Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
A real pipe dream, but I really hope we bring in Josh Smith. I know he gets a lot of hate around here, but he's a solid defender, and under Thibodeau, I think he'll eliminate a lot of the bad shots he takes.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idk man. Looking at the list, a lot of guys are going to be too expensive.

Some decent shooters and/or scorers that are going to likely be in our price range: Mike Dunleavy, Korver, Reggie Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Morrow, Brandon Rush [if he opts out], Reddick, Dorell Wright, Nick Young, and maybe a couple more.

None of them puts us over the top, but they can help the offense.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Some decent shooters and/or scorers that are going to likely be in our price range: Mike Dunleavy, Korver, Reggie Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Morrow, Brandon Rush [if he opts out], Reddick, Dorell Wright, Nick Young, and maybe a couple more.

jj_redick.jpg

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
JJ Reddick is looking for 8-10 mil a year, he can go fuck himself.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If we're looking at straight up shooters (something we really lacked this season) Korver, Dunleavy, and Morrow might be our best options there. Morrow I think could potentially be a really good player for us at backup SG, or even starting. He can make 3s at a crazy high clip and still maintain a good fg% overall. No idea why Atlanta never used him. Obviously, I'd love to have Korver back...we know what he brings. Dunleavy would be a poor man's Korver, but more length defensively...and it's not like he's terrible at shooting either.

Brandon Rush and Nick Young are guys I think could really help us offensively. Rush seems to be a decent defender too, so Thibs could perhaps turn him into a Sefolosha type. Young would be that 6th man scorer off the bench that we need. Not very efficient, but it fills a need. Dorell Wright wouldn't be a bad choice either.

For whatever reason, I see us getting none of them.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
With the current CBA, I'm curious to see the landscape of players taking major cuts after the top tiers that will likely get paid.

Considering our cap situation: Xavier Henry is a player I would LOVE to scoop up. Cole Aldrich is a sleeper pick-up. I also think Chris Kaman is going to slip into price-range for us, and he's a Thibs guy. He would bring legitimate breathing room to our front-court. I wonder if Francisco Garcia is going to fall too. He's the more polished, more versatile version of Belinelli.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
With the current CBA, I'm curious to see the landscape of players taking major cuts after the top tiers that will likely get paid.

Considering our cap situation: Xavier Henry is a player I would LOVE to scoop up. Cole Aldrich is a sleeper pick-up. I also think Chris Kaman is going to slip into price-range for us, and he's a Thibs guy. He would bring legitimate breathing room to our front-court. I wonder if Francisco Garcia is going to fall too. He's the more polished, more versatile version of Belinelli.
Agree with bold.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
hoping we resign lil nate....not sure what teams will offer him.....but if some team offers him a nice deal i wont be mad if he takes it he deserves it

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 12h
Nate Robinson: "I love this team and love these guys. If I could stay here, it would be wonderful." #Bulls

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Our primary needs are at shooting guard and backup center. We need a guy who can move well without the ball and hit jumpers consistently with his feet set. With Rose healthy, we have a guy that can slash and score in traffic. Belinelli was a bit too inconsistent to garner starter's minutes and Rip is well past his prime and should only be used off the bench. Either way, we're going to buy out Rip's last season and save ourselves $4MM. Our lack of frontcourt depth really showed against Miami. When Noah would rotate out to guard LeBron on the wing, LeBron took it to the rack every single time because he new nobody else was protecting the rim. These are two issues we should be able to address in the draft, which will save us a substantial amount of money.

If anything, the real issues are going to be what we decide to do with Deng in his final year (I still say trade him and get maximum return for him now) and Boozer (I say keep him until we're into the final year of his deal, unless a team offers a younger upgrade as well as a draft pick). If we stand pat with those two guys, we're essentially going to have the same roster we did this year, only with another rookie on the bench that never plays.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'd like Kaman because he isn't that bad defensively and he would stretch the floor with his mid-range game. If he is a little over priced I think Jermaine O'Neal or Samuel Dalembert would be good options, both played well on both ends last season.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
speaking of Jermaine O'Neal remember when i said we should trade Rip for him and ppl laughed and said i was stupid?

:shifty:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
speaking of Jermaine O'Neal remember when i said we should trade Rip for him and ppl laughed and said i was stupid?

:shifty:

I still think so. Do not want, nor do I like garbage for garbage trades.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i honestly think the mere sight of rip pisses wade off...its no coincidence that all off a sudden wade exploded when rip was in the game

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I still think so. Do not want, nor do I like garbage for garbage trades.

he woulda been more useful then rip was

thats all that matters, yo

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
he woulda been more useful then rip was

Not really. You don't plug players in and out like a video game. They have to learn they system and adjust. Hence why Nazy was useful down the line, but garbage for the first 60-some games of the season.

Now if real life were a video game, then yes, then it would be a fun trade.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Kaman and Garcia are guys I wouldn't mind getting either. Henry is an interesting choice...hasn't really done too much so far but a lot of upside.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I don't see them having any cap space for more than minimum players. That's probably why Nate will leave.

I'm all for keeping Bellinelli because he showed he can get his own shot. We had Korver who couldn't and while he's a better shooter that's limiting to the offense. I would keep Mohammed, centers with skills are tough to find, they don't need heavy minutes from him very often. Maybe they like Malcolm Thomas from what they see in practice. Then you fill the back of the roster behind the starters, Hinrich (no more questions about Kirk are there?), Gibson and Teague. That would be 11 and you add the first round pick, the second for a future Euro player and a FA or 2.