Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm too lazy to read the thread. Has anyone mentioned Henry Burris yet?
It is Run and Shit, so the gist is pretty much every failed black QB was a result of bad personnel, bad coaching, or bad situation. But of course done with hard to read "sentences." On a positive note, he seems to have figured out the new sites multiquote function.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
As for Williams comments, I think the point he was making is that a black QB that hasn't been drafted as the eventual starter (rules out guys like Mahommes and Jackson who are first round picks) are less likely to become back-up QBs and develop. I think anecdotally there is some truth to that because in a lot of cases, that black QB is athletic enough to play another position so more than likely if the coaching staff isn't immediately convinced the dude is a QB, they are likely to ask him to change positions to get that athleticism on the field. Often times then, it is left to the black QB to decide how hard he wants to push being a QB and perhaps risk being accused of not being a team player vs taking one for the time and trying to help the team immediately.

Not sure it is a racial thing so much as it is an athleticism thing. It just so happens that black QBs are more athletic on average than their white counterparts so likely asked to move more often than a white QB. Although we saw this with Tebow where some thought he fit better at FB or TE.
Imagine someone asked Glennon to become a WR or something

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Imagine someone asked Glennon to become a WR or something
remydat said:

As for Williams comments, I think the point he was making is that a black QB that hasn't been drafted as the eventual starter (rules out guys like Mahommes and Jackson who are first round picks) are less likely to become back-up QBs and develop. I think anecdotally there is some truth to that because in a lot of cases, that black QB is athletic enough to play another position so more than likely if the coaching staff isn't immediately convinced the dude is a QB, they are likely to ask him to change positions to get that athleticism on the field. Often times then, it is left to the black QB to decide how hard he wants to push being a QB and perhaps risk being accused of not being a team player vs taking one for the time and trying to help the team immediately.

Not sure it is a racial thing so much as it is an athleticism thing. It just so happens that black QBs are more athletic on average than their white counterparts so likely asked to move more often than a white QB. Although we saw this with Tebow where some thought he fit better at FB or TE.

Briggs Click this link..... it leads to post #115

"damned if ya' do, damned if ya' don't".

Yang Gang!?

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So perhaps you will actually answer the question this time. Do you understand why 47 throws is not a significant enough sample to form a conclusion?

Already been over this. Repeating yourself doesn't make it any more logical. Again, I didn't realize that when discussing a QB controversy, you choose the season based on number of throws, not when the QB controversy took place.

I can only imagine how much better Trubisky's 2016 stats would have been had that not been his first season as a starter. If he had been able to start and gain experience in 2015, Trubisky and UNC would have been MUCH better in 2016. Just look a the jump Trubisky made with the Bears after getting some experience.

Its odd that in Trubisky's first year as a starter he's already putting up numbers that are "not far off" (i.e. noticeably better) from the numbers a Senior 3-year starter put up, yet this aspect is completely ignored. Makes no sense. For example, if I have a sophomore LB who is "not far off" (i.e. better) in production of a senior LB, wouldn't it make more sense to play the sophomore, because you would expect him to get better and then you have a better LB for the next two years?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I believe it had been mentioned that part of Fedoras strategy of not starting Trubisky over Williams even though the major consensus was Mitch was better was that he would gain an extra year with Trubisky by using a capable Williams. He never thought Mitch would show so much to be a high first in one year of starts. It never really happened before, so his idea was well founded, just wrong.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Here let me ask to remove all doubt. Do you personally think Williams being selected over Trubs was not based on merit?

Already been over this ad nauseum. I personally had no opinion on who had more merit to be the starter since I personally had not enough info. The writers thought one had more merit over the other and other writers had it vice versa.

That YOU personally don't see how it fits or helps is irrelevant since:

a) You are not airtime and was not even who I was talking with at all

b) You are a complete moron who very often fails to see how phrases interconnect to form cohesive thoughts and you lose track of the context and discussion altogether to the point where no one could reasonably be expected to ensure that remy will be able to see how it all fits or how this point here helps the overall point there. It would be like explaining algebra to a preschooler and blaming the teacher for the toddler's lack of comprehension.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
1. You lied in pretending the comparison was about 2015 Trubs.

