Hey Bandwagoners... You an eat a butt!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
while annoying i think the video is supposed to be taken as a little tongue in cheek.

maybe not.

as for bandwagoners. fuck em. I and all of you will and have been enjoying these playoffs more than any bandwagoner ever will. They can not take the thrills away from us and that is all that matters. Every Hawks win means more to us. If the Hawks lift that cup we are the ones the players will want to share it with when they go town to town with it. so fuck the wagon jumpers. Don't let em get to you. except you psr because your rants rule!!

In the mean time the team generates a bit more revenue. Nothing wrong with that. Old Rocky and the gang deserve a little bit of the pie do they not? Rocky's been good to us fans. McDouchebag maybe has overkilled things but Rocky and others have given us a good time.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Unless the bandwagoners take an injection of hockey smarts, screw them all to heck. There was a dumba$$ on the Score this evening who was so proud of himself because he's been "watching 3 to 4 Blackhawks game a week since the NCAA tournament has been over"...and...."the Flyers really outshot us in last night's game."

Wow....that's just great....

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Saw the epitome of bandwagoners yesterday. After the Kopecky goal they showed a shot from the crowd and a good 10-15 people right in front of the camera didn't cheer, stand up or anything. Here I would let someone knock me out multiple times to attend games, break my foot, pull 7 teeth(in honor of Keith), key my car a hundred times, I'd do a whole lot to go to just one of these games, let alone in a seat, let alone in the 100 level. Guess some people will get what they don't deserve. Probably has happened to me unknowingly too, but the Stanley Cup?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]Saw the epitome of bandwagoners yesterday. After the Kopecky goal they showed a shot from the crowd and a good 10-15 people right in front of the camera didn't cheer, stand up or anything. Here I would let someone knock me out multiple times to attend games, break my foot, pull 7 teeth(in honor of Keith), key my car a hundred times, I'd do a whole lot to go to just one of these games, let alone in a seat, let alone in the 100 level. Guess some people will get what they don't deserve. Probably has happened to me unknowingly too, but the Stanley Cup?[/quote]

I feel the same. But hey, they can now tell their friends "they were there". The only problem, they don't even know who won.

I totally hear ya. Freaking SRO were $245 a piece.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
[quote name="nana"]http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/and-then-what/2010/05/the-5-people-you-meet-on-the-blackhawks-bandwagon.html[/quote]

I definitely fall under both Angry Die-Hard and Happy Die-Hard. The bandwagon fans can make my skin curl, but I'll be fucking damned if their gonna hamper on my favorite teams success after I have sat through the dog shit years.

And what is the definition of die-hard. This dude has a very loose one. I've missed like 6 games in the last 3 years, and the year before that you really couldn't count due to tv restrictions, and I still listened to the radio (Great Wideman Call on Toews first career goal). Would we here at IHN be in the un-healthy obsessive compulsive category of fans?

If so, fuck yea.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't think of one reason to hate bandwagon fans.

It's nice having a full building.....Just wait for the whistle.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
all the die hards seem to forget that they themselves were new stupid fans at one time. and i am pretty sure some of them even jumped on the bandwagon back in the day when the hawks were good.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="roshinaya"]all the die hards seem to forget that they themselves were new stupid fans at one time. and i am pretty sure some of them even jumped on the bandwagon back in the day when the hawks were good.[/quote]

Yup. Besides, why they hell would anyone want to start following the Hawks five years ago?

Nope, this "I hate bandwagon fans" shit is just lame.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]

Yup. Besides, why they hell would anyone want to start following the Hawks five years ago?

Nope, this "I hate bandwagon fans" shit is just lame.[/quote]

Look who got out of jail just in time to post in favor of his pal McDick for Brains.......

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="Maiden"]

Look who got out of jail just in time to post in favor of his pal McDick for Brains.......[/quote]

I expected a lame response, but I didn't expect it from you.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]

I expected a lame response, but I didn't expect it from you.[/quote]

You should've.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]all the die hards seem to forget that they themselves were new stupid fans at one time. and i am pretty sure some of them even jumped on the bandwagon back in the day when the hawks were good.[/quote]

and the line between here and the o-boards continues to shrink

Razzberry

Liked Posts:
Klem, do you think it's a coincidence that the majority of die-hard fans on this board are pretty evenly split between people in their 40s/50s and people in their 20s? They roughly line up with people who started following the Hawks during the 70s and 90s when they were a good team. There's not many of us here who can honestly say we became fans when they sucked.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]Klem, do you think it's a coincidence that the majority of die-hard fans on this board are pretty evenly split between people in their 40s/50s and people in their 20s? They roughly line up with people who started following the Hawks during the 70s and 90s when they were a good team. There's not many of us here who can honestly say we became fans when they sucked.[/quote]

Does it count then that I started in the 80's? Very late 80's...

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]Klem, do you think it's a coincidence that the majority of die-hard fans on this board are pretty evenly split between people in their 40s/50s and people in their 20s? They roughly line up with people who started following the Hawks during the 70s and 90s when they were a good team. There's not many of us here who can honestly say we became fans when they sucked.[/quote]

You ask a damn good question, and I think the answer is no.

I also don't think there any many, if any, bandwagon fans that inhabit this board....

stu

Liked Posts:
Does it count then that I started in the 80's? Very late 80's...[/quote]

Wasn't that when you were born?

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:

Well Rosh, when I became a fan there were only 6 teams in the league. Since the Habs were the team to beat almost every year way back then I suppose I could have jumped on their bandwagon. But I grew up in Chicago so the Hawks were my team, win or lose. And considering that I was pretty young, I guess I wasn't the most knowledgeable fan. But at least I wasn't a grown adult and just waited for the team to have some success before jumping on board. I think that is what people have a problem with.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="stu"]Does it count then that I started in the 80's? Very late 80's...[/quote]

Wasn't that when you were born?[/quote]

I was born in 80, so I started in the late 80's but was too young to form any real strong connection to anything but the team itself.

Razzberry

Liked Posts:
[quote name="klemmer"]

You ask a damn good question, and I think the answer is no.

I also don't think there any many, if any, bandwagon fans that inhabit this board....[/quote]

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that fans are made during good times (including most of us), but it's hard to tell which fans are the bandwagoners until you see who jumps off in the bad times. I don't fault anyone for becoming a fan this year, it's just a matter to see which fans are willing to stick it out long-term. It's unfair to lump all new fans under the bandwagon banner.