Cutler Has 6th Best Odds of MVP Win

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How did this thread get to be seven pages long?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool story. My point still stands. There are not "plenty" of QB's in NFL history that didn't accomplish anything until they were 30, let alone blew up into the elite QB that Bears fans want Cutler to be. The best example you can hope for is Rich Gannon(also Trestman linked). However if Cutler does it he will be yet another in a short line of exceptions and FAR from the rule.

It's kind of interesting comparing him to Gannon. 8 years into Gannon's career he had 7,218 yards. Cutler has 23,937 yards.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How did this thread get to be seven pages long?

The word Cutler. Cutler invites people who don't want to talk about Cutler into talking about him even though they don't want to talk about him. To be fair though the people who don't want to talk about Cutler don't really care about him but they just don't want the fanboys talking about him so they talk about him to prevent the fanboys from talking about him in every Cutler thread but they really don't care about him because he is average and an average QB doesn't warrant discussion. So to prevent the fanboys from talking about the average QB they rush in every Cutler thread to stop them from talking about a QB they don't want to talk or care about because they care enough to prevent others from talking about him. This usually leads to gif's, insults and cherry picked stats mainly from the people who don't want to talk about Cutler because they care BUT not about Cutler but about others caring about Cutler because caring about Cutler leads to talking about him and they don't want to talk about Cutler because that means they care but they cant let others care about him because he is average and an average QB shouldn't be talked about

Did you get all that?

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Considering that most of you trolls consider everything short of winning a SB to be failure lets start with the ages of SB winning quarterbacks. If we lower expectations from SB to just gaudy stats then you can go ahead and do that legwork yourself. I don't have time to compile that list while at work.

Bart Starr won at 33 and 34 years old
John Elway won at 37 and 38 years old
Johnny Unitas won at 37 years old
Rodger Staubach won at 35 years old
Ken Stabler won at 31 years old
Jim Plunkett won at 36 years old
Len Dawson won at 34 years old

In fact 19 SB wins are attributed to quarterbacks 30 or older. Not that any of that matters since you're still going to troll anyways. Proceed.

Quite a list. Elway, Staubach, and Johnny U were the obvious ones but FT isn't one of the brightest trolls :slap:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The word Cutler. Cutler invites people who don't want to talk about Cutler into talking about him even though they don't want to talk about him. To be fair though the people who don't want to talk about Cutler don't really care about him but they just don't want the fanboys talking about him so they talk about him to prevent the fanboys from talking about him in every Cutler thread but they really don't care about him because he is average and an average QB doesn't warrant discussion. So to prevent the fanboys from talking about the average QB they rush in every Cutler thread to stop them from talking about a QB they don't want to talk or care about because they care enough to prevent others from talking about him. This usually leads to gif's, insults and cherry picked stats mainly from the people who don't want to talk about Cutler because they care BUT not about Cutler but about others caring about Cutler because caring about Cutler leads to talking about him and they don't want to talk about Cutler because that means they care but they cant let others care about him because he is average and an average QB shouldn't be talked about

Did you get all that?

I was in a meeting, but I'm pretty sure it was another C word this time around...

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This should be fun...

http://www.csnchicago.com/article/cutler-has-6th-best-odds-mvp-win

There are plenty of Chicago Bears fans that were scratching their heads after the team signed quarterback Jay Cutler to a seven-year contract extension in January, but according to oddsmakers that follow football, that money may be currency well-spent.

That’s because Bovada has Cutler pegged as having the sixth-best odds of winning the 2014 NFL MVP award according to their preseason rankings, with a 20/1 chance of winning the hardware.

Peyton Manning, quarterback for the defending AFC champion Denver Broncos, is the favorite at 3/1 odds, with Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints (11/2) and Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers (15/2) trailing him. Tom Brady (9/1) and Andrew Luck (16/1) round out the top five.

The odds may be in Cutler’s favor a bit because of the myriad of offensive weapons he has. Not only does he have arguably the league’s best receiving tandem in Brandon Marshall (who Bovada gives 66/1 odds of winning MVP honors) and Alshon Jeffery, but he also has tight end Martellus Bennett and running back duo Matt Forte (also 66/1) and rookie Ka’Deem Carey supporting him.

