Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
good to see people going to a public nut house. don' tell me y'all believe in easter bunnies too.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Eh, Easter itself is less important to me than seeing my family, so I avoided Chicago holiday traffic with my annual "go home for dad's birthday instead." It's at the start of April and always lands on the same day, and we made a brisket.

Easter itself was a birthday for a friend of mine, and it was also her graduation show (going through iO theaters improv courses). It was a decent day had I not been feeling sick as a dog.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Egg hunt came early. Don't celebrate any religious part of Easter except for prayer at dinner, as usual. Such a weird "holiday." Did marinate some strip steak and use my grill for the first time this season after cleaning it for two hours last week. Grilled steak (to perfection), asparagus and red bell peppers. Read too many stories, played Candyland and Uno. Once the boys were down the Mrs and I played a game of chess, watched GOT and promptly pass the F out.

I love Sundays.
You are a man after my own heart. How many married couples play chess together? You are a true renaissance couple.

Reactions: DC

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
good to see people going to a public nut house. don' tell me y'all believe in easter bunnies too.
I'm just testing my reading comprehension here... the 'public nut house' you're referring to are all churches, temples and places of worship throughout the history of the Earth, right?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I got Delta flight DL 2527 departing ORD Chicago O'Hare at 7:45 PM tonight, arriving Minneapolis MSP 9:15 PM

Then Delta flight DL 369 departing MSP at 10:31 PM arriving at Las Vegas Mc Carran LAS at 11:59 PM

Is there anyway you could make the first flight direct to Las Vegas and skip the whole Minneapolis thing?

Reason: I hate layovers.

Thanks in advance.

PS no fatties.

I almost forgot, for Easter we gathered all the neighborhood children together and watched The Passion of the Christ, true meaning and stuff.

Lol nope. O hare is United territory. To be honest all of Chicago is. MSP is a delta hub

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are a man after my own heart. How many married couples play chess together? You are a true renaissance couple.

Probably not many. Nothing better than having a glass of red and smack talking over a game of chess with your wife.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Giordanos Pizza and Westwood festival on Netflix

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm just testing my reading comprehension here... the 'public nut house' you're referring to are all churches, temples and places of worship throughout the history of the Earth, right?
yes indeed.
FlickeringCarelessKid-small.gif

there's people whom believes in this guy.^

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
yes indeed.
FlickeringCarelessKid-small.gif

there's people whom believes in this guy.^
There's people who do, and don't, believe in things that can't be proven with empirical lab testing, but rather based on their effects, logical reasoning and personal experiences. Hardly makes 97% of the world's population nutso (unless we want to count everyone nutso and call it a day). There's no science that proves God doesn't exist, is there?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's people who do, and don't, believe in things that can't be proven with empirical lab testing, but rather based on their effects, logical reasoning and personal experiences. Hardly makes 97% of the world's population nutso (unless we want to count everyone nutso and call it a day). There's no science that proves God doesn't exist, is there?

The goal of science isnt to prove what doesnt exist lol

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
And for many, the rituals belonging to any individual religion is little more than a cultural experience to be had with family and community. I'm atheist and still celebrate Christmas and Easter with the family, with no bitterness to be had.

Point being, there's a lot that go on for any one person to be at a temple of worship. To refer to it as a nuthouse is trite as hell.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My easter involved a brekkie burro and a 3 hour drive back to Albuquerque.

The wind was blowing across the highway like a mofo so I definitely wasn't zoning out.