• Poll closed .

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This kind of crap makes the NBA a tough watch....almost WWE like.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Doesn't really matter if Rose can't stay healthy for more than a few games at a time.

TheBullsBro23

Liked Posts:
Regardless of how the refs screwed us over with that phantom Love call and miss on the Lebron push on Dunleavey, you can't win giving up that many offensive rebounds

But those 2 calls ultimately decided the game

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some positives to take away from this game.... some negatives..... loved the ball movement. Effort on the defensive glass was a total debacle. It was awesome to see Rose put on a show in his limited minutes. To be honest, I didn't mind him only playing 25 minutes tonight -- he needs to be limited in the early going.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't like when Pau tries to force shots on 3 defenders. He did that a lot tonight, and I hoped to see him use that matchup to open the backcourt a bit more.

Liked Posts:
Do you guys believe the Bulls are missing "toughness" ? I mean I like Kirk and Noah, and maybe Jimmy, but we'll need some toughness come the playoffs. I REALLY like Kurt Thomas.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I didn't see any positives in this game. This was a statement game no matter what anyway says. Defense was brutal. Rebounding sucked. Rose is already dinged up. Doug was a non-factor. Nikola was glued to the bench. Mental errors up and down the court. Ugh.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some positives to take away from this game.... some negatives..... loved the ball movement. Effort on the defensive glass was a total debacle. It was awesome to see Rose put on a show in his limited minutes. To be honest, I didn't mind him only playing 25 minutes tonight -- he needs to be limited in the early going.

You... do realize that it was because he was injured, right?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I didn't see any positives in this game. This was a statement game no matter what anyway says. Defense was brutal. Rebounding sucked. Rose is already dinged up. Doug was a non-factor. Nikola was glued to the bench. Mental errors up and down the court. Ugh.

It's game two. No serious take aways needed for this game. Wait a few months for all that

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Hinrich iced that thing. What the fuck.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Funny box score.

Bron finished with a -3 +/-, Irving with a -2, but Dellavedova who went 0-3 and didn't score(only 4 dimes and a block in 30 minutes) has a +15. :thinking:

Gasol and Taj, who were the dominant roles in winning vs the Knicks, were the two guys who really cost us this game with bad decisions.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Funny box score.

Bron finished with a -3 +/-, Irving with a -2, but Dellavedova who went 0-3 and didn't score(only 4 dimes and a block in 30 minutes) has a +15. :thinking:

Gasol and Taj, who were the dominant roles in winning vs the Knicks, were the two guys who really cost us this game with bad decisions.

How does the plus minus system work? It's always confused me

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
How does the plus minus system work? It's always confused me

Team points scored vs team points scored against while you are on the floor.

So if you start the game, and someone on your team scores 2 pts, you have 5 guys with a +2 at that point, and the other team has 5 guys with a -2. Then factor that in for an entire game.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Game was crazy, atmosphere was unbelievable. Every time LeBron touched the ball, he was either booed or had some insult thrown at him. It's a totally different experience than seeing it on tv.

I'm not worried about the loss, if we didn't allow Tristan Thompson to get 12 offensive rebounds or if Pau had actually hit some shots, we won the game. Plus we didn't have Jimmy so that hurt our defense on LeBron.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So before people are jumping off cliffs...

1) Rose was minute limited anyway. He played on that ankle before all that xray junk so clearly it wasn't that bad. Chill out.

2) We closed out this game with no Rose, no Butler, McDermott was ice cold from the field, had Taj injured for about half the 3rd quarter, and were relying on Kirk Hinrich to come through in the clutch. We almost won the game with that. That's a good sign even if Lebron killed us in OT.

3) 33-17. That's the free throw advantage for Cleveland. Shafted on some calls? Maybe.

4) 12 offensive rebounds by Thompson. 20-12 turnover difference. That's really what lost us the game in spite of all of the above.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also lol at Kyrie asking Mike Miller "is this what a playoff game feels like?"

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You... do realize that it was because he was injured, right?

Who Rose? Rose was not injured. You can't play with an injury. Rose got knicked up, but his minutes are limited anyway. With that, of course they took him back and iced him up.

He is not going to cross that 30 minute threshold, until the 15 game mark. And that is smart. The last part of his return, is to get animated to banging around, and playing through the contact.

I have seen enough to know that Rose is back. He balled last night. I don't think that there is anymore rust, outside of getting used to the contact again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This team has got to learn how to finish games when they have a lead. Five points up with 40+ seconds left? You cannot lose that game, especially to a team that you are trying to compete for a championship with you. Snell's foul was so very stupid, especially where Lebron was on the court. Then also, the decision to let Hinrich run the offense on their last possession in regulation was also stupid. He didn't start the play until 8 seconds on the shot clock remained. Way too late to start that, especially when Hinrich is not a good point guard. BTW, I thought Hinrich had a great game over-all in this one. His hustle and tenacity were outstanding. I'm putting the blame on Thibs. Despite a good game from Snell, he should not have been on the floor at the end of regulation and Hinrich should not have run that last play. That, tome, was bad coaching decision making.