DJ Williams

bearmuff

Liked Posts:
I've notice a lot of people having DJ Williams penciled in as our starting middle linebacker. But I struggle to believe this will last.

DJ is on the wrong side of 30 and is coming off a season ending injury. During his best days in Denver he was using animal urine to pass drug tests. It is very possible this was to mask steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.

I just don't see his body holding up.

What are your thoughts?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hope to see Shea at MLB.

Haters are gonna recognize maybe by next season. He'll be outside this season imo.

Also, great thread bearmuff, I hope it doesn't get ruined by drama, cliques, or bros.

Reactions: WCL

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was actually reading the other day about Bostic having just as good a chance at starting as Williams. Scary, huh?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its going to be Shea bastic and Briggs as our starters

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
Williams and Bostic are two sides of the same coin fighting for the same position. They both have to prove it.

Williams no doubt has shown he can play, but has to show that he can continue to do so or at least physically stay on the field. Things can change so quickly in the NFL. This time last year we were still expecting a few good years out of Peppers. Two/Three years ago we still had Urlacher successfully manning the middle.

Bostic on the otherhand has all the physical traits you could ask for, just has to show that he can play at this level. His biggest problem was just that the game was moving too fast for him and he was sprinting to catch up, putting himself out of position more often than not. Hopefully it slows down a little for him in his second season playing behind a true NFL d-line, allowing him to sprint to the right position instead of past it.

Either of these guys can be the answer, but until they show it the MIKE position will be a question mark.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Williams as the starter when he's not hurt. He did some nice things last year. Staying healthy is a problem though. They have lot's of young guys in that position, might as well let the vets handle it and give them more time to learn. We don't need another situation like Bostic and Greene going in before they're ready.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've notice a lot of people having DJ Williams penciled in as our starting middle linebacker. But I struggle to believe this will last.

DJ is on the wrong side of 30 and is coming off a season ending injury. During his best days in Denver he was using animal urine to pass drug tests. It is very possible this was to mask steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.

I just don't see his body holding up.

What are your thoughts?
Well i think since all the reports that are coming out are saying that Bostic is looking like a starting middle linebacker and looking better than DJ then i'd have to say that it's looking like he might be backing Bostic up this year.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Well i think since all the reports that are coming out are saying that Bostic is looking like a starting middle linebacker and looking better than DJ then i'd have to say that it's looking like he might be backing Bostic up this year.
I'm sure he would start over DJ.. Ya know, like, when they are running around in shorts and helmets.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
DJ is such an amazing linebacker that Tucker had him watch from the sidelines every time we went to nickel.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
DJ is such an amazing linebacker that Tucker had him watch from the sidelines every time we went to nickel.

Yup..That Tucker is a great talent evaluator...I mean, he was balls out in Jax

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I don't think we can count on DJ or Ratliff for anything this season. Both are on the wrong side of 30, have had multiple season ending injuries of late, and haven't had a competent season for 3 years. We need Emery's defensive draft picks to pan out, desperately. Which is mildly worrisome.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Williams and Bostic are two sides of the same coin fighting for the same position. They both have to prove it.

Williams no doubt has shown he can play, but has to show that he can continue to do so or at least physically stay on the field. Things can change so quickly in the NFL. This time last year we were still expecting a few good years out of Peppers. Two/Three years ago we still had Urlacher successfully manning the middle.

Bostic on the otherhand has all the physical traits you could ask for, just has to show that he can play at this level. His biggest problem was just that the game was moving too fast for him and he was sprinting to catch up, putting himself out of position more often than not. Hopefully it slows down a little for him in his second season playing behind a true NFL d-line, allowing him to sprint to the right position instead of past it.

Either of these guys can be the answer, but until they show it the MIKE position will be a question mark.

Actually, that was the exact opposite of Bostic's problem. He was constantly over pursuing and over thinking things taking himself out of position. He was the one moving to fast, perhaps as a result of expecting to find the game moving faster than it actually was. He just needs to settle down, let the play develop, then react.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Actually, that was the exact opposite of Bostic's problem. He was constantly over pursuing and over thinking things taking himself out of position. He was the one moving to fast, perhaps as a result of expecting to find the game moving faster than it actually was. He just needs to settle down, let the play develop, then react.

Thats what happens when you have to take away the sideline and the cutback at the same time... either you are the bad guy for depending on your Safety to get outside and come up and make the play... or you are the bad guy for getting outside and forcing the cutback which goes right up the hole you originally had plugged...

Either way he became one of the scapegoats for an awful defense... Bears fans giving this kid any of the blame should have their heads checked...

you cant name a linebacker in the last 20 years who stepped into a worse situation in his rookie year...

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:

True. What I was trying to say was that mentally he was a step behind so he would try to use his speed to make up for it, more often than not leading to him overrunning plays and being out of position. Here's to hoping he feels more comfortable this year and is able to use his speed and athleticism to his advantage.