Da Bears Ready for Primtime?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, looking at the schedules. The Bears have 6 prime time games and a 7th if you include the London game. Are they ready? This is the most in the league. Is Trubs over his vag and hamburgers phase? Are da Bears ready to do the superbowl shuffle again? Or will yall hopes be crushed in front of all of America? Not even trolling.

Mitchapalooza

merlin_149508444_f3f04d22-7ac4-4423-b234-6c61748ae4ae-articleLarge.jpg

mecha

Liked Posts:
I mean with exception to that flukey week 1 game, they won all their primetime games. they did the Sunday-to-Thursday gauntlet and won 3 division games in a row. I forgot they even finished 12-4, last season feels like so long ago to me already. given 2018 was like a half-baked team in flux, they were pretty awesome. I have good expectations for year 2 of the Nagy system(tm)

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally ready for the Primetime Games as they tend to favor strong defensive play and in case you have not noticed yet....defense is the Chicago Bears' jam! Too bad the Saints/Bears did not make it to a late start. Those two defenses head-to-head would be a blast.

Speaking of the Saints...has the OP began to worry about his QB yet? Sure looked long in the tooth down the stretch and is now a full decade removed from the Super Bowl MVP Season. Not trying to derail or troll...super cereal question.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, looking at the schedules. The Bears have 6 prime time games and a 7th if you include the London game. Are they ready? This is the most in the league. Is Trubs over his vag and hamburgers phase? Are da Bears ready to do the superbowl shuffle again? Or will yall hopes be crushed in front of all of America? Not even trolling.

Bears play Oakland at noon local time. That is not primetime. That is literally when 7 other games kick off at the same time. No one counts the London game as primetime.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
no thanks on this prime time shit. Give me a noon sunday game 15 times a year please.

Gotta agree. I know some fans like the spot light being on our team. And maybe the talking heads will actually watch our games and critique them better, but I like watching Sunday afternoon rather than staying up late Sunday, Monday, Thursday night watching a longer game.

And if you haven't seen it. Here's a massively over-hyped, pump up video about the schedule release:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears play Oakland at noon local time. That is not primetime. That is literally when 7 other games kick off at the same time. No one counts the London game as primetime.
It's prime time where they're playing. It's Oakland so the game itself should not be that great but teams do feel the effects from overseas play.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I know a lot changes in a year, but man, we play all the top teams: Saints, Rams, Eagles, KC, Chargers & Fudge Packers twice....

No cupcake schedule this year. Gotta put points on the board consistently.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Nagy football 201. Can't wait.

Yeah, it will be nice to see something more than well disguised Cohen screens. ARob, Gabriel, and Miller....only four 100 yard games between the three all season long. Nagy has to get these guys involved more.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I know a lot changes in a year, but man, we play all the top teams: Saints, Rams, Eagles, KC, Chargers & Fudge Packers twice....

No cupcake schedule this year. Gotta put points on the board consistently.
So you still consider the Packers a top team? Last year we played 8 games against teams with winning records in 2017 going 7-1. This year..... 8 games against teams with winning records in 2018.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
So you still consider the Packers a top team? Last year we played 8 games against teams with winning records in 2017 going 7-1. This year..... 8 games against teams with winning records in 2018.

Not really. I just included them because even shitty GB teams have a legit shot with Rodgers. They could get lucky and squeak in a win.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I am going to the game I love night games. The energy seems different. If I am not going to the game I don't like night games. Waiting around all day and then staying up late isn't my preference.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will the Saints be bounced out of the playoffs in dramatic fashion for a third year in a row? Not even trolling.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
N
Yeah, it will be nice to see something more than well disguised Cohen screens. ARob, Gabriel, and Miller....only four 100 yard games between the three all season long. Nagy has to get these guys involved more.

Nope. I don't give a shit how they get wins only that they get wins. Teams have a much harder time having to deal with a spread the ball offense over offenses that routinely feature one player that gets the bulk of the touches. I couldn't care less if that means few 100+ yard receiving games from players.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally ready for the Primetime Games as they tend to favor strong defensive play and in case you have not noticed yet....defense is the Chicago Bears' jam! Too bad the Saints/Bears did not make it to a late start. Those two defenses head-to-head would be a blast.

Speaking of the Saints...has the OP began to worry about his QB yet? Sure looked long in the tooth down the stretch and is now a full decade removed from the Super Bowl MVP Season. Not trying to derail or troll...super cereal question.
Brees arm has been dead for years. I wanted us to draft a QB 4 years ago. lol