Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Love him or hate him Hub is pretty objective considering the Bears fired him.

He said the Twitter "geniuses" that are packing his feed saying Pace screwed this up are clueless.

He would have liked to see Cam back but understands why they didn't match. He thinks Cam probably will not be back to form until 2019 thus making it a one year 10 million dollar deal.

He said that anyone that thinks that the 2nd round tender would have garnered an actual 2nd round pick doesn't understand there's not a chance any team would have signed him.

He said they tendered (original round) him so to not just give him away but based on the medical the extra million really wasn't worth it.

He mentioned Burton while listed as a TE, is going to be a slot WR. Meredith would have been behind him.

He said in addition to Robinson, Gabriel and Burton, the Bears plan plenty of targets for Shaheen and Cohen will get consistent reps as a WR. Then there's Kevin White. He's going to get a chance. Hub said they could live with White being available and 75% of what they think they drafted.

He felt the Bears were always going to draft a WR and will bring in some pro free agents and UDFAs too just like when they brought in Cam. Obviously, the UDFAs happen after the draft and that's when he thinks they'll bring in some street FAs.

He said not matching has little or NO impact on the Bears chances for success in 2018.

He said he's not implying Mickey Loomis doesn't know what he's doing but he thinks Willie Snead is a better player than Cam. He said he's seen a lot more of Cam with OTAs and camps than the Saints brass. Interesting...

He said there's no WR worth 8.

He thinks the Bears are in a prime position to trade back and has his eye on Arizona. He advocates the move. This will drive the Egg Man nuts since he loves Hub.

He believes they'll use some of the money they're not giving Cam to extend Goldman.

He said Pace was having a good off-season and said based on the demand for Robinson, it was excellent how he locked him down and staved off all the competition.

Please feel free to go back to gnashing your teeth, if you are still angry about Cam.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good info regardless of if you agree or not. Thanks for posting.

Also confirms what I've said about Burton and Shaheen.... they are both TE's but will have VERY different rolls on this team. Same with Simms.

Also, relying on 75% of Kevin White is fucking Special person. You've so far got ZERO % for three years.

And lock up Eddie please. Dude will expensive as fuck if he ever hits the open market.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Good stuff here in which i agree with. I'm pretty sure we all would of liked to have Cam back based off of the 2016 season but i just don't see it as a big of loss as many on here do and the cunting is at an all time high on this not matching Cam move.

Thanks for posting playthrough2001

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good stuff here in which i agree with. I'm pretty sure we all would of liked to have Cam back based off of the 2016 season but i just don't see it as a big of loss as many on here do and the cunting is at an all time high on this not matching Cam move.

Thanks for posting playthrough

Trubs could die in a car crash today and you'd still be pumpin sunshine.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think Snead is the better WR of the 2...was hoping the Bears would land him as the #3.

But looks like he’s going to Baltimore

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love him or hate him Hub is pretty objective considering the Bears fired him.

He said the Twitter "geniuses" that are packing his feed saying Pace screwed this up are clueless.

He would have liked to see Cam back but understands why they didn't match. He thinks Cam probably will not be back to form until 2019 thus making it a one year 10 million dollar deal.

He said that anyone that thinks that the 2nd round tender would have garnered an actual 2nd round pick doesn't understand there's not a chance any team would have signed him.

He said they tendered (original round) him so to not just give him away but based on the medical the extra million really wasn't worth it.

He mentioned Burton while listed as a TE, is going to be a slot WR. Meredith would have been behind him.

He said in addition to Robinson, Gabriel and Burton, the Bears plan plenty of targets for Shaheen and Cohen will get consistent reps as a WR. Then there's Kevin White. He's going to get a chance. Hub said they could live with White being available and 75% of what they think they drafted.

He felt the Bears were always going to draft a WR and will bring in some pro free agents and UDFAs too just like when they brought in Cam. Obviously, the UDFAs happen after the draft and that's when he thinks they'll bring in some street FAs.

He said not matching has little or NO impact on the Bears chances for success in 2018.

He said he's not implying Mickey Loomis doesn't know what he's doing but he thinks Willie Snead is a better player than Cam. He said he's seen a lot more of Cam with OTAs and camps than the Saints brass. Interesting...

He said there's no WR worth 8.

He thinks the Bears are in a prime position to trade back and has his eye on Arizona. He advocates the move. This will drive the Egg Man nuts since he loves Hub.

He believes they'll use some of the money they're not giving Cam to extend Goldman.

He said Pace was having a good off-season and said based on the demand for Robinson, it was excellent how he locked him down and staved off all the competition.

Please feel free to go back to gnashing your teeth, if you are still angry about Cam.

If they were willing to keep him for the year on an original round tender, why didnt they just place the 2nd round tender on him? RFA contracts are not guaranteed. They could let him loose at any time with no money ramification.

Last edited:

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The only negative I see is we now have another position to fill

Otherwise I think Meredith was a solid number two wr who did great when he could vulture off Jeffrey and thought he could do the same with ar. Once you have your top dog wr it shouldn’t be that hard finding complementary players I guess that’s why I’m not as disappointed as others

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If they were willing to keep him for the year on an original round tender, why didnt they just place the 2nd round tender on him? RFA contracts are not guaranteed.

Were the tenders given out before fa started? Maybe it was more insurance policy if pace struck out in free agency. The plan with Meredith probably changed when they were able to land ar and Gabriel

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Pace/Nagy didn't lose Cam. They didn't want Cam. Big difference...

Even worse, more bad evaluations of talent. I'm not freaking out about Cam per say, but it's one more thing in a longer line of things. I'm not a negative guy in general but outside of drafting well Pace has kinda stunk up the place.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Were the tenders given out before fa started? Maybe it was more insurance policy if pace struck out in free agency. The plan with Meredith probably changed when they were able to land ar and Gabriel

I believe someone around here has suggested this may be the case as well...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Even worse, more bad evaluations of talent. I'm not freaking out about Cam per say, but it's one more thing in a longer line of things. I'm not a negative guy in general but outside of drafting well Pace has kinda stunk up the place.

Every decision that differs with yours isn't always a bad decision though...

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
Losing Cam is not that big of a deal. But it is one more mistake in a long line of mistakes. It all adds up.

I can't wrap my head around comments like these. Help me understand how you (a lay person) can say with such certainty that Pace, who does this job professionally at the highest level and who is advised by a team of professionals, who's entire purpose is to evaluate football talent along with medical staff to determine the health of players, made 'one more mistake?'

Cam may recover and have a successful career or he may not. You have no way of knowing that... but to completely dismiss all logic and just call it a mistake is meatball.