The Bears will report to training camp in Bourbonnais on July 24, and their first preseason game will take place on August 8 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

#Cuttydoesit #Cutty4MVP #SuperBearsSuperBowl

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
This thread is everything I expected it to be . Bravo , bravo.
Let's keep in mind Trestmans star qb in Montreal was up there in age as well. Anything is possible. I'm grading Cutty on a new scale that began last year. I don't care who you are, nobody was going to flourish in the crap offenses Jays been handed since coming to chicago. No excuses this year.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:

Did you get all that?[/QUOTE/]

Sums it up perfectly ,

Bones40

Liked Posts:
Plunkett: Valid

Doug Williams: Wrong. Williams resureccted his career with the Redskins but he had already been a successful QB in the NFL in his 20's with the Bucs

McCown: One year wonder thus far. Jury is out.

Brad Johnson: Was a 26 year old rookie and had some success in Minny in his 20's.

Jeff George: Had good seasons in Atlanta in his mid 20's.

Frank Reich: Never really accumulated enough sample size to say but in his only extended starting action as a 35 year old with the Jets(7 games) he was awful

Steve Fuller: LOL. WHAT?! Fuller never even played an NFL game as a 30 year old.

Mark Rypien: His best seasons came as a 27 and 29 year old.

Billy Kilmer: Valid

Ken Stabler: Was a multiple Pro Bowler and an All Pro at age 29.

Kurt Warner: by the time he was 30 had (2) PBs, an All Pro, a SB win, and an MVP

Rich Gannon: Had some solidish seasons as a 20 year old. Exploded as a mid 30 year old guy. Partial credit

Joe Kapp: Kapp broke into the NFL at 29 and was out of the league by the time he was 32. Also Kapp had already been an elite QB in the CFL. His success wasn't unprecedented.

....So yeah..I wouldn't say there are "plenty" of guys.

You claim Cutler hasn't done anything before the age of 30, yet Doug Williams had some "good years" in Tampa? You better go look at his numbers in Tampa again if you think he had some good years. His best year is way, way worse than Cutler's worst year. Brad Johnson had two terrible years and two years pretty comparable to Jay in his 20's. Jeff George had 2 years that were comparable to Cutler, five that were worse. None of those guys had the success Cutler has in his 20's, yet you say they had accomplished something in their 20's and Cutler hasn't. What gives?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck, someone joined simply to whine about Cutler! There is something novel in that concept...oh, wait...

And can't even properly read a stat sheet to see how many Ints Cutler has thrown no less. :smh:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck, someone joined simply to whine about Cutler! There is something novel in that concept...oh, wait...

And can't even properly read a stat sheet to see how many Ints Cutler has thrown no less. :smh:

He did number his points though...

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Or the fumbles

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He did number his points though...[/UPHe did that wrong too. Came on to complain about Cutler doesnt count his problems right

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
You claim Cutler hasn't done anything before the age of 30, yet Doug Williams had some "good years" in Tampa? You better go look at his numbers in Tampa again if you think he had some good years. His best year is way, way worse than Cutler's worst year. Brad Johnson had two terrible years and two years pretty comparable to Jay in his 20's. Jeff George had 2 years that were comparable to Cutler, five that were worse. None of those guys had the success Cutler has in his 20's, yet you say they had accomplished something in their 20's and Cutler hasn't. What gives?

Logic would be the correct answer.

Mad Hater

Liked Posts:
I'm a Cutler fan except I'm not waiting for "the year" as much as I'm waiting for "the team". I'll give Cutler haters credit where credits due, the guy had a lot of injuries last year which is simply not cool. How dare you get paid millions of dollars and get hurt. But let's face it the defense is what let us down and ultimately kept us out of it last year.

I think emery is doing a heck of a job getting him a supporting cast on the other side of the ball for this season.

I would be surprised if jay wins MVP, but definitely not out of the question. Jay is a smart quarterback with some sick weapons. He can extend plays and make plays with his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WCL

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
After years of not participating in Cutler threads I'd just like to take the time to tell bearmick and FirstTimer to go fuck themselves.

I love the fact that you will enjoy the Bears success this season less than me because of your hatred for Cutler. Keep telling yourself you won't.

Also, yes you both know more than Vegas lololol.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait to hear your excuse when Cutler misses games this year or falls short yet again with a 7-9 8-8 record. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have anything to go off of.

I don't believe you hope you are wrong.