I'm not sure how I lied, when I lied, or what I would even by "lying" about.

I made fun of your argument because you simply "skipped over" the 2015 season because it was "insignificant". I said this to you, verbatim, over and over. Now you are telling me that I pretended your comparison was about 2015 Trubs. HUH? My whole point was that your comparison WASN'T about 2015 Trubs.

The phrase "dumbest thing ever" has lost its heft in this thread, and I would hate to keep using the same term over and over, but the above just might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on CCS, in part because it is so unnecessary. You are now 'arguing' about what I was 'arguing about'. A new low in superfluousness.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If what he said is not accurate or even a "lie" how exactly is it "racist???"

Thanks in advance for your explanation.
Williams said he would like to see more black QB's as backups, holding a clipboard and learning. I brought up Jackson and Mahomes because they are the most recent examples of black QB's that started out holding a clipboard and learning on their way to be starting QB's. Williams said he would like to see more black backup QB's, I didn't. If he had said he would like to see more backup QB's hold a clipboard and learn on their way to becoming a starting QB then there would be no racial factor. If you can't see anything racist about what Williams said then you are part of the problem. Racism is unacceptable, no matter who it is or what race they are.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Williams said he would like to see more black QB's as backups, holding a clipboard and learning. I brought up Jackson and Mahomes because they are the most recent examples of black QB's that started out holding a clipboard and learning on their way to be starting QB's. Williams said he would like to see more black backup QB's, I didn't. If he had said he would like to see more backup QB's hold a clipboard and learn on their way to becoming a starting QB then there would be no racial factor. If you can't see anything racist about what Williams said then you are part of the problem. Racism is unacceptable, no matter who it is or what race they are.
Wait, so you think that he believes the African race is superior to white people?

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, so you think that he believes the African race is superior to white people?
I don't know about that but I'm guessing he believes black athletes are superior to white athletes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I believe it had been mentioned that part of Fedoras strategy of not starting Trubisky over Williams even though the major consensus was Mitch was better was that he would gain an extra year with Trubisky by using a capable Williams. He never thought Mitch would show so much to be a high first in one year of starts. It never really happened before, so his idea was well founded, just wrong.

Yeah this is just speculation not fact. His strategy for starting Williams was simple. He was 2nd team All ACC the year before and had the numbers that warranted his starting. Not sure why people looking for other reasons. You don't just sit a guy coming off 3,800 yards and 34 TDs combined.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Already been over this. Repeating yourself doesn't make it any more logical. Again, I didn't realize that when discussing a QB controversy, you choose the season based on number of throws, not when the QB controversy took place.

I can only imagine how much better Trubisky's 2016 stats would have been had that not been his first season as a starter. If he had been able to start and gain experience in 2015, Trubisky and UNC would have been MUCH better in 2016. Just look a the jump Trubisky made with the Bears after getting some experience.

Its odd that in Trubisky's first year as a starter he's already putting up numbers that are "not far off" (i.e. noticeably better) from the numbers a Senior 3-year starter put up, yet this aspect is completely ignored. Makes no sense. For example, if I have a sophomore LB who is "not far off" (i.e. better) in production of a senior LB, wouldn't it make more sense to play the sophomore, because you would expect him to get better and then you have a better LB for the next two years?

UNC were ACC title contenders, they didn't have the luxury of sitting a guy that was the best Quarterback in the conference outside of Jameis Winston (Watson only played 8 games) to work through Trubisky's growing pains. Fedora's job is to win and based on prior production, Williams was the best chance of winning going into 2015.

But I am glad you are supporting my point now. The fact you recognize that his 2016 numbers were affected by it being his first season as starter is once again why Fedora went with the more experienced player. If UNC had been knocked out of title contention earlier then they may have switched to Trubs but they were 11-1 going into the ACC title game hence why he stuck with the proven All ACC QB.

Last edited:

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based upon what?
What was the basis for his statement? Does he believe black and white athletes are equal but there should be more black backup QB's for entertainment purposes? It's pretty obvious what the intent of Williams comments are.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What was the basis for his statement? Does he believe black and white athletes are equal but there should be more black backup QB's for entertainment purposes? It's pretty obvious what the intent of Williams comments are.
You might be projecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.