Game of Thrones Thread

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if Bran is the primary target
Bran doesn't die next episode
Nk still has a dragon, and doesn't lose it next episode...........

.......Looks like the NK and his army never make it to KL
.......The Nk is finally defeated in episode 4?

Makes no sense for the NK to head to KL before Bran is dealt with.
Or does the NK die in the end of episode 3, Wf is lost in the process?
Maybe they head to last Hearth, the survivors?
I could only assume Arya becomes the dead dragon and kills the NK. Its a big mask:eek:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Night King doesn't wait out the Storm, the Night King brings the Storm.
I think we will see this play out in a more literal sense. The battle will be fought in large part in blizzard conditions, with very low visibility. this makes it hard for Jon and Dany to use their dragons effectively, and disorients the army of the living. This could be were mel comes into play, to fight back the blizzard.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if Bran is the primary target
Bran doesn't die next episode
Nk still has a dragon, and doesn't lose it next episode...........

.......Looks like the NK and his army never make it to KL
.......The Nk is finally defeated in episode 4?

Makes no sense for the NK to head to KL before Bran is dealt with.
Or does the NK die in the end of episode 3, Wf is lost in the process?
Maybe they head to last Hearth, the survivors?
Think Bran is killed next episode (Theon fails again) and brought back by Berek who then dies himself.

Always makes sense for NK to go on to KL and add 1 million to his army. He'll always know where Bran is and can get him any time. Also as the good guys retreat south, headed that way anyway. Could also see NK decide to go to KL rather than chase the North that's in retreat. Thinking here is he gained more bodies for his army but North put up a pretty good fight so he'll add even more to his army before he pursues them. Then Bran figures out he went to KL and Jon and/or Bran, armed with better ideas/weapons decide to go on the attack, and meet up with the NK in KL. Thinking the war vs the dead ends in episode 4, first half of episode 5 at the latest.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think Bran is killed next episode (Theon fails again) and brought back by Berek who then dies himself.

Always makes sense for NK to go on to KL and add 1 million to his army. He'll always know where Bran is and can get him any time. Also as the good guys retreat south, headed that way anyway. Could also see NK decide to go to KL rather than chase the North that's in retreat. Thinking here is he gained more bodies for his army but North put up a pretty good fight so he'll add even more to his army before he pursues them. Then Bran figures out he went to KL and Jon and/or Bran, armed with better ideas/weapons decide to go on the attack, and meet up with the NK in KL. Thinking the war vs the dead ends in episode 4, first half of episode 5 at the latest.

NO, bran is being pushed in his wheel chair in the crypts in the preview, so he is saved. And if Bran was brought back to life (ick) would he still be the 3eyed raven? Not sure on that. When the last 3 eyed raven was killed, he kind of evaporated, not sure there would be anything left to "kiss".

I really like the idea of the NK heading towards KL, I HOPE it does happen. Just don't think it will. Plot wise, with what we know, it makes no sense. i get what your saying from a strategic perspective though, and I agree. A lot has been made, and is being made, over the vision of the dragon shadow over KL, but technically, that has already been fulfilled, when Dany flew Dragon to the dragon pit in season 7.

If Bran really is the only thing that can stop him, he will deal with him first, as Branns powers grow stronger by the day.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
NO, bran is being pushed in his wheel chair in the crypts in the preview, so he is saved. And if Bran was brought back to life (ick) would he still be the 3eyed raven? Not sure on that. When the last 3 eyed raven was killed, he kind of evaporated, not sure there would be anything left to "kiss".

I really like the idea of the NK heading towards KL, I HOPE it does happen. Just don't think it will. Plot wise, with what we know, it makes no sense. i get what your saying from a strategic perspective though, and I agree. A lot has been made, and is being made, over the vision of the dragon shadow over KL, but technically, that has already been fulfilled, when Dany flew Dragon to the dragon pit in season 7.

If Bran really is the only thing that can stop him, he will deal with him first, as Branns powers grow stronger by the day.
As far as Bran's powers, I don't believe he's any threat to NK. The only damage he'd be able to do would be to his army by warging into a dragon and even then, NK might be able to knock him out of it. The vision was far more ominous than Dany just going to the pit and seemed more meaningful too. More reason for the NK to go on to KL, despite winning in WF his forces could actually be depleted. The North had a plan whereas KL would not. The fire we've heard much about in WF could likely be set by Team Jon. Think this was foreshadowed last episode, when one of his buddies mentioned to burn their bodies if they died so they couldn't be turned. So you're left with 2 dragons who can take a lot of their army out quickly plus some of the best fighters and armies in all of Westeros.

If NK turns out to be a great strategist, it's a no brainer to go to KL to reinforce forces and expect far less resistance. No dragons there to deal with either, making NK's ice dragon all that more overwhelming.

