Favorite Bears WR?

Crusher17

Liked Posts:
Jeffrey and it's not even close

Alshon by a large margin. Damn crazy work ethic , country style, and the damndest long arms and hands that hang on to the ball. He is instant replay magic and has a lot of crowds to please this and every year.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Don't understand the Waddle love. That's more of an indictment of how bad the Bears were in the early to mid 90's than Waddle being good. The nostalgia of youth seems to be flowing with that pick for favorite WR. He would have had a hard time starting anywhere else in the NFL. Was it Muhsin Muhammad who said Chicago is were wide receivers go to die? I think Tom Waddle being a hometown favorite drives that statement home.

But hey, we have fans that think Matt Forte is overrated so nothing is surprising.
doesn't make u an idiot to have a fav player who was a guy u liked as a young fella and thought was cool... its called being a fan

malcore

BQB9HN8.jpg

winterwarz

Everyone understands the difference between favorite and best, right?

Some people like Waddle. This doesn't mean he's better than Marshall.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone understands the difference between favorite and best, right?

Some people like Waddle. This doesn't mean he's better than Marshall.
Totally.

I just didn't think it was possible to find Waddle a more likeable human being than Brandon Marshall, but if you do...okie dokie.

Maybe I am unfair with Tommy because he came along at a time where I was all bitter about the shit show being trotted out there after getting rather spoiled in the eighties, but 87 did not do anything for me.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
This right here is why some chose waddle. He played with heart and had an iron will to stay on the field regardless of how banged up. People can relate to it in some form or fashion, esp blue collar America. its really that simple
Tom Waddle 1991 Season Playoff Game vs Dallas: [video=youtube_share;bbVU-HLjZ5Q]http://youtu.be/bbVU-HLjZ5Q[/video]

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
why has that monk guy not been mentioned

winterwarz

Totally.

I just didn't think it was possible to find Waddle a more likeable human being than Brandon Marshall, but if you do...okie dokie.

Maybe I am unfair with Tommy because he came along at a time where I was all bitter about the shit show being trotted out there after getting rather spoiled in the eighties, but 87 did not do anything for me.

So now it's most likable WR? Waddle isn't my favorite either. I just find it humorous that people are questioning the choices of others. It's completely subjective.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So now it's most likable WR? Waddle isn't my favorite either. I just find it humorous that people are questioning the choices of others. It's completely subjective.

If we do a safety thread I'll be copy and pasting your avatar.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
My fav to watch was Moose Mushin Mohammad. He was short lived, but his body control was so impressive to watch.

Besides Moose, it was fun to watch Mike Hass' amazing preseason catches. I liked non-WR receivers like Dennis Gentry.

Liked Posts:
I don't know who the Show is (I'm assuming Alshon? - I don't get into nicknames and that kind of stuff), but Marcus robinson was as physically talented as any receiver in Bears history. Injuries killed his career.

Top 3 in terms of talent (in no particular order) - MRob, Jeffery and Marshall

My top 3 favorite - Jeffery, Booker, Berrian (memories from '06)

Honestly I'd love to have a WR just like Berrian right now to stretch the field. A couple of posters on here sent me the 2006 NFCD Round & NFCC Game. He and Grossman had the long ball to a science.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Willie Gault had legit track star speed and as a matter of fact he is still fast. The man still runs track events sometimes and he still has burner speed. That is impressive. Its hard not to pick Brandon Marshall because he has been such a class act, been a superstar on and off the field, and helped to develop Jeffery, Bennett and Wilson. Having said that my pick is still Alshon Jeffery. There is no replacement for team drafted, home grown talent.

Liked Posts:
Willie Gault had legit track star speed and as a matter of fact he is still fast. The man still runs track events sometimes and he still has burner speed. That is impressive. Its hard not to pick Brandon Marshall because he has been such a class act, been a superstar on and off the field, and helped to develop Jeffery, Bennett and Wilson. Having said that my pick is still Alshon Jeffery. There is no replacement for team drafted, home grown talent.

Yep. There aren't many pro bowl worthy WR's in Bears recent team history that were drafted & developed. So enjoy the hell out of it while there is one.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
id like to add also if we did a cb one it would have to be either peanut or donnell woolford

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I don't know why that makes him a fan favorite, but this is America...you can believe what you want.

And I meant favorite in that aspect too. His pressers are gold and that smile is infectious. His charity work, countless event appearances never showing an ounce of animosity (Tommy has always been a bit of a douche) and making himself a spokesperson for mental illness is very admirable and very uncharacteristic for a professional football player. Those guys are usually big on disguising weakness.

...again...Marshall is light years beyond anyone.....

Bud I liked him when I was freaking in my early teens. I didn't care about press conference or charity work. All I know is he made tough catches and people loved him for that. If he wasn't a fan favorite than why does he have his own radio show in chicago!! Also if you could read I said he was my
Old favorite. Marshall and Jeffrey are now my favs. Don't be a moron.. I know it's hard for you.