Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Disagree. Most bacon at fast food places is a strip of chewy fat.

That is true, also the bacon at Circus Circus all you can eat breakfast buffet for $1.99 in 1985 was really bad. I know, shocking.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would like to know what everyone's thoughts are on steak sauce. There are only two types of people IMO on this topic. People who can't live without it and people who get bitter when someone uses it because 'a well prepared steak should never need sauce.'

I think I'm somewhere in the middle. If I'm at a nice restaurant who knows how to make a steak, I agree that you don't need it. If I make a steak at home, sometimes I like a little sauce.

I also think we can all agree that someone who puts ketchup on steak deserves to be stoned to death.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I would like to know what everyone's thoughts are on steak sauce. There are only two types of people IMO on this topic. People who can't live without it and people who get bitter when someone uses it because 'a well prepared steak should never need sauce.'

I think I'm somewhere in the middle. If I'm at a nice restaurant who knows how to make a steak, I agree that you don't need it. If I make a steak at home, sometimes I like a little sauce.

I also think we can all agree that someone who puts ketchup on steak deserves to be stoned to death.

A good steak doesn't need steak sauce. I'm ok with some horseradish though, even on a good steak.

A mediocre steak, who cares put whatever you want on it.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great cuts of steak just a little salt. Lesser cuts a little crumbled blue cheese or sauteed mushrooms. Flank and skirt steak need something, carne asada or something Asian or some other marinade, with no marinade a steak sandwich with cheese sauce. I make a combination jack cheese and blue cheese sauce and that is great. I have bottled steak sauce in the fridge, but never put it on steak, burgers only, it's Country Bob's, basically ketchup and worcestershire sauce. For roasts bordelaise or bearnaise are good, I wouldn't use them on steak though.

I've heard about a big fat guy that gets the finest cuts of steak available, has them incinerated to well done and then smothers the steak in ketchup, what a sick fuck.

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like blue cheese or roquefort butter. But, from time to time with cheaper cuts I have mixed sweet baby rays original with a splash of ketchup. Good eats

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you buy cheap steaks to doctor them up with steak sauce rather than buying a good quality steak that has its own great flavor...................ok ..........the only time i buy a lessor cut ( sirloin, chuck ) is when we make a pepper steak, that i can work and marinate.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you buy cheap steaks to doctor them up with steak sauce rather than buying a good quality steak that has its own great flavor...................ok ..........the only time i buy a lessor cut ( sirloin, chuck ) is when we make a pepper steak, that i can work and marinate.

Skirt and flank are cheap and great when prepared and sliced the right way. It never even occurred to make carne asada using a more expensive cut, if it ain't broke...

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

I buy a 1/2 cow roughly every 1.5 years so I'm getting all the cuts with bones, stew meat, strips, rounds, brisket etc. I know how to prepare and cook nearly everything cow. Its an art really.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to put yellow mustard on thin crust pizza.

Also, melted butter on warm cake donuts.

For my own sake, I have discontinued both practices.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can put a layer of kosher flake salt on beef for a couple hours and make just about anything tender

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've decided to combine Salt and Black Pepper, I think I could be on to something!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
One of my favorite pairings:

Bratwurst and ketchup.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems peanut butter and Mayo sandwiches are becoming the new hottness