Just not sure when the Golden Company enters the fray. They seem to be expected to start fighting in week 4.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
NK heads to KL it would mean utter destruction of his Northern group. The 2 dragons would mop up. Bran should SEE his movement South, and after the wipe out, the NK would have to deal with 2 armies front and back.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This might be Special person but why didn’t they make dragon glass armor to protect the dragons from night king weapons? One dragon pushed daisies from an ice spear it would make sense to armor them right?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This might be Special person but why didn’t they make dragon glass armor to protect the dragons from night king weapons? One dragon pushed daisies from an ice spear it would make sense to armor them right?

Too much weight for the wing structure thus maintaining altitude or even getting off the ground next to impossible.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is the average air speed velocity of a laden dragon?

Srs if GoT ends like Monty Python and the Holy Grail it could be the best troll that will ever exist.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jaime is the better man. Easy to grow bold when you lose your dick cause you have nothing to live for. Jaime was bold before and after losing his hand.

Nah. I think a guy trying to prove something to his father is a story as old as time. A guy becoming a cuck for his sister is pretty fucking pathetic. Not to mention one underwent torture while the other willingly aided his sister in murder and mayhem because his dick controlled his thinking.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jaime's redemption arc quite a bit different. Always had honor and bravery. Became less smug and more righteous.

Hence why it isn't really redemption. Jamie isn't fighting for the people he wronged. He is fighting to save humanity which again he would do no matter what. He flat out said he did not apologize for anything he did because he did it for his family. He even said he would do it again. You can't have redemption if the person isn't even sorry for the things he is supposed to be redeemed from. You can't be redeemed from your sins if you don't even recognize them as sins. Jamie does not consider what he did as sins. He considers them righteous and honorable because he was defending his family.

This would be like me killing your moms telling you I would kill her again but because Hitler attacked the US and I chose to fight for the US, suddenly I am redeemed from killing your mom? GTFOH. Jamie's supposed redemption has nothing to do with his crimes and he is not trying to make amends for anything. He is simply trying to save the world for his own selfish reasons ie for the sake of his child.

Theon is actually fighting solely because he understands he wronged the Starks and he wants to make amends to the people he wronged. That is what makes it redemption. The act of redemption in his case is directly tied to his supposed sins.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually saw many "leaks" a while ago that said they would. Don't think the weight would be much problem for dragons that weigh many tons. Maybe dragon glass is even very light weight. Who the fuck knows?
Hence why it isn't really redemption. Jamie isn't fighting for the people he wronged. He is fighting to save humanity which again he would do no matter what. He flat out said he did not apologize for anything he did because he did it for his family. He even said he would do it again. You can't have redemption if the person isn't even sorry for the things he is supposed to be redeemed from. You can't be redeemed from your sins if you don't even recognize them as sins. Jamie does not consider what he did as sins. He considers them righteous and honorable because he was defending his family.

This would be like me killing your moms telling you I would kill her again but because Hitler attacked the US and I chose to fight for the US, suddenly I am redeemed from killing your mom? GTFOH. Jamie's supposed redemption has nothing to do with his crimes and he is not trying to make amends for anything. He is simply trying to save the world for his own selfish reasons ie for the sake of his child.

Theon is actually fighting solely because he understands he wronged the Starks and he wants to make amends to the people he wronged. That is what makes it redemption. The act of redemption in his case is directly tied to his supposed sins.
I can agree with almost all that but, really, Jaime is there to make good on a promise he made to a Stark....or half Stark, has also shown regret for what he did to Bran and we can easily imagine will be saving Stark(s) lives in the war to come.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can agree with almost all that but, really, Jaime is there to make good on a promise he made to a Stark....or half Stark, has also shown regret for what he did to Bran and we can easily imagine will be saving Stark(s) lives in the war to come.

Well then he probably shouldn't have claimed he would do it all over again. He was unapologetic about his actions in front of everyone. I don't recall him making an exception for Bran but perhaps I am forgetting some dialogue.

Jamie is not there to make good a promise he made to a Stark. He said no such thing. He said he was there to fight for the living. Again he would have done so no matter what once he realized the threat was real.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Actually saw many "leaks" a while ago that said they would.

"leaks" and your posting them here? WTF is wrong with you, put that shit in spoiler tags.

I saw you bitching a while back "some guys want everything in spoiler tags" no, not everything, just spoilers, like leaked info, why do you still have to be told this so often, do you just like being an asshole?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
"leaks" and your posting them here? WTF is wrong with you, put that shit in spoiler tags.

I saw you bitching a while back "some guys want everything in spoiler tags" no, not everything, just spoilers, like leaked info, why do you still have to be told this so often, do you just like being an asshole?

Allot of these leaks aren’t legit leaks but theories but you have a good point we didn’t come this far to have things spoiled. Especially now that there is no source material and this is all new stuff for everyone

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

As mentioned earlier, these leaks have proven to be nothing but unfounded theories as security has been tight in the final season. Nothing has been actually leaked. Even talk of the major battle in episode 3 was put out purposely by the show runners to further hype it.