Goose Gossage - Tirade

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Another example of the difference between what Mantle did versus what Bautista does. From Yardbarker.com"

WATCH: Hall-of-Fame Yankees slugger Mickey Mantle used to flip his bat, too
Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista may have done it best but evidently the bat flip has been around a long time.Check out a pair of videos that show Mantle flipping his bat after what appear to be flyouts:Those are frustration bat tosses, as opposed to the epic celebratory flip like we saw in the 2015 posteseason by Joey Bats after crushing a three-run homer against to help...

Your own words in your last two posts. 1) It's not planned and 22) It's emotional.

Yes Mantle flipped when he sucked and he flipped when he didn't suck per your own article.

Rose on the other hand not only levelled the catcher but was one of the worst gloats I've ever seen in sports.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your own words in your last two posts. 1) It's not planned and 22) It's emotional.

Yes Mantle flipped when he sucked and he flipped when he didn't suck per your own article.

Rose on the other hand not only levelled the catcher but was one of the worst gloats I've ever seen in sports.

Big difference between Mantle and Bautista. Bautista wants to show up the other player. Mantle mostly was pissed at himself for his own failure. That is a huge difference. Bautista is the gloating one and I do not like gloaters.

As for Rose, what he did was perfectly legit on that play. He did nothing wrong and actually risked injury to himself on the play did he not? He won on the play and had Fosse won the collision, I doubt that Rose would have bitched. It was the way that Rose played the game.....balls out.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Big difference between Mantle and Bautista. Bautista wants to show up the other player. Mantle mostly was pissed at himself for his own failure. That is a huge difference. Bautista is the gloating one and I do not like gloaters.
You have yet to prove that Bautista did it to show up the other player. Your own words even say that at times (the opposite of mostly) Mantle did it in success. So the difference does not exist.

As for Rose, what he did was perfectly legit on that play. He did nothing wrong and actually risked injury to himself on the play did he not? He won on the play and had Fosse won the collision, I doubt that Rose would have (complained). It was the way that Rose played the game.....balls out.

I will say this again as you keep missing it. The play at the plate is not an issue. It's Rose's reaction after the collision that was the bushiest of moves.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have yet to prove that Bautista did it to show up the other player. Your own words even say that at times (the opposite of mostly) Mantle did it in success. So the difference does not exist.

You are just wrong. YOu might read up on the subject of Mickey Mantle. I have. Mantle is typically described as an epitome of a player who did things the right way in terms of sportsmanship. Bautista has a reputation of the opposite. Mantle neve tried to show anyone up. Bautista does. I actually cannot believe that you are equating the two guys when that is ridiculous.

I will say this again as you keep missing it. The play at the plate is not an issue. It's Rose's reaction after the collision that was the bushiest of moves.

Again. You might research this a little bit. I must have read 20 or so articles written about the collision and what happened afterward. First , it was legal. Rose was the winning run and Fosse went up the line and blocked Rose's path to the plate. Fosse did not bitch at all after it happened either about the play itself or any supposed taunting by Rose afterward. All of you "evidence" is in your head. You do not see Rose do anything other than stand on the side and look at Fosse. You said it was the "bushiest of moves". That is nonsense. If it was, then there would be many articles that mentioned that but there are none. NONE! The articles written concern themselves with stuff like.....THE GREATEST ALL_STAR GAME MOMENT EVER or ones that question whether Rose should have just given himself up at teh plate because it was JUST AN ALL-STAR GAME or Did rose try to injure Fosse becasue they hated each other(which was a lie or stuff like that. ANother interesting fact is the allegation that Rose ruined Fosse's career when in fact, only Rose missed games after that collision(Three) and Fosse went on to play 9 more years before he retired and actually hit .306 for that season.

But in none of those articles did I find one about Rose being bushleague or taunting Fosse. That did not happen and you are the first person that I have ever heard that called Rose on taunting Fosse.