Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
DJ Williams has proven he can play mike in the NFL, no one else on this team can say that.

Bostic, and Shea are light years behind DJ. If things change like, injuries or Shea proving he can play in the league, then time to re-think things. But right now, Shea and Bostic have shown no reason at all either should play MLB for the Bears.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
DJ or Bostic in the middle...........camp battle, let compitition declare the winner.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
DJ Williams has proven he can play mike in the NFL, no one else on this team can say that.

If by "proven he can play mike in the NFL" you mean he has "proven he can be a liability against the run and so bad in pass coverage he has to be pulled off the field", then I agree with you

RM22

Liked Posts:
Actually, that was the exact opposite of Bostic's problem. He was constantly over pursuing and over thinking things taking himself out of position. He was the one moving to fast, perhaps as a result of expecting to find the game moving faster than it actually was. He just needs to settle down, let the play develop, then react.

EXACTLY. I feel like he was playing to account for something that could have been accounted for at his regular pace. His other downfall was disengaging and shedding blockers, he got mauled regularly in the run game. I want Bostic to win the spot and continue to develop, it's whats best for him and the future of our team.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think we can count on DJ or Ratliff for anything this season. Both are on the wrong side of 30, have had multiple season ending injuries of late, and haven't had a competent season for 3 years. We need Emery's defensive draft picks to pan out, desperately. Which is mildly worrisome.

Why worry? This board has already declared we are going to the nfc championship game.

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:

Bostic, and Shea are light years behind DJ. If things change like, injuries or Shea proving he can play in the league, then time to re-think things. But right now, Shea and Bostic have shown no reason at all either should play MLB for the Bears.

He's proven he can do it. He has to prove he can do it now. Didn't an article from OTAs say that at one point it was Williams and McClellin in the base with Bostic taking them out in the nickel package? Obviously best man wins the spots, but a look like that wouldn't surprise me and I think could potentially be dangerous.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't think we can count on DJ or Ratliff for anything this season. Both are on the wrong side of 30, have had multiple season ending injuries of late, and haven't had a competent season for 3 years. We need Emery's defensive draft picks to pan out, desperately. Which is mildly worrisome.
You're crazy Ratliff is gonna have a great season this year and if DJ can stay healthy he can still be a serviceable starter.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
True. What I was trying to say was that mentally he was a step behind so he would try to use his speed to make up for it, more often than not leading to him overrunning plays and being out of position. Here's to hoping he feels more comfortable this year and is able to use his speed and athleticism to his advantage.

But, again, that's the opposite of what I think his problem was.

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bostic is brimming with potential, but when thrust into the Mike spot he looked awful.
DJ didn't look great but looked serviceable.
Bostic should only get the nod over DJ if the coaches are damn sure he isn't gonna shit himself and can at least be serviceable.

I got a feeling so long as Bostic doesn't look bad in TC he will start over DJ just to make room for McClellin at Sam.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Thats what happens when you have to take away the sideline and the cutback at the same time... either you are the bad guy for depending on your Safety to get outside and come up and make the play... or you are the bad guy for getting outside and forcing the cutback which goes right up the hole you originally had plugged...

Either way he became one of the scapegoats for an awful defense... Bears fans giving this kid any of the blame should have their heads checked...
Y
you cant name a linebacker in the last 20 years who stepped into a worse situation in his rookie year...
Your anti Williams hate and pro Bostic thing needs to chill brah. I don't know if you read too many draft analysis of Bostic or something, but he's not that good. Phil even said he's a 3 position LB and OPNELY admitted he may be better suited for OLB.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I've notice a lot of people having DJ Williams penciled in as our starting middle linebacker. But I struggle to believe this will last.

DJ is on the wrong side of 30 and is coming off a season ending injury. During his best days in Denver he was using animal urine to pass drug tests. It is very possible this was to mask steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.

I just don't see his body holding up.

What are your thoughts?

Shwhat?!?

JD Williams used dog urine to pass his drug tests in Denver? You mean he had a container of dog piss and did the switcharoo? Why would he use dog piss instead of another man's piss who wasn't taking steroids? There's no DNA test along with a pee test.

