ESPN analyst- bears had worst offseason

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Damien Woody and John Fox both claim the bears had the worst offseason in the nfl. Woody because we lost Fangio therefore defense will take a step back and they set up our offense with so many turnovers.
Fox because we need a good kicker.

It seems a little absurd to me to consider the bears had the worst offseason. Defense will probably take a little step back, but our talent on defense is phenomenal and should be top 5 almost no matter who the coordinator is. And yeah we should have addressed kicker better, but really worst offseason because of that??

I’d say giants and Steelers both had rough ones. Raiders a losers regardless of what they do, they also have zero direction with their moves. Miami looks awful.

Any thoughts?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I think our defense will have very similar numbers from last year but because sos is alot higher it might end up being slightly worse or the same. We have some talent brewing bilal Nichols toliver i think haha Clinton is an upgrade leonard floyd is going to need to show something if he wants to truly get paid longterm

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Talking heads see we really didn't add a top name in FA and didn't have a 1st or 2nd rd pick and assume we will be worse.

Because the teams that "win" the FA sweepstakes (like Detoilet) always end up better...lol

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a lot of avenues to add talent this off-season but it's still a solid young roster. I dont love trading up as a draft strategy, but other than that I think Pace did a good job overall with the assets he had available. If we're fretting over a kicker you know that the roster is probably pretty good overall.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think our defense will have very similar numbers from last year but because sos is alot higher it might end up being slightly worse or the same. We have some talent brewing bilal Nichols toliver i think haha Clinton is an upgrade leonard floyd is going to need to show something if he wants to truly get paid longterm

Speaking of Floyd, I read earlier he's beefed up to like 251.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Damien Woody and John Fox both claim the bears had the worst offseason in the nfl. Woody because we lost Fangio therefore defense will take a step back and they set up our offense with so many turnovers.
Fox because we need a good kicker.

It seems a little absurd to me to consider the bears had the worst offseason. Defense will probably take a little step back, but our talent on defense is phenomenal and should be top 5 almost no matter who the coordinator is. And yeah we should have addressed kicker better, but really worst offseason because of that??

I’d say giants and Steelers both had rough ones. Raiders a losers regardless of what they do, they also have zero direction with their moves. Miami looks awful.

Any thoughts?

Steelers are rough absolutely. Them and the New York Jets have my vote for worst. Raiders signed Antonio Brown and that's a win for them putting them above the worst. Miami looks to be as good or bad as Rosen so time will tell but I would not be too optimistic if I was a Phins fan.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see a drop off due to Fangio leaving. IMO He is the best D coordinator in the NFL and that is why most fans were hoping he would stay in Chicago.
Still, barring a rash of injuries the biggest drop I could see would be to top a 10 D. The talent on D is just too good.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their reasoning for Why is what has my toes wiggling and tummy spasming.

I expect nothing but the most stupid possible human analysis from a panel with John Fox on it. Even your producer has to be a dumb fuck to conceive of some possible value having a gassy old fat wind bag who knows less about modern football than John Madden on meth and makes about as much sense.

A kicker? And trading Fangio for Pagano?

A kicker who wants to remain employed in the NFL cannot have a worse year than Parkey. Parkey's year was the worst you will see, except when you are on the recycle kicker treadmill. Once one sticks things will settle down.

He didn't deserve to come back.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong here I like Fangio but his defense is great when he has great players. His 1st year here the Bears ranked 20th in overall defense, his 2nd year they ranked 24th. Then the talent started to roll in and they went to 9th. What happens to the 9th ranked defense in the NFL when you add Roquan Smith and Khalil Mack?

When he was the d coordinator in San Fran they had great players all over the place as well. It's about the Jimmy's and the Joe's not the X's and the O's. Bears defense will be fine.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see a drop off due to Fangio leaving. IMO He is the best D coordinator in the NFL and that is why most fans were hoping he would stay in Chicago.
Still, barring a rash of injuries the biggest drop I could see would be to top a 10 D. The talent on D is just too good.

Meh. I don't see that.

Fangs is blunt, a little deceptive, and knows how to adapt his general philosophies to what is going on in the trendy NFL.

That means he is highly competent and doesn't make blunders. Has organized guys on the field that know what they are doing.

I've always pounded his drum but he is way too vanilla, his record in big games and playoff games is not good enough, he hasn't won the big one, he lacks emotional touch with his players at times, and his scheme protects safeties while exposing some other parts a bit. corners/de's. He has almost always had elite players on his D-line, and when he didn't his defense sucked just like everyone elses.

Top 10. Top 5 maybe.

But the guy we brought in is competent too, and more aggressive.

I think the way Pagano utilizes the same players, while Fangs gets Miller in Denver...

lets talk about this after the year.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Talking heads see we really didn't add a top name in FA and didn't have a 1st or 2nd rd pick and assume we will be worse.

Because the teams that "win" the FA sweepstakes (like Detoilet) always end up better...lol
We???
U are a lions fan who jumped ship last year lmfaooo

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Sorry, what's sos? Not sure what your first sentence means.

Yeah, Floyd should improve. I think Dix will be an upgrade. Nichols, RRH and Irving have noticeably been improving. But we're probably taking a dip at DC and NB.