshon Jeffery, but he also has tight end Martellus Bennett and running back duo Matt Forte (also 66/1) and rookie Ka’Deem Carey supporting him.

The Bears will report to training camp in Bourbonnais on July 24, and their first preseason game will take place on August 8 against the Philadelphia Eagles.
So Cutler, Marshall and Forte ALL have 66/1 odds of winning the MVP? Hmm...