Da Bears Ready for Primtime?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears play Oakland at noon local time. That is not primetime. That is literally when 7 other games kick off at the same time. No one counts the London game as primetime.
Tomato, potato Gremlin

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
N

Nope. I don't give a shit how they get wins only that they get wins. Teams have a much harder time having to deal with a spread the ball offense over offenses that routinely feature one player that gets the bulk of the touches. I couldn't care less if that means few 100+ yard receiving games from players.

Not relying on Cohen so much & getting our actual WRs more involved was my whole point. Have WRs who only have a big game once a year is not enough to me. Different guys could have a big game from week to week. That only happened in 4 games last year.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Normally when the schedule comes out and if everyone is saying it looks easy, I don't totally agree, and if everyone is saying it is hard, I don't totally agree. This year this schedule looks brutally hard.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not relying on Cohen so much & getting our actual WRs more involved was my whole point. Have WRs who only have a big game once a year is not enough to me. Different guys could have a big game from week to week. That only happened in 4 games last year.

Fair enough. If Trubisky takes another step forward in the offense then his passing totals will rise along with that receiving yardage you want to see. We'll see what happens but this schedule is no joke. I'm not exactly expecting many more 100+ yard performances than before.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I know a lot changes in a year, but man, we play all the top teams: Saints, Rams, Eagles, KC, Chargers & Fudge Packers twice....

No cupcake schedule this year. Gotta put points on the board consistently.
We go thru this every year, not sure why people get so worked up over the schedule. One or two of those reams you mentioned will play worse than expected, it happens every year.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This schedule will certainly be a challenge, but this team really is good enough to revel in the spotlight rather than shrink in it. They did well last year in prime time. Logically speaking, they should be even better this year, although I’m prepared for the win-loss record to not necessarily reflect that.

But this is going to be a fun, challenging season. I intend to just enjoy it. Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Pat Mahomes, London, Thanksgiving, Opening Game, Sunday Night, Monday Night, Nagy-Reid, Rams/Bears Pt 2—They won’t win all of them, but this is gonna be fun as hell. The storylines write themselves.

Whether the Bears go 8-8 or 13-3, enjoy the ride—This is a fun time to be a Bears fan.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The next step too is to get the STs as possibly potent as the two other phases. Possibly Patterson can break a few for us as well as Cohen and we become that kick the ball AWAY from them team, again, that consistently obtains advantageous Field position.

Add in there some tweaking and second yearness in Nagy's scheme and the O should be a screamin 7L crossin the Quarter from the start.

I feel a 2nd Cohen type at possibly 5'10 and 210 with speed in the 4/4s and even more impressive burst for 10yds will really take this O to the second level This Year. We also need to get "another' TE like Burton or use Wims out there More in that capacity.

Hopefully Pagano can tweak the D to blitz more especially with Ha Ha and Jackson back there to rotate assignments. I am really jacked for this upcoming season. Can you tell ??

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The embarrassing thing about this thread ... is that the Bears were ready for prime time last year. Furthermore, had the Saints won that game instead of that terrible call, it wouldn't have mattered as the Bears would have shut them down ... just like the Rams.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Totally ready for the Primetime Games as they tend to favor strong defensive play and in case you have not noticed yet....defense is the Chicago Bears' jam! Too bad the Saints/Bears did not make it to a late start. Those two defenses head-to-head would be a blast.

Speaking of the Saints...has the OP began to worry about his QB yet? Sure looked long in the tooth down the stretch and is now a full decade removed from the Super Bowl MVP Season. Not trying to derail or troll...super cereal question.
Barnwell did a study on a Brees' last month and Manning's last month of 2014. He came to the conclusion that Manning's awful 2015 season was foreshadowed in late 2014. Brees had similar Manning '14 stats late in 2018. Might be Brees' last season....

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Barnwell did a study on a Brees' last month and Manning's last month of 2014. He came to the conclusion that Manning's awful 2015 season was foreshadowed in late 2014. Brees had similar Manning '14 stats late in 2018. Might be Brees' last season....

Interesting. When Manning was on the Broncos, I always expected him to fall off a cliff because he lost his arm strength after the neck injury. Its kind of amazing that he lasted as long as he did. The 2nd half of Manning's 2014 wasn't very good, but it still wasn't nearly as bad as his 2015 season...so to say it was "foreshadowed" is probably a stretch.

Brees didn't do as well in late 2018, but neither did the Saints in general. They had won 10 games in a row and were the best team in the NFL, but then they lost to Dallas and never really regained their spark. Brees wasn't great in the postseason, but he wasn't terrible either. I would be surprised if Brees had a "Peyton Manning drop" next year, but who knows.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Interesting. When Manning was on the Broncos, I always expected him to fall off a cliff because he lost his arm strength after the neck injury. Its kind of amazing that he lasted as long as he did. The 2nd half of Manning's 2014 wasn't very good, but it still wasn't nearly as bad as his 2015 season...so to say it was "foreshadowed" is probably a stretch.

Brees didn't do as well in late 2018, but neither did the Saints in general. They had won 10 games in a row and were the best team in the NFL, but then they lost to Dallas and never really regained their spark. Brees wasn't great in the postseason, but he wasn't terrible either. I would be surprised if Brees had a "Peyton Manning drop" next year, but who knows.
That's true. Manning also had injuries that expedited his drop off. I'll try to find the article and post later

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think it's interesting that many responses are positive and expect Nagy to "tweak" his offense a bit here and there while simultaneously expecting Mitch to up his game. What if Mitch doesn't? In the spirit of the OP, what if he is still missing deep throws and going through long stretches of inaccuracy as the defense forces him off his first couple of reads?

This to me is everything.

Nagy can scheme cute all he wants and it is fun and I enjoy it, but if a defense can frustrate Mitch the scheme falls apart and Nagy can only draw up 2-3 "gotcha" gimmick plays a week. The offense was by far the biggest question mark heading into the playoffs last year and it still is heading into 2019. I don't "expect" anything so much as I am "concerned" that we have a lack of progress in the offense (not a given) as well as a regression in defense (even if just a little)