If you had a choice to spend a day with a Bull

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
who would you choose and why? It could be a current or former bull.

I would of course pick MJ because I has so many questions for him and I would want to see his memorabilia room.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon. He seems like he would have some interesting answers to way Bulls stiffed him and I would love to his see what his workout routine is

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would not really care since just spending a day with a Bull would be amazing to me, but given the choice I would go:
1 MJ (what more need be said)
2 Rose (lot of stuff I want to ask him)
3 Kirk (I just like him...deal with it)
4 Ben (same as Dpauley)
5 Tyrus (I would take this opportunity to tell him all about his bball IQ...or lack thereof and hopefully inspire him to fix it =P)

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I think of the current Bulls, Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Luol Deng, Aaron Gray and Joakim Noah would be the best to spend the day with, with Gordon and Tyrus being the cream of the crop.

Of post-dynasty Bulls, it would have to be Thabo Sefolosha, Paul Shirley, and Tyson Chandler.

Couldn't imagine spending a day with Derrick Rose...."Ummm, ummm....lets eat some candy. Umm, umm....ummm...umm....wanna see my knife?"

RPK

Liked Posts:
1. MJ ( do I need to explain why ? )
2. Phil Jackson (great basketball mind, I'm sure he could tell some great stories)
3. John Paxson (love to hear more about the NBA from the Gm side of things )
4. Dennis Rodman ( the man knew how to party )
5. Steve Kerr ( would want pointers on how to shoot a perfect 3 point jumpshot )

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
1) John Paxson
2) Ben Gordon
3) Luol Deng
4) Steve Kerr

Paxson would easily be #1, just because he's the present GM, and I think that would make for the most interesting discussion. He's also a nice/smart guy from the one time I interviewed him for DX, so I know I'd have something to talk to him about. Plus you'd get good stories from the dynasty era.

Gordon would probably be #2, but really my #2-#4 are all of similar interest. I think all three of them are intelligent enough to talk to and would have lots of good stories. Kerr gets you ties with the dynasty Bulls and present GM stuff. Gordon and Deng would give me all the good stuff on todays team.

I wouldn't care about trying to instruct Tyrus, seriously, you think you know more about basketball than Tyrus? I'm guessing very few, if any, people here could really instruct him on anything. It's easy to see things from 100 feet away in an overhead view, and a lot harder to see/execute them going at full speed when you're there.

I also would feel so/so about Jordan. He'd probably have some great stories and is clearly an intelligent guy, but I don't know, I feel like he'd be more unapproachable to talk to even if forced to spend the day with me. I'm also more interested in the present day team than the past team. He'd maybe have some good GM stuff, but he seems pretty far removed from it. I'd put him at #5 on the list though.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Derrick rose and Eddy Curry. I grew up by both of them and we have a lot in common.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Well im a Mary Jane user so id say Joakim hes probally got some goods..lol Nah, seriously it would be MJ ofcourse with Tyrus a close second,than Scottie

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Well im a Mary Jane user so id say Joakim hes probally got some goods..lol Nah, seriously it would be MJ ofcourse with Tyrus a close second,than Scottie

I think you'll be good with a lot more players than Noah there.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Yea definitley Doug your right,unfortunatley he got caught..

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Phil Jackson? I rather spend the day with the true coach of the Bulls Tex Winter.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
dougthonus wrote:
I wouldn't care about trying to instruct Tyrus, seriously, you think you know more about basketball than Tyrus? I'm guessing very few, if any, people here could really instruct him on anything. It's easy to see things from 100 feet away in an overhead view, and a lot harder to see/execute them going at full speed when you're there.
Obviously none of us are so knowledgeable about basketball that we could teach Tyrus anything. Otherwise we'd all be coaches in the NBA. But hey we can all make a joke here and there right? Well...my statement was a joke anyway.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Who else would I like to hang out with hmmmmmmm Eddie Robinson. I would like to go play basketball with him and see him dunk, of course if his toe is ok.

Mike

Liked Posts:
1) MJ - One of the most fascinating public figures of our generation. Couldn't pass up an opportunity to pick his brain.

2) Paul Shirley - Seems like he could be kind of a jerk, but he's also pretty funny, and would inspire some interesting conversations about being a fringe NBA player, as well as a ton of non basketball topics.

3) Deng - Seems like a genuinely nice guy, and one of the more fascinating (to me anyway) players on the team. He's had such an interesting life, and if all else fails, we can talk soccer for a few hours.

4) Gordon - I don't know enough about him. I'm fairly convinced that the media portrays him unfairly, but he also seems pretty reserved, so I doubt he's really pushing to get the "real" Gordon out there. Seems to be an especially driven individual, and people like that are always interesting. He also seems like a decent guy to boot, but it'd be nice to find out.

5) Jared Reiner - Same fringe NBA player perspective Shirley provides, but there's a bonus in that I'd be able to tell him about the time I dreamt that I worked for the Tribune, wrote something negative about him, and then had to hide as he sought revenge. What's more, after telling him that lame go-nowhere story, he'd have to then spend the entire day with me. :)

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
Obviously none of us are so knowledgeable about basketball that we could teach Tyrus anything. Otherwise we'd all be coaches in the NBA. But hey we can all make a joke here and there right? Well...my statement was a joke anyway.

I think I'm knowledgeable enough to teach Thomas something. I am sure there is plenty of basketball knowledge I possess that he does not. I think the point Doug was trying to make is that if Tyrus is too stubborn to listen to his coaches, why would he listen to some fan?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Who else would I like to hang out with hmmmmmmm Eddie Robinson. I would like to go play basketball with him and see him dunk, of course if his toe is ok.

I was thinking about listing Eddie Robinson, but I would rather go sweater shopping with him than play basketball.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think I'm knowledgeable enough to teach Thomas something. I am sure there is plenty of basketball knowledge I possess that he does not. I think the point Doug was trying to make is that if Tyrus is too stubborn to listen to his coaches, why would he listen to some fan?

A combination of both.

I think most fans don't realize the speed of the NBA game, and when they say do X or do Y, they don't realize that the player already knows to do that, but they just can't see the floor, process it, and figure out to do it fast enough for it to be effective. I think most advice (including the kind I give) is just out of frustration, but the player already knows those things.

Anything not falling in the above category almost certainly falls in the category you mentioned of something his coaches have already been trying to get him to do. I really don't think that the organization dedicated to developing him for three years and his own private coaches missed a whole bunch of low lying fruit in terms of things he could improve upon that if only a fan mentioned to him would change his game.

miltpalacio

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend a day with a Bulls player to teach/pick their brain about basketball. I would just want to hag out with them, observe what they do and how they act, and ask the occasional question. Instead of listening to a bunch of evasive answers to questions that I would ask, their behavior throughout the day would give me more data to build off of.

Without a doubt, I'd want to hang out with Noah first and foremost. Then,
Scottie
BJ
Michael
Longley
Hunter

Kush77

Liked Posts:
1) Jordan
2) Pippen
3) Rodman
4) Paxson
5) Ron Artest

The first 4 for obvious reasons, being part of the title teams. But I would love to hang out with Ron Artest for a day. Just to see what goes through this guy's mind. I dealt with him once at my old job, and he was great. I don't know, I think it would be interesting.