D.J. Williams issues statement in response to suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
william-e1331336104237.jpg
Getty Images
Within the past hour, multiple reports surfaced that multiple Broncos will be suspended to start the 2012 season.
One of those Broncos — linebacker D.J. Williams — has issued a statement regarding his six-game suspension.

“I understand from media reports today that the NFL has announced a suspension based on a specimen that the NFL acknowledges did not contain steroids or any illegal substance,” Williams says in a statement forwarded to PFT by his lawyer, Peter Ginsber. “Instead, the NFL contends that I provided a non-human specimen. I have never failed a test of any kind – for steroids or illegal substances – during my eight-year pro career. I am proud of my record and proud of the way in which I conduct myself as a professional athlete and citizen. We proved — conclusively — at the NFL hearing on this matter that the NFL and its specimen collector wholly failed in their duties to safeguard and process my specimen properly. In fact, the specimen collector was fired by the NFL after compromising my specimen as well as others’. The hearing officer, an NFL executive, ignored the NFL’s own Policy, engaged in inappropriate communications with top NFL officials about this matter without my knowledge or approval, corrupted the system, ignored that my specimen had been compromised, and now has subjected me to humiliation as well as suspension. We will be vigorously pursuing my rights in the judicial system. My suspension is unjust; the NFL has undermined and corrupted its own steroid policy.”

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Bostic is brimming with potential, but when thrust into the Mike spot he looked awful.
DJ didn't look great but looked serviceable.
Bostic should only get the nod over DJ if the coaches are damn sure he isn't gonna shit himself and can at least be serviceable.

I got a feeling so long as Bostic doesn't look bad in TC he will start over DJ just to make room for McClellin at Sam.

???

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Way to elaborate your confusion.

I have a feeling that politics might get involved here.
I find it possible that the
Bears won't want to label McClellin a bust and prove Emery fucked up.
If Bostic and McClellin both only vie for SLB then Bostic may very well beat McClellin leaving a 1st round draftpick riding the pine.
Unless Shea somehow lands MLB which so far looks even more slim than beating Bostic at SLB.

Looks better for the Bears if their 2nd round LB who started at MLB for most of last season made strides to supplant an aging FA with injury issues leaving their
1st rounder McClellin with a free ride into the SLB position.

Just my opinion that things may play out like that. Although I'd rather best man win and continue to develop the rest.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Shea is not winning the mlber job. No way. He is going to be SLB with Bostic at MLB. I'm predicting Bostic bears out DJ due to health and speed. Of course then Briggs.

Liked Posts:
If he's healthy, he starts. DJ was a damn good linebacker. It's baffling some people don't see him as a above average LB.

fixed...And that's when he was on PED's also. I highly doubt that Williams is going to be an above average LB when he's in clear decline & no longer able to get through a urinalysis with cat piss.

I'd rather sink or swim with Greene/Bostic/Jones than waste anymore time with either one Williams of McClellin. I think McClellin is going to look decent enough in preseason to convince people that he'll fit as a LB & once meaningful regular season play kicks in the move ends up going south quick. I would bet on it.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm not sure why Briggs isn't mentioned as a Mike. Emery stated Bostic was made for the WLB, Briggs has played MLB before. Why wait a year to make that change? I think the guy calling the plays should be in the middle of the defense anyway. Minimizes Conte'esque mistakes...

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
You're crazy Ratliff is gonna have a great season this year and if DJ can stay healthy he can still be a serviceable starter.

I hope so, but there is really nothing to base that on except sheer optimism inspired by game tape from 2011.

Celks

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why Briggs isn't mentioned as a Mike. Emery stated Bostic was made for the WLB, Briggs has played MLB before. Why wait a year to make that change? I think the guy calling the plays should be in the middle of the defense anyway. Minimizes Conte'esque mistakes...

I don't think Briggs is going to be calling the plays this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If healthy, Willliams can be an effective, good, adequate MLB on an abover average to good defense. Nothing more. The DL and secondary required to much attention to adress MLB in the off season. Staying healthy may be an issue but he'll be fine if healthy. He won't be on the roster next year and if someone else, Bostic/SM, steps up he could be replaced during the season. But, for now, its fine.